Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

31 Mar 2014 04:32 #961 by DrMike
Your Cup Runs Over

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.” (Psalm 23:5 NIV)

God’s dream for your life is that you would be blessed in such a way that you could be a blessing to others. David said, “My cup runs over.” God is an overflow God. But here’s the key: you can’t go around thinking thoughts of lack, not enough, or struggle and expect to have abundance. If you’ve been under pressure for a long time and have difficulty making ends meet, it’s easy to develop a limited mindset. “I’ll never get out of this neighborhood.” Or, “I’ll never have enough to send my kids to college.” No, that may be where you are now, but that’s not where you have to stay. God is called El Shaddai, the God of More than Enough! Not the God of Barely Enough. Not the God of Just Help Me Make it Through. No, He’s the God of Overflow!

Today, no matter what you may be experiencing, stir yourself up in faith and declare who God is in your life. Declare that He is well able; declare that He is more than enough! Declare that your cup runs over with the blessing and victory He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your grace, favor and mercy to me. I know that You are preparing a place of blessing for me. I know that my cup runs over, and as I press into You, I will walk in Your blessing in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at . if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at .

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Apr 2014 03:55 #962 by DrMike
A Year of Abundance

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

" 'For I know the plans I have for you,' says the Lord. 'They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.' " (Jeremiah 29:11, NLT)

What are you planning for this year? Are you planning this year according to the news reports, or are you planning this year according to the Word of God? It's good to be informed about what's happening in the world, but remember, God is not limited by what we see in the natural. You may be planning to have an ordinary year, but God is planning for you to have an extraordinary year. You may be planning on just barely getting by, but God is planning on a year of abundance for you.

God wants to do supernatural things in your life this year! He wants you to be an example of His goodness. Start declaring that this year is going to be your best year yet. Start declaring that this is the year you will see your dreams come to pass. Start declaring that this year will be your year of abundance!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for the good plan You have for me. I trust that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf. I lift up my eyes from the natural realm into the spiritual realm. Help me see the blessing and abundance You have in store for me in Jesus' name. Amen.

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at . if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at .

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

02 Apr 2014 04:09 #963 by DrMike
His Plan Will Stand

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“There are many plans in a man’s heart, nevertheless the LORD’s counsel — that will stand.” (Proverbs 19:21, NKJV)

God is strategic. He has laid out an exact plan for our lives right down to the smallest details. He knows the people you need to meet in order to fulfill your destiny. He knows who is going to give you a good break and who is going to put in a good word for you. He knows when someone is going to need to be there to help you out of a difficult time. God has it all figured out. He is not vague or approximate. He is orchestrating your life right down to the very second, causing you to be at the right place at the right time so you can meet the right people that He has ordained before the foundation of the world.

You probably can look over your life and see how, time after time, God directed your steps to the exact moment. If you had been ten seconds earlier or ten seconds later, things would have played out differently. That’s God orchestrating His plan. That’s God ordering your steps. All you have to do is stay faithful to Him and follow His leading because in the end, His plan will stand!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for orchestrating my life. I trust that my times are in Your hands. I trust that You are working things out for my good as I keep my faith and hope in You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

03 Apr 2014 06:49 #964 by DrMike
A Divine Shift

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The Lord makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him.” (Psalm 37:23, NIV)

I have a friend who never really liked his supervisor. Nobody at the company did. This supervisor was very hard to get along with and condescending. He had been a source of frustration year after year. It looked like he could be at the company for 20 or 30 years. My friend has a good attitude, but deep down he thought, “This is going to be a pain to put up with this guy.” One morning he got to work and the management had called a staff meeting. They told how this supervisor’s wife got transferred to another state, and he had just resigned and was no longer with the company. What happened? A divine shift. Suddenly, God changed things.

Today, you don’t have to worry about the people who are trying to hold you back. God knows how to move the wrong people out of your life and bring the right people in. He knows how to get you to where you’re supposed to be. Trust Him; trust His timing because a divine shift is coming your way!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for making my steps firm. Thank You for shifting things in my favor. I trust that You are ordering my steps and leading me into the good life You have prearranged for me in Jesus’ name! Amen.

04 Apr 2014 04:01 #965 by DrMike
Moving to a New Land

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And I will bring you to the land I swore with uplifted hand to give to Abraham...” (Exodus 6:8, NIV)

In Scripture, the Israelites had been in slavery for many years. That was the land of “Barely Enough.” They were just enduring, surviving, barely making it through. One day God brought them out of slavery and took them into the desert. That was the land of “Just Enough.” Their needs were supplied but nothing extra. It says their clothes didn’t wear out for 40 years. They were probably grateful, but who really wants to wear the same clothes for 40 years?

Well, God eventually took them into the Promised Land. This was the land of “More Than Enough.” The food and supplies were plenteous. The bundles of grapes were so large that two grown men had to carry them. It’s called, “the land flowing with milk and honey.” “Flowing” means it didn’t stop. It never ran out. It continued to have abundance. That’s where God is taking you.

Now, you may be in the land of “Barely Enough” right now. You don’t know how you’re going to make it through next week. Don’t worry. God hasn’t forgotten about you. He’s leading you to a new land. Just keep following His leading and move forward into the abundance He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for taking me into a new land. Thank You for provision, increase, blessing and abundance. I choose a grateful attitude. I choose to follow Your leading. Keep me close to You so that I can experience everything You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

07 Apr 2014 04:04 #966 by DrMike
Shift into High Gear

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay.” (Habakkuk 2:3, NIV)

We’re living in a day where God is speeding things up. What should have taken you a lifetime to accomplish, God is going to do in a fraction of the time because you honor Him. God is going to give you breaks that you didn’t deserve. He is going to bring the right people across your path. You’re going to see opportunity like you’ve never seen before. You need to get ready; you’ve come into a shift!

Think of it like a car. When you shift from second gear to fourth gear, the engine is still running at the same speed. It’s not working any harder, but you’re going faster. You’re covering more ground. The higher gears have greater capacity. They’re designed to go faster. In the same way, because you’ve kept God first place, He is shifting you to a higher gear. You’re going to go further, faster not because you’re working harder trying to make it all happen, but because it’s your time for acceleration!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your hand upon my life. I trust that You are working behind the scenes as I honor You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

08 Apr 2014 04:16 #967 by DrMike
Don’t Be Intimidated

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Don’t be intimidated in any way by your enemies...” (Philippians 1:28, NLT)

With God on your side, there is no reason to be intimidated by your enemies. You don’t have to be intimidated by cancer. It’s no match for your God. Sickness cannot keep you from your destiny. God has you in the palm of His hand. Nothing can snatch you away. If it’s not your time to go, you’re not going to go. Don’t be intimidated by that financial problem. Don’t be intimidated by what somebody said about you. There is an anointing on your life that seals you, protects you, enables you and empowers you. God has infused you with strength. The Scripture says that you can do all things through Christ.

Today, go out with confidence. Go out with boldness knowing that if God is for you, it doesn’t even matter who is against you! No foe can stand against the power of Almighty God. You are empowered and equipped for victory, so don’t be intimidated!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for empowering me to live in victory no matter what I may be facing. I trust that no matter what comes my way, I am safe in the palm of Your hand. I won’t be intimidated by anything in Jesus’ name! Amen!

09 Apr 2014 03:28 #968 by DrMike
You Won’t Get Stuck!

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“It shall come to pass in that day that his burden will be taken away from your shoulder, and his yoke from your neck, and the yoke will be destroyed because of the anointing oil.” (Isaiah 10:27, NKJV)

I read something interesting about a spider. We’ve all seen how a spider spins a web in order to catch an insect. That web is filled with a sticky substance so that when an insect comes in contact with it, it not only gets tangled in the web, but it actually gets stuck. Have you ever thought about how the spider that’s spinning the web can walk across it and not get stuck? It seems like he would get trapped in his own web. But God made the spider so that its body releases a special oil that flows down to its legs. That way, it can just slide across the web. You could say the spider doesn’t get stuck because of the anointing that’s on its life!
In the same way, God has put an anointing on your life. It’s like oil that causes things not to stick. When you walk in His anointing, the things that should bring you down won’t be able to. Bitterness won’t be able to stick to you. Envy and strife will slide right off of you. The traps of the enemy won’t even faze you! You are protected, and you won’t get stuck because you are covered in Him!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your anointing that covers me and destroys every yoke of bondage off of my life. You are my protector; You are my Provider, and I bless and praise You for Your faithfulness all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen!

10 Apr 2014 04:12 #969 by DrMike
Moving to a New Land

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And I will bring you to the land I swore with uplifted hand to give to Abraham...” (Exodus 6:8, NIV)

In Scripture, the Israelites had been in slavery for many years. That was the land of “Barely Enough.” They were just enduring, surviving, barely making it through. One day God brought them out of slavery and took them into the desert. That was the land of “Just Enough.” Their needs were supplied but nothing extra. It says their clothes didn’t wear out for 40 years. They were probably grateful, but who really wants to wear the same clothes for 40 years?
Well, God eventually took them into the Promised Land. This was the land of “More Than Enough.” The food and supplies were plenteous. The bundles of grapes were so large that two grown men had to carry them. It’s called, “the land flowing with milk and honey.” “Flowing” means it didn’t stop. It never ran out. It continued to have abundance. That’s where God is taking you.
Now, you may be in the land of “Barely Enough” right now. You don’t know how you’re going to make it through next week. Don’t worry. God hasn’t forgotten about you. He’s leading you to a new land. Just keep following His leading and move forward into the abundance He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for taking me into a new land. Thank You for provision, increase, blessing and abundance. I choose a grateful attitude. I choose to follow Your leading. Keep me close to You so that I can experience everything You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

11 Apr 2014 04:10 #970 by DrMike
Just Passing Through

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.” (Psalm 23:3, NIV)

Are you in the land of “Just Enough?” Your needs are supplied. You’re grateful, but there’s nothing extra, nothing to accomplish your dreams. God is saying, “I did not breathe My life into you to live in the land of Barely Enough. I didn’t create you to live in the land of Just Enough.” Those are seasons. Those are tests. They are not permanent. Don’t put your stakes down. You are just passing through! It is only temporary. God has a Promised Land for you. He has a place of abundance, of more than enough where it’s flowing with provision. Not just one time, but continual increase, a land flowing with plenty!

Now if you’re in the land of “Barely Enough,” don’t you dare settle there. That is where you are; it is not who you are. That is your location. That is not your identity. You are a child of the Most High God. No matter what it looks like, you have this abundant mentality. Keep reminding yourself, “God takes pleasure in prospering me. I am the head and never the tail, and God is leading me in the path of blessing in every area of my life!”

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for leading along the right paths for my life. I trust that Your ways lead me to the land of abundance. I thank You for provision today and for abundance tomorrow in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.415 seconds