Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

12 Feb 2014 03:52 #931 by DrMike
Calls It Like He Sees It

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...the God who gives life to the dead and calls into being things that were not.” (Romans 4:17, NIV)

Just as God calls things that are not as though they were, we should also declare what we want to see in our lives. In other words, you may have days when you don’t feel well, but don’t go around saying, “Ah, my back has been hurting me. I’m getting so old. I don’t think I’m ever going to get better.” When you speak like that, you are speaking defeat into your future. Instead, turn it around. Declare a report of victory by saying, “I may not feel up to par, but I know it’s only temporary. God is restoring health to me. I’m getting stronger, healthier and feeling younger. My best days are still up ahead.”

Remember, you’re going to get what you call in to your life. You have creative power in your words, and you are prophesying your future. Declare what God says about you — call it like He sees it. Declare that you are blessed and cannot be cursed. Declare hope, life and victory over every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for entrusting me with Your creative power. I choose to declare words of life and victory. Help me, by Your Holy Spirit, to use my words to move forward in victory the way You have planned in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Feb 2014 04:09 #932 by DrMike
Eat Your Fruit

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit.” (Proverbs 18:21, NASB)

Did you know that your words produce fruit in your life that you will partake of in the future? If you aren’t where you want to be in life today, could it be because of the words you’ve spoken in the past? Have you said things like, “I’ll never rise any higher; I’ve gone as far as I can go?” Or maybe you’ve said, “I’ll never break this addiction. I’ve had it too long. It’s too hard.” And now you are eating the fruit of your words. You’re still in the same place.

If you are ready to change your situation, then it’s time to change what you are saying about your situation. If you want a different harvest in your life, you have to change the seeds you are sowing. Start sowing words of faith and victory. Let your attitude be, “This may be the way it’s been in the past, but this is not the way it’s staying. I’m coming up higher. I may feel weak, but my declaration is that “I am strong.” When you sow seeds of life, you will reap life and move forward into the victory the Lord has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I uproot any bad seeds I have sown by repenting and acknowledging You. I ask that You destroy any negative crop in my life. I choose to speak words of faith and life so that I can partake of the fruit of victory You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

14 Feb 2014 04:20 #933 by DrMike
Esteeming One Another

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And walk in love, [esteeming and delighting in one another] as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us...” (Ephesians 5:2, AMP)

We don’t often hear the world esteem very much in our culture, but the Bible tells us to esteem and delight in one another. One definition of esteem is to hold in high regard. That means we are to honor and value one another and hold them in high regard, even if you don’t always agree with them. Sometimes people think, “That person doesn’t act honorably, so why should I honor them?” But the truth is, we are to honor and esteem people because they are valuable in the eyes of God.

If you had a very costly and valuable piece of jewelry, you wouldn’t just wear it to the gym or leave it on the kitchen sink. No, you would treat it carefully. You would put it in a safe place and protect it. It’s the same way with people. When we see others as valuable the way God sees them, we treat them carefully. We speak respectfully. We look for the good in others and honor them for who God made them to be. This holiday season, choose to esteem and delight in one another. Sow good seeds into your relationships and see a harvest of blessing in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, today I choose love. I choose to honor the people around me. Help me to see value in others. Help my actions and words to esteem and delight in them so that I can be an example of Your love and light in Jesus’ name. Amen.

17 Feb 2014 04:21 #934 by DrMike
The End of Your Drought

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“You, O God, sent a plentiful rain...” (Psalm 68:9, NKJV)

Every person goes through times of drought, or dry seasons, when we don’t see the changes we hoped for. We’ve got big dreams, we’re standing on God’s promises, but things stay the same. It’s dry and barren. Maybe you are blessed in one area and in a drought in another. It’s easy to think, “This is the way it’s always going to be. I’ll always have this struggle.” No, in 2014 that drought is coming to an end. Any area of brokenness, dryness, loneliness, every empty place, if you will stay in faith, God is going to rain down favor, healing, and restoration.

We declare that this year, you are going to see an abundance of rain! Every drought is only temporary. That dry season is not going to last forever. Struggle and lack is not your destiny. It’s temporary. Rain is headed your way! Declare it by faith, “Father, thank You that the drought is ending and the rain is coming; and in 2014, I will see an abundance of Your goodness in my life!”

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your refreshing rain on the dry places in my life. Thank You for raining down provision, blessing, hope, wisdom, joy and peace. Give me strength to stand strong in You as Your plan unfolds for my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

18 Feb 2014 04:03 #935 by DrMike
A Rainstorm is Coming

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Then Elijah said to Ahab, ‘Go get something to eat and drink, for I hear a mighty rainstorm coming!’ ” (1 Kings 18:41, NLT)

In First Kings 18, the Samaritans had been in a great famine. For three and a half years, there had been no rain. The prophet Elijah showed up and said to King Ahab, “I hear the sound of the abundance of rain.” When he said that, there wasn’t a cloud in the sky, yet he chose to believe what he heard in his spirit in spite of what he saw in the natural. With his eyes, he saw drought, famine and barrenness; but inside, he heard the sound of the abundance of rain.

Friend, this is what faith is all about. You’ve got to believe what you hear in your heart even when you see just the opposite. God is saying, “There’s about to be an abundance of favor in your life. The drought is coming to an end. You’re going to see healing, restoration, new opportunities, new growth.”

Soon after, that rainstorm came. And just like Elijah, you have to believe that your rainstorm of blessing is right around the corner. No matter what anyone says, no matter what happens, keep believing and keep declaring because soon you will hear the sound of rain!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for the blessing and victory You have in store for my future. Thank You for allowing me to see and hear in my heart the good things You have planned. I choose to keep my eyes on You and declare Your blessing over my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

19 Feb 2014 04:26 #936 by DrMike
Look Again

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“ ‘Go and look toward the sea,’ he told his servant. And he went up and looked. ‘There is nothing there,’ he said. Seven times Elijah said, ‘Go back.’ The seventh time the servant reported, ‘A cloud as small as a man’s hand is rising from the sea...’ ” (1 Kings 18:43–44, NIV)

The Bible says that after the prophet Elijah prayed and asked God to end the drought, he said to the people, “I can hear the sound of an abundance of rain.” He was saying in effect, “There is a yes from God in our future!”

Elijah told his assistant to go look on the other side of the mountain to see if there was any sign of rain. When the assistant came back, he said, “No, Elijah. There’s not a cloud in the sky. It’s perfectly clear.” Elijah didn’t get discouraged and think, “What are we going to do now? I might as well quit this prophet business.” No, he simply said, “Go back and look again.”

This happened six different times, but Elijah kept saying, “Go look again.” On the seventh time, the servant came back and said, “Elijah, I saw a small cloud in the sky. It isn’t much, just the size of a man’s hand.” Elijah’s answer was basically, “You’d better get your umbrella. Rain is coming!”

Friend, like Elijah, maybe you are believing for something, and you aren’t seeing anything happen. Don’t give up, go look again! If God has promised it, He will do it. It won’t be long until you see His showers of blessing pouring down on every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your faithfulness. I believe that You are working behind the scenes even when I can’t see it. I choose to keep believing. I choose to look again until I see every promise fulfilled in Jesus’ name. Amen.

20 Feb 2014 06:04 #937 by DrMike
Through Faith and Patience

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.” (Hebrews 6:12, NIV)

In our culture today, people are used to getting things right away. Some people say that we live in a “microwave” society. In other words, we’ve been programmed for immediacy. People don’t like to wait. But the scripture says, “It’s through faith and patience that we inherit God’s promises.”

Sometimes, it’s easy for people to start out in faith. We declare, “God, I believe I’m going to accomplish my dreams. God, I believe I’m going to overcome this obstacle.” But, it gets harder when we have to walk in patience. When you pray, can you say, “God, I not only believe for big things but I trust Your timing? God, I’m not going to get discouraged if it doesn’t happen immediately. I’m not going to give up because it’s taken a week, a month or five years. I know the set time is already in my future, so I’m going to wait with faith and patience because I know that it’s on the way.”

Remember, through faith and patience we inherit His promises. Trust His Word, trust His timing, and trust that your answer is on its way!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I declare that I trust You. I trust Your faithfulness. I trust Your goodness. I know that You are working things out in my favor and in Your timing. I declare that through faith and patience, I will inherit every promise You have for me in Jesus’ name! Amen.

21 Feb 2014 06:40 #938 by DrMike
I Can

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” (Matthew 19:26, NKJV)

When was the last time you declared out loud “I can”? It’s not something people think to do every day. In fact, most people tend to magnify their limitations. They focus on their shortcomings. But scripture makes it plain: all things are possible to those who believe. That’s right! It is possible to see your dreams fulfilled. It is possible to overcome that obstacle. It is possible to climb to new heights. It is possible to embrace your destiny. You may not know how it will all take place. You may not have a plan, but all you have to know is that if God said that you can...you can!

Today, why don’t you begin to open yourself up to the possibility in your future by simply declaring this verse, “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength?” At the stoplight, when you’re waiting in line, anytime you have a second, just quote this verse to yourself again. Let it sink down deeply into your heart. As you do, His word will transform you. Faith will rise up in your heart and will boldly embrace the blessings that He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for empowering me by Your spirit to do everything that I’m called to do. Thank You for Your hand of blessing upon me as I submit my ways to You. I declare: I can do all things in Jesus’ name! Amen.

24 Feb 2014 04:51 #939 by DrMike
Don’t Put it Off

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I made haste, and did not delay to keep Your commandments.” (Psalm 119:60, NKJV)

Isn’t it interesting how easy it is to put things off? We plan on doing something. We have good intentions. We want to do it, but we just think we’ll get to it later. “One day I’m going to start exercising. One day I’m going to get my finances in order. One day I’m going to forgive that person who hurt me.” The problem with this kind of thinking is that “one day” never comes. There will always be some reason to keep delaying it.

Is there something in your heart that you know you need to do? Maybe God has been dealing with you, and you keep putting it off. You think, “As soon as I get through this busy season, then I’ll spend more time with my family. As soon as the price of gas goes down, then I’ll start tithing my income. As soon as my child gets out of diapers, then I’m going to get my family back in church.” The problem is that good intentions don’t equal obedience. The quicker you do what you feel down in your spirit, the happier you’re going to be. Don’t let unfinished business keep you from God’s best. Step out. Obey His voice and walk in the blessing He has for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your patience and grace toward me. Search my heart. Lead me in Your ways. I choose to obey Your voice quickly and honor You in all that I do in Jesus’ name. Amen.

25 Feb 2014 06:18 #940 by DrMike
The Season of Grace

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For the turning away of the simple will slay them, and the complacency of fools will destroy them.” (Proverbs 1:32, NKJV)

God will never ask you to do something without giving you the ability to do it. But when we’re passive or complacent and think, “Yes, I know I need to do that. Maybe next week,” well, next week turns into next month. Next month turns into next year. When we put off what God has told us to do, we miss that season of grace. But if you’ll deal with things as soon as God brings them to light, you’ll have a special grace, a special empowerment. You’ll feel God’s enabling power helping you to do it.

Today, is there something you’ve been putting off? Something you know in your heart that you are supposed to do? Don’t let the season of grace pass. Don’t let complacency destroy you. Your destiny stands before you. God has something amazing in your future. Be bold; be strong. Step out in faith, be obedient and walk in the abundant rain of His blessing!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for the grace to do exactly what You’ve called me to do. I choose to step out in faith; I choose to follow Your commands. I choose to be faithful because I know that You are faithful. I love You and bless You always in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.997 seconds