Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

29 Apr 2014 04:32 #981 by DrMike
You are Closer than You Think

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...He said to the paralytic, ‘I say to you, arise, take up your bed, and go to your house.’ Immediately he arose, took up the bed, and went out in the presence of them all, so that all were amazed and glorified God, saying, ‘We never saw anything like this!’ ” (Mark 2:10–12, NKJV)

In Mark chapter two, the Bible talks about a man who was paralyzed. He heard that Jesus was in town teaching at another house, and the man knew that Jesus could heal him. The paralyzed man convinced four of his friends to carry him on his bed to where Jesus was. When they arrived, the house was so packed that they couldn’t get in. Instead of just giving up and going home, the man was so determined that he convinced his friends to climb up on the roof, cut a hole in it, and lower him down right in front of Jesus!

Now this man understood that you are closest to your victory when you face the greatest opposition. A lot of people would have seen the crowd and gone home — even though they were just a few feet away from their miracle. Don’t let that be you! What are you believing for? Don’t give up just because there is opposition. Don’t let others discourage you from seeing your miracle. Keep pressing through because today you are closer than you think to the victory God has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I release all of my cares and anxieties on You. I trust that my breakthrough is coming. I choose to press in and not give up until I see my miracle in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at . if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at .

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Apr 2014 04:06 #982 by DrMike
The Same Spirit

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And if the Spirit of Him Who raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you, [then] He Who raised up Christ Jesus from the dead will also restore to life your mortal (short-lived, perishable) bodies through His Spirit Who dwells in you.” (Romans 8:11, AMP)

When you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior, the Bible tells us that the Holy Spirit makes His home inside of you. That’s the same Spirit and the same power that raised Jesus from the dead. That resurrection power can bring back health, strength and life to your physical body, and it can bring back life to your hopes and dreams. In fact, it can bring life to any area that may seem dormant on the inside of you!

The next time you feel overwhelmed by sickness, challenges or despair, remember, as a believer in Jesus, the same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead dwells in you! You may have been burdened by an addiction, fear, worry or sickness, but there’s nothing that can stand against the power of God! Rise up and declare by faith, “He whom the Son sets free is free indeed. I am restored and healed because the same spirit that raised Christ from the dead dwells in me!”

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for filling me with Your Holy Spirit. I receive Your strength. I receive Your power. I believe Your Word and trust that You are leading me forward into victory in Jesus’ name! Amen.

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at . if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at .

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

01 May 2014 06:09 #983 by DrMike
Born into Privilege

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Beloved, we are God’s children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared...” (1 John 3:2, ESV)

What if you had been born to the Rockefeller family? You’d expect to have some advantages, wouldn’t you? If you were born into the Kennedy family or the Bill Gates family, you’d probably get preferential treatment. You’d expect things that other people may not expect.

The good news today is that when you receive Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior, you are born again into a blessed family! You come from a royal bloodline. Your Father owns everything. He has special connections. Now you need to hold your head up high and start expecting to stand out from the crowd. Start expecting good breaks, divine connections and opportunities to come your way. You have favor because of who your Father is. You are born into privilege, so expect His abundant favor on your life today!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for receiving me into Your family. Thank You for pouring out Your abundant blessing on me. I love You and bless You because You are good and Your mercy endures forever in Jesus’ name. Amen.

02 May 2014 04:25 #984 by DrMike
Peace with Your Enemies

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“When a man’s ways please the Lord, he makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.” (Proverbs 16:7, ESV)

What does it mean to please the Lord? In the book of Hebrews, it says that faith pleases God. Faith is simply believing that God is who He says He is and that He rewards those who seek after Him. The Bible also tells us that faith without works is dead. In other words, our faith is expressed through our actions. For example, when you go to sit down in your favorite chair, you don’t stop and wonder if it’s going to hold you up. No, you have faith in that chair because you’ve sat in it hundreds of times. If you didn’t have faith that the chair would hold you, you wouldn’t sit down. Your actions are affected by your faith. In the same way, when we have faith in God, we follow His commands. We don’t wonder; we don’t wait. We just obey Him.

Today, know that you please Him when you seek Him by faith. You please Him when you read His Word. You please Him when you follow His commands. And, when you please Him, He makes even your enemies be at peace with you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, my greatest desire is to please You in all things. Fill me with Your faith as I study and obey Your Word. Help me to stay close to You always and thank You for giving me Your peace in Jesus’ name. Amen.

05 May 2014 04:09 #985 by DrMike
Follow Peace

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace...” (Isaiah 55:12, NIV)

God knows what’s best for you. He knows what you need and when you need it. He knows how to put you at the right place at the right time. He knows where the danger is and where the good breaks are. You have to learn to trust that inner peace, that inner prompting that leads you.

Even if the odds are against you, if you feel good about it in your heart, move forward. On the other hand, if there is unrest or uneasiness, if you don’t have peace, then wait. Don’t ignore the promptings, the impressions, the knowings. That’s God talking to you.

Always remember, God wants to help you in your everyday life, not just in the big decisions, but even in the small things. He wants to pour out His favor on you and release your frustrations. If you will be sensitive to His leading, if you will follow His peace, He will lead you into the blessing and victory He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for peace. Thank You for leading me forth in joy and victory. I choose to listen to You. I choose to tune in to You. I choose to trust You knowing that You have a good plan for every area of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

06 May 2014 03:58 #986 by DrMike
Are You Listening

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts...” (Hebrews 3:15, NIV)

In 1999, I had a friend who was eating dinner at his house one evening. His father called and asked him if I would speak for him that Sunday at his church. In his 36 years, he had never ministered one time before. He didn’t have any desire to be in front of people. He liked being behind the scenes. He said, “I’m sorry, Dad. That’s just not who I am. I’m not a minister.” He laughed and said, “Well, that’s fine, son. At least, I wanted to ask you.”

When he sat back down to finish eating his dinner, something said so strongly, “ you need to do it.” It wasn’t out loud. It was just an impression, a knowing. He Couldn't explain it. It didn’t make sense to his mind. Every voice of reasoning said, “Don’t do it,” but he couldn’t get away from it. He called his father back and said that he had changed my mind and preached for him that next Sunday. What he didn’t realize is that would be the last Sunday of his father’s life.

Friend, when you feel the inner prompting of the Holy Spirit, don’t harden your heart. Don’t ignore it. Listen and respond. He knows the future and has your best in mind. Trust Him and listen to His leading!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for leading and guiding me. I choose to tune in to You. Help me to hear Your voice, to know You and follow You all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

07 May 2014 04:02 #987 by DrMike
Take Time to Listen to God

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And the Lord utters His voice before His army, for His host is very great, and [they are] strong and powerful who execute [God's] word...” (Joel 2:11, AMP)

God teaches us to hear His voice little by little. It can be something as simple as being at the mall and not feeling good about a purchase you’re about to make. No big deal. You put it back. At the office, you feel an unrest around a certain person. You just back away. At home, you feel a prompting to spend time with your child. At night you hear a suggestion, “Turn off the TV. Go to bed. You need your rest.” You turn it off.

Pay attention to what you’re feeling. Those are all little ways that the Holy Spirit guides us. Don’t ignore the impressions, the promptings. God speaks to us in a Still, Small Voice. He is not going to boom out lightening to get your attention. He is not going to flash it across your TV screen. When God speaks, it’s usually subtle.

Remember, if you’re going to hear a whisper, you’ve got to get close. You’ve got to be tuned in. You’re not going to hear Him by accident with the busyness of the day, the stress of the office, running here and there. You have to ask yourself, “What am I feeling? What am I sensing?” You have to take time to get quiet and listen to God.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for teaching me to hear Your voice. I choose right now to be still and lean into You. I pray that You will make Your voice clear to my heart. Thank You for leading and guiding me as I listen to You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

08 May 2014 04:28 #988 by DrMike
Ask to Hear Him Better

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I will listen to what God the Lord says...” (Psalm 85:8, NIV)

Oftentimes, people think they can’t hear from God. They think He doesn’t talk to them. But really, it isn’t that God isn’t speaking; it’s not that He isn’t giving us direction. The problem is that we’re not always paying attention.

Learning to hear the voice of God is the most important skill you could ever develop. The more you pay attention to Him and the inner promptings and impressions of the Holy Spirit, the more you will know Him and see His goodness and protection in your life. How would your life be different if every morning you would wake up and pray, “God, help my spiritual ears to be open and sensitive to Your voice. God, help me to hear what You’re saying today”?

Today, know that God wants to give you wisdom, direction, protection and guidance that will save you heartache and make your life easier. He wants to give you breaks that will put you years ahead. If you’ll ask to hear Him better and learn to be still and listen, you’ll experience God’s hand of blessing and His direction in every area of your life.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for continually speaking to my heart. Help me to hear You better. Help my spiritual ears to be open and sensitive to Your voice. God, help me to hear what You are saying today and every day of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

09 May 2014 09:04 #989 by DrMike
Don’t Override the Alarms

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The Lord will keep you from all harm — he will watch over your life.” (Psalm 121:7, NIV)

Do you ever feel an inner “alarm” going off when you know you shouldn’t be doing something? As soon as we feel that uneasiness, we need to stop and evaluate what’s going on. Too often, people override that feeling thinking they’ll sort it out later, but then they have to deal with things that God could have saved them from. The time to respond is the time when you sense the alarm. You may be in the middle of a conversation and the alarm goes off. You know you’re supposed to walk away. Don’t ignore it. Or, you’re about to purchase something. You’re about to make some plans and you feel that check, that uneasiness, that alarm. That’s not random. That’s God talking to you. Pull back and see what God is saying.

If you will learn to listen, God can keep you from trouble. He can keep you from danger. Don’t ignore it and make life more difficult; instead, quickly obey. Follow His leading. Don’t override the alarms so you can partake of the blessing, favor and protection that God has prepared for you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your promise of protection and provision. I am Your sheep. I hear Your voice, and the voice of a stranger I will not follow. Teach me to trust You and follow Your leading all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

12 May 2014 04:26 #990 by DrMike
The Highest Power

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“You alone are the Lord. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you.” (Nehemiah 9:6, NIV)

So many people today are looking for answers. They are looking for direction and tuning in to different voices around them. They think the universe is going to direct them or the stars will lead them. But, why would you turn to the stars for your answers when you can turn to the one who made the stars?

God didn’t just put you on the Earth and say, “Good luck. You’re on your own. I hope you make it.” No, He created us for fellowship with Him. He created us for relationship. He wants us to choose Him over anything else this world has to offer.

Today, don’t settle for second best. Don’t just look to a higher power; look to the Highest Power. Look to God, the Creator of the universe. He is good and has a good plan for your life. If you’ve never turned to God, call on Him today. Ask Him to reveal Himself to You. Ask Him to show you His ways so that you can walk with Him and know Him all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I acknowledge that You alone are God. You are the highest authority among heaven and earth. Show me Your ways. Show me Your love. Help me to hear Your voice so that I can walk with You in peace and freedom in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.609 seconds