Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

29 Nov 2013 04:22 #881 by DrMike
He Gives What You Need

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:19, NIV)

In Second Samuel Chapter 12, David had gotten off course. The prophet Nathan was correcting him. In doing so, he reminded David of what God had brought him through. David had seen God’s goodness, favor, protection, finances and healing down through the years. And in verse 8, Nathan made an interesting statement. He said, “David, if it had not been enough, God would have given you much, much more.” In other words, “David, looking back over your life, if you were ever lacking, if you ever needed more wisdom, more favor, more protection, more finances, God would have given it to you.”

That tells us that we have what we need right now in order to fulfill our destiny. The moment that what you have becomes not enough is the moment that God will give you more. The moment something starts to keep you from your destiny, the moment it begins to stop God’s plan for your life is the moment God will show up and intervene on your behalf.

Today, be encouraged that you have what you need, and what you need tomorrow is on its way! God is faithful and gives you what you need to fulfill His purposes.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for being my Source and Supply. I declare that my trust and hope is in You. I choose to rest in You knowing that You have provided everything I need for today in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Dec 2013 03:57 #882 by DrMike
Stay Focused on What He Can Do

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith...” (Hebrews 12:2, NKJV)

In John Chapter 4, Jesus met a Samaritan woman at a well. He asked her for something to drink. She was a little surprised because in those days the Jews didn’t have anything to do with the Samaritans. She said, “How can you ask me for something to drink?” Jesus said, “If you knew who I am, you would ask of Me, and I would give you Living Water.

She immediately began to look in the natural. She said, “But, sir, you don’t have anything to draw water with. You don’t have any kind of bucket or pail. How can you give me living water?”

How many times do people do the same thing today? God tells us He is going to do something great in our lives, and we start looking at things in the natural, and before long, we talk ourselves out of it! But we have to remember, God can take something that is ordinary, breathe on it and turn it into something that’s extraordinary. With God, all things are possible! Don’t just look at things in the natural, look at the greatness of God. Stay focused on what He can do and embrace all He has for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I lift my eyes off of my circumstances and set my focus on You. I know that with You, all things are possible. Show me Your ways. Show me Your love and all of the good things You have prepared for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

03 Dec 2013 04:09 #883 by DrMike
Don't Underestimate What You Have

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Do not despise these small beginnings, for the LORD rejoices to see the work begin...” (Zechariah 4:10, NLT)

When David faced Goliath, in the natural, all he had was a slingshot and five smooth stones. It looked insignificant and ordinary, nothing special. But God breathed on it, and he defeated Goliath and became the king of Israel. Sampson was surrounded by a huge army. Everywhere he looked there were horses, chariots and weapons. All he had was the jawbone of a donkey. No weapon. No armor. Nobody backing him up. But he picked up that jawbone, God breathed on it, and he defeated 1,000 men; the whole army. All Moses had was on ordinary stick, something he found on the ground. Yet, when he picked it up and held that rod in the air, the Red Sea supernaturally parted. All John and Dodie Osteen had were 90 people and an abandoned, rundown feed store, yet God breathed on them and did something extraordinary.

Today, don’t underestimate what you have. It may look small and insignificant. Compared to what you’re facing, it seems impossible; but when God breathes on your life, the odds dramatically change! Stay open, keep expecting, stay close to Him and watch Him do something extraordinary in your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I bless You and glorify You. Thank You for taking what I have in my hand and breathing Your life into it. Today, I expect the extraordinary. I expect to see You move on my behalf as I give You the praise and glory in all things in Jesus’ name. Amen.

04 Dec 2013 08:15 #884 by DrMike
Lack No Good Thing

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...Those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.” (Psalm 34:10, NIV)

When God created you, He put in you everything you need to fulfill your purpose in the Earth. You have the talent, the creativity and the ideas. You are full of discipline, focus and self-control. You have strength, determination and resolve. The Creator of the universe has crowned you with His favor. If you’re going to live a victorious life, you have to see yourself as a “no lack” person.

If you go around thinking, “I’ll never get out of debt. I’ll never have enough,” what you’re really saying is, “I’m lacking talent. I’m lacking ability.” Or, “I’ll never lose this weight. I’ll never break this bad habit.” You’re saying, “I’m lacking discipline. I’m lacking self-control. I don’t have enough.” If you see yourself as lacking, what does that say about God?

Deep down you have to know that because you trust in the Lord, you are a “no lack” person. Meditate on the fact that Almighty God breathed His life into you. He has already equipped and empowered you. You may have difficulties, but it’s not a surprise to God. He has equipped you, and you are well able to fulfill your destiny!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for providing everything I need. I trust You have given me everything I need to fulfill my destiny. I declare that I am a “no lack” person and receive every blessing You have prepared for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

05 Dec 2013 04:12 #885 by DrMike
Switch Over to the Victory Channel

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy — meditate on these things.” (Philippians 4:8, NKJV)

It’s interesting that our mind will naturally gravitate toward the negative. A study showed how positive and negative memories are handled by different parts of the brain. A negative memory takes up more space. There’s more to process. Because of this, we will remember the negative more than the positive. For example, a person will remember losing $50 more than they will remember gaining $50.

Knowing this, we have to be proactive with our thoughts. When the negative memories come back to the movie screen of our mind, many people pull up a chair, get some popcorn and watch them all over again. No, the point is that’s not the only channel. There’s another movie playing on a channel that’s filled with your accomplishments and victories.

Instead of staying on that negative channel, you’ve got to switch over to your victory channel. You’re not going to move forward into the new things God has in store if you’re always replaying the negative things that have happened to you. Instead, learn to change the channel. Meditate on victory and move forward in the victory and blessing God has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I choose to set my focus on what You’ve done in my life. I choose to change the channel in my mind from defeat to victory. I set my thoughts on Your love and thank You for Your blessing in every area of my life in Jesus’ name! Amen.

06 Dec 2013 04:23 #886 by DrMike
Get Back Up

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For though the righteous fall seven times, they rise again...” (Proverbs 24:16, NIV)

Life is full of things that try to push us down. We all face disappointments and setbacks. Maybe you received some bad news about your health or perhaps a relationship didn’t work out. That was a setback. It’s easy to get discouraged or lose your enthusiasm or even be tempted to just settle where you are. But if we’re going to see God’s best, we have to have a “bounce-back” mentality. That means when you get knocked down, you don’t stay down. You get back up again. You have to know that every time adversity comes against you, it’s a setup for a comeback!

Remember, as a believer in Jesus, the same power that raised Christ from the dead lives on the inside of you. There is no challenge too difficult, no obstacle too high, no sickness, no disappointment, no person, nothing that can keep you from your God-given destiny. If you stay in faith, then God will turn what was meant to be a stumbling block into a stepping stone, and you’ll move forward in strength, full of faith and victory!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for setting me up for success in everything I do. I choose to trust and rely on You knowing that Your plans are for my good. I know my best days are ahead of me and look ahead to the blessings You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

09 Dec 2013 03:47 #887 by DrMike
He Increases Your Strength

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“He gives power to the faint and weary, and to him who has no might He increases strength [causing it to multiply and making it to abound].” (Isaiah 40:29, AMP)

In the Bible, Joseph went through seasons of difficulty. He was rejected by his family, sold into slavery, lied about, mistreated, abandoned, falsely accused and thrown in jail. But through it all, Joseph never gave up. He kept pressing through and doing the right thing even though the wrong thing kept happening. The Bible says in Psalm 105 verse 18 that as Joseph lay in prison in those chains of iron, his soul entered into that iron. In other words, as Joseph just kept on fighting life through, his soul became as strong as that steel. God developed a supernatural strength in him that no one could take away.

If you are going through difficulty today, God wants to increase your strength. He wants to increase your power to overcome. He wants to make your inner man as strong as steel. When you keep standing, keep believing, keep doing the right thing, you are opening yourself to God’s supernatural strength. That’s when you know you are growing in Him. Be strong today. Keep pressing forward because God is at work increasing strength in you so that you can live in victory in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, today I surrender every difficulty to You. I release the questions, hurts and frustrations. I choose to trust You and do the right thing. Increase Your strength in me so that I can live in the victory You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

10 Dec 2013 04:11 #888 by DrMike
Catch the Little Foxes

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Catch for us the foxes, the little foxes that ruin the vineyards, our vineyards that are in bloom.” (Song of Solomon 2:15, NIV)

Everyone has opportunities to get upset and be frustrated every single day. Sometimes it’s the little things — we can’t find the car keys, traffic is backed up, somebody was rude, or what should have taken an hour ends up taking four hours. Something happened and now you are frustrated and all bent out of shape. There will always be something that can sour your day, but if you are going to live in victory, you have to maintain the right approach. You can’t let the little foxes spoil the vine. In other words, don’t let the little things in life spoil the harvest God has for your future.

I’ve heard it said, “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond.” Make sure you respond to life with an attitude of faith and expectancy. Sure, things may irritate you, but don’t let that irritation last into the next moment. Let it go. Don’t try to control everything around you. Instead, release it to God knowing that His plans are for your good, and He is leading and guiding you in the path of blessing.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I choose to hold on to peace. I won’t let the little things upset me and steal my joy and peace. I choose to trust You and praise You for what You are doing today and in the future of my life in Jesus’ name! Amen.

11 Dec 2013 04:09 #889 by DrMike
Lift Your Eyes

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I will lift up my eyes to the hills — from whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.” (Psalm 121:1–2, NKJV)

What are you looking at today? Are there challenges in your life to overcome? Don’t just look at your problems day in and day out; lift up your eyes and look toward heaven. You will naturally move in the direction that your eyes are looking. If you are always looking at your problems — meditating on them, feeling sorry for yourself, telling everybody about them — you will become consumed by them. But when you look up, your life will start to move up.

When you keep your eyes on Jesus, it is also a sign of your faith and expectancy. The Bible tells us that faith is what moves the hand of God. When you have an attitude of faith and expectancy, you open the door for His power in your life. Decide today to focus on the goodness of your God. Lift your eyes and heart to Him and begin to praise Him with your words. As you lift your eyes, your help will come, and you will live the victorious life He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, today I choose to lift my eyes to You. I will look to You for my help. Thank You for showing me Your salvation and deliverance. I bless You today in Jesus’ name. Amen.

12 Dec 2013 15:34 #890 by DrMike
You Are in Control of Your Happiness

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...No one can take away your joy.” (John 16:22, NIV)

Life may not have turned out the way you planned, but you still have the power to be happy right where you are. God is the source of all joy, and when God gives you something, nothing in the world can take it away. That means other people cannot make you unhappy, no circumstance can force you to get upset. Nothing can take your joy; you have to give it away. You’re in complete control of your happiness.

Think of it this way: If somebody is rude to you, what they’re really saying is, “Give me your joy.” Somebody cuts you off in traffic, “Let me have your joy.” Somebody ignores you or leaves you out of a meeting; they’re just asking for your joy. You have a choice. You can give it to them by going around upset, frustrated and offended. Or, you can make a much better decision and say, “No thanks, I need my joy. I’m not going to get upset because you were rude and didn’t speak to me. I’m not going to be frustrated because you cut me off in traffic. I’ve already made up my mind that I’m going to live this day happy!” Instead of giving them your joy, give them mercy, grace and understanding. Give them the benefit of the doubt and keep your joy because only you are in control of your happiness!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I hold on to joy. I refuse to give it up, and I refuse to let go of my peace. Give me Your strength today as I keep my heart and mind focused on Your love in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.775 seconds