Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

14 Mar 2014 04:25 #951 by DrMike
Your Future isn’t Defined by Your Past

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...If God is for us, who can be against us?” (Romans 8:31, NIV)

I heard somebody say, “Don’t let your heredity stop your destiny.” In other words, don’t let the way somebody treated you, or what they did or didn’t give you keep you from pressing forward and becoming all that God has created you to be.

The people who raised you may have had addictions, but that doesn’t have to be your future. You can be the one to break that negative cycle. Your parents may have had anger issues or never amounted to much, but you don’t have to keep letting that curse be passed from generation to generation. You can be the one to say, “No more. This is a new day! I may have had an unfair past, but I’m not going to have an unfair future. I know God put a blessing on me before anybody could put a curse, and I’m not going to let my heredity stop my destiny.”

Today, know that God is for you! Seek Him with a humble heart and break free from the bondages of the past. When you choose to put Him first in your life, then nothing can stop your destiny!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for empowering me by Your Holy Spirit. Thank You for giving me new life. I choose to let go of the past. I won’t let it define me, but I will let Your truth define me and lead me into victory in Jesus’ name! Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Mar 2014 04:01 #952 by DrMike
What God Calls You

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And the angel of the Lord appeared to him and said to him, ‘The LORD is with you, O mighty man of valor.’ ” (Judges 6:12, ESV)

In Scripture, God called Gideon a mighty man of fearless courage. Now Gideon looked around and said, “God couldn’t be talking about me. I come from the poorest family. I’m the least one in my Father’s house.” Gideon saw himself as weak, defeated and not able. But God saw him as strong, confident and more than a conqueror.

The question is: Are we going to believe what God says about us? Or are we going to believe what we feel, what we think, what the circumstances look like? You may feel weak today, but God calls you strong. You may feel like a victim, but God calls you a victor. You may be afraid, but God calls you confident. You may be in debt, but God calls you prosperous. You may be sick, but God calls you well. You may be addicted, but God calls you free. You may feel inadequate, but God calls you well able.

Today, get into agreement with God. No matter what the circumstances look like, you’ve got to dig your heels in and say, “God, I agree with what You call me. I’m free, forgiven and healed in Jesus’ name!”

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for loving me and calling me Your own. I choose to receive Your Word which is life, health and strength to me. Fill me with Your peace and wisdom and help me see myself the way You see me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

19 Mar 2014 04:07 #953 by DrMike
Who’s Your Daddy?

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, ‘Abba, Father.’ ” (Romans 8:15, NIV)

There used to be a billboard that asked the question, “Who’s the father?” It was advertising DNA testing. They can take a child’s DNA and test another person’s DNA to see if it matches in order to scientifically prove if two people are related. Out of the billions of people on earth, the chances of your DNA matching someone that’s not your family is so small that it’s inconceivable.

When you gave your life to Christ, the Scripture talks about how you became a new creation. You were born into a new family. You entered into a new bloodline. Now imagine that somehow we could do spiritual DNA testing. They took a sample DNA from your Heavenly Father and then a sample DNA from you. They ran all the tests. The good news is, it would come back a perfect match. Proven beyond all doubt that you are His child! You have His DNA. You come from a royal blood line.

Now don’t you dare go around thinking that you’re average. “I could never accomplish my dreams.” “I’ll never get out of debt.” Are you kidding? Do you know who your Father is? You have His DNA. He created worlds. There’s nothing too much for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for choosing me and making me Your own. Thank You for adopting me into Your family. Help me to truly understand what it means to be an heir of Your Kingdom in Jesus’ name. Amen.

20 Mar 2014 07:51 #954 by DrMike
Your Spiritual DNA

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.” (Romans 8:14, NIV)

Have you ever really considered your spiritual DNA? Your Heavenly Father spoke worlds into existence. He flung stars into space. He painted every sunrise. He designed every flower. He made man out of dust and breathed life into him. Now here’s the key: He is not just the Creator of the universe. He is not just the all-powerful God. He is your Heavenly Father. You have His DNA. Imagine what you can do!

When you realize who you are, you won’t go around intimidated and insecure, thinking, “I’m lacking. I’m not that talented. I come from the wrong family.” No, you come from the right family. Your Father created it all. When you know who you are, it changes your thinking from, “I’m unlucky. I never get any good breaks” to “I have the favor of God. Blessings are chasing me down.” When you know who you are, you’ll start thinking like a winner, talking like a winner, carrying yourself like a winner, and soon, you’ll start living like a winner, too! Remember, you have the DNA of God, and that’s enough to overcome every obstacle in Jesus’ name!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your love for me. Thank You for adopting me into Your family and transforming my spiritual makeup. I know that I am empowered in You and through You and give You all the glory in Jesus’ name! Amen.

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at . if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at .

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

21 Mar 2014 04:50 #955 by DrMike
Your Heavenly Heritage

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.” (Ezekiel 36:26, NIV)

In life, we all have negative things that happen to us. We go through situations that are unfair. I know people who were raised in an unhealthy environment. Their parents had issues, and now it’s making life much more difficult on them.

But here is the truth: when you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, He gives you a new heart. In other words, your bloodline changes. No longer are you subject to your earthly heritage; you become subject to your heavenly heritage! His spiritual blessing always overrides the curse in the natural realm. When you understand who you are and what God has already done, then no matter what someone else did, no matter how unfair it was, no matter how you were raised, you won’t get bitter. You won’t live with a chip on your shoulder. You realize that nothing can stop you from fulfilling your God-given destiny!

Today, remember you came from Almighty God. He gave you life. When you choose Him, you are choosing your heavenly heritage of blessing and eternal, abundant life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God in heaven, thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus so that I may be saved. Today I surrender every area of my life to You. Have Your way in me; let Your will be done in my life. Thank You for making me new in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at . if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at .

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

24 Mar 2014 04:06 #956 by DrMike
Created for Greatness

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” (Ephesians 2:10, NIV)

It’s easy to go through life thinking that we’re average; we’re ordinary. “There’s nothing special about me. I’m just one of the six billion people on earth.” No, when God created you, He put a part of Himself in you. You could say that you have the DNA of Almighty God. You are destined to do great things, destined to leave your mark on this generation. The truth is, there is nothing average about you; but too many times we don’t realize who we are. We focus on our weaknesses or what we don’t have. We focus on the mistakes we’ve made or the family from which we’ve come. We end up settling for mediocrity when we were created for greatness!

If you’re going to break out of average, you need to remind yourself every day, “I have the DNA of the Most High God. Greatness is in my genes. I come from a bloodline of champions.” If you’ll have the attitude of a champion, you’ll live the life of a champion and boldly embrace the blessings He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for preparing me to do the good works You have prepared. I am not average. I am not ordinary. I am created for greatness, and I belong to Almighty God. Thank You for Your faithfulness in Jesus’ name! Amen.

25 Mar 2014 04:28 #957 by DrMike
Winning the Respect of Others

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“So that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders...” (1 Thessalonians 4:12, NIV)

When others look at your life, what do they see? Does your daily life win the respect of others? As believers, we are Christ’s representatives in the earth. We are called to a higher standard. The way we live our lives should bring glory to God the Father.

Notice this verse doesn’t say, “Go out of your way to do something major so that everyone will respect you.” It doesn’t say, “Win a gold medal or Pulitzer prize so that people will glorify your Father in heaven.” No, it says that your daily life should win the respect of others. That simply means to always take the high road and live a life of excellence. It means doing the right thing even when no one is looking. It means finding common ground in order to be a peacemaker. It means going out with an attitude of faith and thanksgiving.

Remember, you will become like whomever you spend the most time with. If you are committed to spending time with God the Father every day, you’ll develop His character. You’ll win the respect of outsiders and bring glory to your Father in heaven!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I dedicate every area of my mind, will and emotions to You today. Help me live my daily life as an example of Your love. Let me honor You in all I do so that my daily life wins the respect of others in Jesus’ name! Amen.

26 Mar 2014 04:03 #958 by DrMike
Your Story Ends in Victory

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.” (Psalm 139:16, NLT)

In difficult times, you have to remind yourself that nothing is a surprise to Almighty God. He’s not up in the heavens scratching His head, saying, “Oh, man, he got laid off. That messed up everything.” “Oh, she was diagnosed with cancer.” “Joseph was thrown into a pit.” “my friend lost his father. Now what is he going to do?” No, God knows the end from the beginning. He has already written every day of your life in His book. The good news is that if you will stay in faith, your book ends in victory.

The next time you face an unexpected challenge, remember, it’s no surprise to God. He already has the answer, the provision, the healing you need. Keep standing, keep praying, keep hoping and keep believing that your story isn’t over until your story ends in Victory!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for the strength I need to overcome in every area of my life. I know that You hold the days of my life in the palm of Your hand. I believe that You have equipped me with everything I need for spirit, soul and body in Jesus’ name. Amen.

27 Mar 2014 07:03 #959 by DrMike
Make the First Move

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.” (Colossians 3:12, NLT)

Too often, when something doesn’t go the way we expect, we make the mistake of telling ourselves, “It’s not fair. It’s not right. When that changes, when it improves, then I’ll have a better attitude.” No, you’ve got to make the first move. You do your part and God will do His part. Quit worrying about God changing another person, and allow God to change you first.

Is there something you’re letting overwhelm you? Maybe you think it’s too much. Why don’t you get up every morning and make this simple declaration, “God, I want to thank You that I can handle anything that comes my way today. I can handle a difficult boss. I can handle getting stuck in traffic. I can handle my plans not working out. Lord, thank You that I’ll have a good attitude wherever I am.”

Decide ahead of time that you are going to stay in an attitude of faith and expectancy. Choose to clothe yourself with mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Choose God’s ways and let Him order your steps all the days of your life.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I clothe myself with peace. I clothe myself with mercy and patience. I choose to walk in Your ways so that I can live as an example of Your love everywhere I go in Jesus’ name. Amen.

28 Mar 2014 03:59 #960 by DrMike
Moving to a New Land

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And I will bring you to the land I swore with uplifted hand to give to Abraham...” (Exodus 6:8, NIV)

In Scripture, the Israelites had been in slavery for many years. That was the land of “Barely Enough.” They were just enduring, surviving, barely making it through. One day God brought them out of slavery and took them into the desert. That was the land of “Just Enough.” Their needs were supplied but nothing extra. It says their clothes didn’t wear out for 40 years. They were probably grateful, but who really wants to wear the same clothes for 40 years?

Well, God eventually took them into the Promised Land. This was the land of “More Than Enough.” The food and supplies were plenteous. The bundles of grapes were so large that two grown men had to carry them. It’s called, “the land flowing with milk and honey.” “Flowing” means it didn’t stop. It never ran out. It continued to have abundance. That’s where God is taking you.

Now, you may be in the land of “Barely Enough” right now. You don’t know how you’re going to make it through next week. Don’t worry. God hasn’t forgotten about you. He’s leading you to a new land. Just keep following His leading and move forward into the abundance He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for taking me into a new land. Thank You for provision, increase, blessing and abundance. I choose a grateful attitude. I choose to follow Your leading. Keep me close to You so that I can experience everything You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.609 seconds