Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

14 Apr 2014 06:10 #971 by DrMike
According to His Riches

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:19, NIV)

The Scripture says God will supply our needs “according to His riches.” So often we look at our situations and think, “I’ll never get ahead. I’m so far in debt, I’ll never get out.” No, His blessing is not according to what you have; it’s according to what He has. The good news is that God owns it all. One touch of God’s favor can blast you out of barely enough and put you into more than enough. God has ways to increase you beyond your normal income, beyond your salary, beyond what’s predictable.
Now quit telling yourself, “This is all I’ll ever have. I’ll never make it.” Let go of the past and choose to have an abundance mentality. Declare, “This is not where I’m staying. I’m blessed. I’m prosperous. I’m headed to overflow; I’m headed to the land of More Than Enough according to His riches in glory!”

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, You are so good! Thank You for Your unconditional love and grace toward me. Thank You for being faithful even when I fall short. Today I choose to rise up and believe that You are blessing me according to Your riches in glory in Jesus’ name! Amen.
According to His Riches

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at . if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at .

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Apr 2014 04:11 #972 by DrMike
Increase in Unexpected Ways

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.” (2 Corinthians 9:8, NIV)

When the Israelites were in the desert, God fed them with manna from heaven. It was miraculous provision; yet, they got tired of eating the same thing every day. They said, “Moses, we want some meat to eat out here.”

Moses thought, “That’s impossible. Meat out here in the desert?” That’s steak for some two million people. There were no grocery stores, no place to buy food. But God has ways to increase you that you’ve never thought of. God simply shifted the direction of the wind and caused a huge flock of quail to come into the camp. The people didn’t even have to go after it. The food came to them. What’s interesting is that quail don’t normally travel that far away from the water. If there had not been a strong wind, the quail would have never made it way out there in the desert. What am I saying? God knows how to get your provision to you.

What do you need today? What are the desires of your heart? God’s grace is sufficient. He is able to make all grace abound so that in all times, you have everything you need. Trust Him to bring increase in unexpected ways!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your grace and provision. I trust that even when I can’t see how things will work out, You will bring increase in unexpected ways. Help me keep my eyes on You, Jesus, the Author and Finisher of my faith in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at . if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at .

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

16 Apr 2014 04:15 #973 by DrMike
A Good and Spacious Land

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“So I have come down to rescue them...and to bring them up out of that land into a good and spacious land...” (Exodus 3:8, NIV)

Notice in today’s verse that God did not say He would bring His people into a small land; a little place, tight or crowded. No, receive this into your spirit: Just as God brought the children of Israel into a good and spacious land, so He will do the same for you! He wants to take you to the land of “more than enough,” a land of plenty of room flowing with increase, good breaks and opportunity. He wants you to live in a land where you not only have enough for yourself, but you’re so blessed that you can be a blessing to other people.

If you’re not in a good and spacious place today, the challenge is: don’t settle where you are. This is not your permanent address! It’s only temporary. Keep standing, keep believing, keep pressing forward and walk into the good and spacious land God has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I trust that You are leading me into a new land, a spacious land filled with blessing and opportunity. I choose to stand and keep my eyes on You as You lead me forward in Your purposes in Jesus’ name. Amen.

18 Apr 2014 04:01 #974 by DrMike
A Reflection of Your Father

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord...” (2 Corinthians 3:18, NKJV)

If we brought our two children up on the platform and their clothes were all raggedy and worn out, if they had holes in their shoes and their hair was a ratty mess, you would look at us and think, “What kind of parents are they?” It would be a poor reflection on how we care for our children.

Now, think about how our lives reflect God’s goodness. When you’re happy, looking good, living in a nice place, excelling in your career, generous with others, that brings a smile to God’s face. It shows the world His goodness.

Always remember: it brings God pleasure to bless you. It brings God pleasure when you show the world His goodness and glory. Remember, you are a reflection of your Father, and He delights in you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for showing me Your goodness and faithfulness. I want to represent You well. Thank You for pouring out Your blessing upon me so that I can reflect Your love and goodness in every area of life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

21 Apr 2014 04:26 #975 by DrMike
The Fullness of the Blessing

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“But I know that when I come to you, I shall come in the fullness of the blessing of the gospel of Christ.” (Romans 15:29, NKJV)

God’s blessing is His supernatural empowerment. It is His favor. And we’ve all seen a measure of His blessing, but I believe there is a whole new level He wants to take you to. God has promises and opportunities in store for you that you haven’t even thought of yet! What you’ve seen in the past is only a fraction of what God wants to do in your future.

Understand that God likes to outdo Himself. He wants to open doors for you and bring out talents and abilities you didn’t even know you had. Remember, the God we serve is a God of abundance. He is the God of more than enough. Not only does He want to meet your needs, He wants to give you enough to bless other people. That’s living in the fullness of the blessing. Don’t settle where you are. Your destiny is not determined by the economy, by your past, or what anyone else thinks or says. Your destiny is determined by Almighty God. He wants to overwhelm you with His goodness so you can walk in the fullness of the blessing!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I come to You today with an open and humble heart. Show me Your ways. Teach me to be a blessing to others. Help me to love others the way You love me so I can walk in the fullness of the blessing in Jesus’ name. Amen.

22 Apr 2014 04:09 #976 by DrMike
Is Anything too Hard for Him?

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?” (Jeremiah 32:27, NIV)

A friend of mine has a son who got his driver’s license a while back and really wanted a car. His father said to him, “Let’s believe that God will give you a car.” The son said, “Dad, God is not going to give me a car. You can buy me a car.” He said, “No, let’s pray.”

They asked God to somehow make a way for the son to have a car. The young man had one in mind, but he would have been happy with anything. A couple of months later, this man’s employer called him in and said, “For the last two years, we’ve made a mistake on your paycheck. We’ve been underpaying you.” When they handed him the check for the back pay, it was $500 more than the car they had been hoping to buy.

The Scripture says, “Is there anything too hard for the Lord?” There is no telling what God will do if you’ll dare to believe Him. Why don’t you stretch your faith today? Give God something to work with. Declare His Word, meditate on His promises, and put Him first because nothing is too hard for Him!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I know that, with You, all things are possible! Nothing is too hard for You. I choose to stand in faith, I choose to trust, and I choose to walk in every blessing You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

23 Apr 2014 03:36 #977 by DrMike
Today is Your Day!

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“This is the day the LORD has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.” (Psalm 118:24, NKJV)

A lot of times, it can be easier to have faith for the future. We believe “one day” we’ll get a good break. “One day” we’ll feel better. “One day” the problem will turn around. If we’re not careful, we’re always putting our faith off, believing that in the future something good is going to happen. But, true faith is always in the present. God is called “the Great I Am” not “the Great I Will Be.” He wants to show you His goodness, His favor and His mercy today!

If this is going to happen, you can’t just have faith for the future. You have to believe that “today is my day.” “This could be the day my health improves.” “This could be the day I get the phone call I’ve been waiting for.” “This could be the day my child comes back home.” There has to be an expectancy that something good is going to happen. Not next week. Not next year. Not in the sweet by and by. No, expect that today is your day and watch what God will do in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for today. Thank You for Your hand of blessing, provision, guidance, hope and love. I look for You to work on my behalf and praise You in advance for what You are going to do today in Jesus’ name! Amen.

24 Apr 2014 03:46 #978 by DrMike
The Greatness of His Favor

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us...raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.” (Ephesians 2:4–7, NKJV)

Oftentimes, people set their focus on what God has done in the past — how He parted the Red Sea or stopped the sun for Joshua or fed thousands of people with just a little boy’s small lunch. Yes, God has performed many amazing miracles throughout history, and it’s important that we give Him praise and glory. But at the same time, we also have to look forward to what God wants to do in our lives today. In this verse, Paul says that “in the ages to come,” God would do things that far supersede anything He’s ever done before. I believe that the “ages to come” he’s talking about is this day and time we’re living in right now. God wants to outdo Himself in our generation!

Remember, God is a God of increase. Where you are today is not where you are supposed to stay. He has greater levels of His favor and blessing in store for you. Dare to dream big! Dare to keep a God-sized vision in front of you! Dare to take hold of every blessing the Lord has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. I open my heart and mind to You so that I can see the greatness of what You want to do today and in the future. Use me for Your glory in Jesus’ name. Amen.

25 Apr 2014 17:29 #979 by DrMike
Favor Awareness

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...his favor lasts a lifetime.” (Psalm 30:5, NIV)

People promote awareness of all kinds of things in this world, but one of the most important things you should be aware of is the favor of God! Every day before you leave the house, you should say, “Father, thank You that I have Your favor.” As you drive to work or go about your day, meditate on His favor. Be aware of His goodness. Expect doors to open for you that may not open for somebody else.

Remember, favor means you have an advantage. There is something special about you because Almighty God has His hand on you. And I’m not talking about being arrogant and thinking that you’re better than somebody else. I’m talking about living with boldness — not because of who you are, but because of Whose you are! You are a child of the Most High God. Your Father created the whole universe. You can expect preferential treatment from Him!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your favor, grace and mercy. I choose to be aware of Your goodness and many blessings. I choose to meditate on Your love and look for Your hand at work in every area of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

28 Apr 2014 07:49 #980 by DrMike
What is God Telling You to Do?

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...And as they went, they were cured and made clean.” (Luke 17:14, AMP)

One time in the Scripture, there were ten lepers who saw Jesus. They hollered out, “Jesus! Have mercy on us and make us whole!” Jesus could have healed them right then, but instead, He asked them to do something to express their faith. He said, “Go show yourself to the Priest, and you will be made whole.”

It’s interesting that those lepers were not supposed to be around other people. They had to live in colonies because they were contagious and considered unclean. I’m sure they debated among themselves, “Do you really think we should go? I don’t look any better. It’s just going to be a waste of our time.” But they dared to put action behind their faith. They decided, “Jesus said if we go, we will be well. Let’s go. Let’s take a step of faith.” The Scripture says, “As they went, they were made whole.”

Friend, what is God telling you to do in your heart today? Take a step of faith. Put action behind faith. As you step out and show that your faith is in Him, you will see His miracle-working power flow in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I choose to trust in You. I choose to be obedient to You. Even when it doesn’t make sense to my natural mind, I will obey You and walk by faith. Thank You for revealing Yourself to me and healing every part of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.466 seconds