Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

13 Dec 2013 06:56 #891 by DrMike
Promotion Comes from the Lord

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For not from the east nor from the west nor from the south come promotion and lifting up. But God is the Judge! He puts down one and lifts up another.” (Psalm 75:6–7, AMP)

Have you ever noticed that people tend to act differently around those they think can do something for them — people who appear to have status, wealth or influence in life? I believe that the way we treat people is a test. At times, God will bring people across your path that may seem insignificant. They may not appear to be able to do anything for you, but in reality, they are divinely linked to your destiny. They hold the key to your promotion and increase. Will you treat them with respect and honor even if you think they can’t do anything for you?

The truth is, the people that we’re playing up to or trying to win their favor may be the ones that will open a door for us. But, they don’t hold the key to your destiny. Promotion doesn’t come from them. Promotion comes from God. And God will use the most unlikely people to open doors of opportunity for you — a hotel bellman, a maid, an intern, or an unpopular kid at school. Let’s pass the test and treat everyone like Jesus put them in our path because He probably did. Remember, God is watching and promotion comes from Him.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for promotion. Thank You for ordering my steps and leading me on the right path. Today I choose to honor and respect everyone, and in turn, I choose to honor You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Dec 2013 06:34 #892 by DrMike
Refuse to Worry

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?” (Matthew 6:27, NLT)

God doesn’t want you to live worried and anxious about anything. He knows that worry is counterproductive. It steals your peace and joy and affects every area of your life — your sleep, your health, your peace. Worry steals precious moments of time that you can never get back.

Decide today to put an end to worry in your life. Don’t feed worry by focusing on bad news all the time. Sure, we should be informed, but we should be more informed of the truth of the Word of God. Feed your faith by meditating on His Word and fill your heart and mind with God’s promises. Declare every day, “My God shall supply all of my needs. He makes a way out of no way. He is the Restorer and Redeemer.”

As you focus on God’s Word, you’ll drive out worry and fill your heart with faith and expectancy. You’ll experience His peace and joy and move forward into the blessings God has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, today I choose to put an end to worry in my life. I choose to feed my faith by studying Your promises and declaring Your Word over my life. Help me to totally trust in You today and always in Jesus’ name. Amen.

17 Dec 2013 07:06 #893 by DrMike
Prewired to Be Imitators

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” (Ephesians 5:1–2, NIV)

Have you ever spent time with a small child or baby and had them mimic your every sound or action? To them it’s a fun game, but internally, they are learning by watching and copying everything you do. They just watch and do the same thing. That’s because we are all prewired to be imitators.

Just like little children, we are all still imitators. So many people today end up imitating what they see in the world, on TV, in the news and magazines. But scripture tells us that we are to be imitators of God and follow His example of love.

If you need to change your actions today, change what you are imitating by simply changing your focus. The more you focus on the Word, the more you will imitate God. And when you do things God’s way, you will get God’s results — peace, joy and blessing all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I choose to put You first place in my life and imitate You. I set aside the things of the world and invite You to search my heart and mind. Give me Your heart of love and teach me to be an example of Your goodness in Jesus’ name. Amen.

18 Dec 2013 06:18 #894 by DrMike
Be Devoted

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.” (Romans 12:10, NIV)

Being devoted to something means you are loyal to it by giving of your time, affection and resources. What are you devoted to? Many people today are devoted to certain restaurants, television programs and even their cell phones. And there’s nothing wrong with any of that, but we have to examine our own hearts and see if we are being devoted to what God has called us to. Are you being devoted to the people God has placed in your life? Are you honoring others above yourself? The world’s system says to “look out for number one — yourself,” but God’s system says “look out for others, and I will look out for you.”

Today, as you examine your own heart and life, ask the Lord to show you ways that you can honor others. One way is by being faithful to your word. Be a person of integrity and honor. As you live your life devoted to one another, you are honoring God. And He will repay you for your kindness and reward you in this life and in eternity!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, teach me to be a person of honor. Teach me to be devoted to others in a way that honors You. Fill me with Your love which lasts throughout eternity in Jesus’ name. Amen.

19 Dec 2013 04:32 #895 by DrMike
Faith Says Thank You

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“O give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for His mercy and loving-kindness endure forever!” (1 Chronicles 16:34, AMP)

One thing I’ve noticed is that when you live with an attitude of constant gratitude, not only will you thank God for what He’s done in your life, you start thanking Him for what He will do in the future. You thank Him for opening doors for you. You thank Him for increasing you. You thank Him for bringing the right people into your life.

When we say “thank You” to God for the things that are coming, it’s really a declaration of our faith in Him. It’s saying, “God, I’m so sure of Your goodness, I’m so sure that You’re working in my life that I’m going to thank You right now for what You are going to do tomorrow.” Friend, that’s the kind of faith that pleases God. He wants us to trust in His goodness and believe that He is a Rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. He delights in seeing our faith. He delights in an attitude of gratitude.

Today, let your faith say thank you. Praise Him throughout the day with an attitude of joy and expect to see His goodness in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for another day to praise Your name. Thank You for all You have done in my life and for what You will do tomorrow. Help me to see Your hand of blessing as I continually praise Your name in Jesus’ name. Amen.

20 Dec 2013 06:52 #896 by DrMike
Victory is Always on the Way

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ...” (2 Corinthians 2:14, NKJV)

God promises to always lead us into victory. That means no matter what is going on in your life today, no matter what’s happening in the world around you, no matter what anybody says, you should always be thanking God because victory is always on the way!

You don’t have to wait for everything to be perfect before you decide to celebrate what God is going to do in your life. Praise is putting action behind your faith. In the middle of adversity or a tough time, start making a list of who you’re going to invite to your victory celebration. When things don’t look good in the natural, remember, we serve a supernatural God. Things may not turn out the way you expect, but with God leading you, you can always plan for increase. You can always plan for restoration. You can always plan for a comeback, and you can always plan for victory now and in eternity in Jesus’ name!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I give You thanks and praise today for the promise of victory. Give me Your vision for the future so that I can move confidently into the abundant life You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

23 Dec 2013 05:22 #897 by DrMike
Value Every Moment

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.” (Psalm 90:12, NIV)

Have you stopped to consider that today is a special gift from God? Sometimes, our days can be so full and busy that we forget how fragile life really is. It can be easy to allow little things to creep in and steal our peace and joy. Maybe something doesn’t go our way, or someone says something upsetting. Even traffic can cause us to lose focus if we let it. We have to remember that each day is a gift. If we choose to focus on what’s wrong, we’ll miss the blessing that each day has to offer.

I encourage you today; don’t let the precious moments of life pass you by. Don’t wait for holidays and birthdays to show people that you care. Remember, each day is unique and irreplaceable. You have been given time that can be invested or wasted; hours that can be used or misused. That’s why the psalmist prayed to God, “Teach us to number our days.” He was saying, “Teach us to value every moment we’ve been given.” As you daily keep a proper perspective, you’ll gain a heart of wisdom. You’ll draw closer to God and experience the full blessing that He has for you each and every day!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for the gift of today. I choose to focus on the blessing of each moment instead of allowing the little things to steal my joy. Keep me close to You always as I surrender every area of my heart and mind to You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

24 Dec 2013 04:30 #898 by DrMike
Unto Us

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder...” (Isaiah 9:6a, NKJ)

When Jesus came to earth, He brought with Him everything you need to live a life of victory. He came as a little baby, but He was empowered with all authority in heaven and earth. When you make Him your Lord and Savior, He gives you access to all of His resources. You have access to His peace, power, authority, provision, joy and strength. He brought all of this “unto us” when He came to earth. Unto us a child is born...unto us victory is given. Unto us peace is given. Unto us provision is given. Unto us hope and healing are given. Unto us eternal life is given!

Whatever you may have need of today, remember, when Jesus came into the world, He made a way for every one of your needs to be met spiritually, emotionally and physically. Surrender your life to Him and receive all the spiritual blessings He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus, so that I could be free to live an abundant life in You. I receive unto me everything You came to give. Fill me with Your love and show me Your ways so that I can know You more. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

25 Dec 2013 06:53 #899 by DrMike
Give Him the Gift of Worship

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And on going into the house, they saw the Child with Mary His mother, and they fell down and worshiped Him. Then opening their treasure bags, they presented to Him gifts...” (Matthew 2:11, AMP)

When the wise men first saw Jesus, they were completely overwhelmed. They fell to their knees and wanted to worship Him with everything they had. Giving was an automatic response. They wanted to lavish Him with their love and gifts because they were thankful and wanted to honor Him.

When you give to God, He doesn’t want you to do it just because it’s offering time or because you feel like you have to. In fact, the Bible says, “Do not give grudgingly or under compulsion.” God wants you to give because your heart is overflowing with thankfulness. He wants you to be happy and cheerful when you give. In fact, the Bible says, “He loves a cheerful giver.” He wants you to give out of a heart filled with honor and faith.

Think about the faithfulness of God today. Think about what He’s done for you — He saved and redeemed you. Think about the fact that He is your provider. As you meditate on His goodness, your heart will overflow with thankfulness. And just like the wise men, giving will be an automatic response!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Heavenly Father, I choose to meditate on Your goodness today. Thank You for loving and saving me. Thank You for redeeming my life from the pit. I give You everything that I am today. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

27 Dec 2013 04:34 #900 by DrMike
Exactly What You Need

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:19, NIV)

Sometimes we can feel overwhelmed by the challenges and obstacles we face. But, we have to remember that God equips for every season of life. God will not allow you to face Goliath, He will not allow a major challenge and then just give you a little favor, a little strength, a little wisdom. No, God equips you with exactly what you need to overcome every obstacle. What you have in your hand may not seem like much, but remember, David had victory with only five small stones!

Know today that you have been empowered to accomplish every dream that God has placed in your heart. Oftentimes, the reason you have a huge obstacle is because you have a huge future. You may be facing a big challenge, but you’re a big person serving a big God. Know that no matter what you face, God will meet your needs. You are equipped, you are empowered, and you are headed toward victory in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for meeting my needs according to Your riches in glory. I shake off heaviness today. I shake off worry and doubt, and I put on a garment of praise knowing that You are working things out for my good in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.971 seconds