Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

13 May 2014 04:43 #991 by DrMike
Angels Move on Your Behalf

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Praise the LORD, you his angels, you mighty ones who do his bidding, who obey his word.” (Psalm 103:20, NIV)

Did you know that when you speak words of faith, angels are commissioned to move on your behalf? The Scripture tells us that God gives His angels charge over us. That means, when God hears you declaring His Word, He says to the angels, “Do you hear what My child is saying? They are speaking faith. Angels, I have an assignment for you. Go down there and begin to turn the situation around.” And the angels obey His Word!

If we could pull back the curtain on the unseen spiritual realm, we would see a host of angels and heavenly beings watching over us. That’s why it’s so important to guard what we say because with our words, we either open a door for God and His angels to move on our behalf, or we open a door for the enemy and the forces of darkness.

Make the decision today to only speak words of faith and life over you, your home and your family. Declare God’s Word and His promises and let your words set the angels into motion to help you fulfill the destiny God has planned for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for calling and equipping me. Thank You for giving Your angels charge over me to protect and guide me. I will declare Your Word over my life and choose to honor You in all I do in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at . if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at .

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 May 2014 04:57 #992 by DrMike
Favor Awareness

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...his favor lasts a lifetime.” (Psalm 30:5, NIV)

People promote awareness of all kinds of things in this world, but one of the most important things you should be aware of is the favor of God! Every day before you leave the house, you should say, “Father, thank You that I have Your favor.” As you drive to work or go about your day, meditate on His favor. Be aware of His goodness. Expect doors to open for you that may not open for somebody else.

Remember, favor means you have an advantage. There is something special about you because Almighty God has His hand on you. And I’m not talking about being arrogant and thinking that you’re better than somebody else. I’m talking about living with boldness — not because of who you are, but because of Whose you are! You are a child of the Most High God. Your Father created the whole universe. You can expect preferential treatment from Him!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your favor, grace and mercy. I choose to be aware of Your goodness and many blessings. I choose to meditate on Your love and look for Your hand at work in every area of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at . if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at .

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

15 May 2014 04:09 #993 by DrMike
Tune in to Him

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.” (John 10:27, NIV)

Right now, there are hundreds of radio frequencies in the air, hundreds of television signals all around you. But, you don’t hear them all. The reason is that you’re not tuned in. If you tune a radio or television to one of those frequencies, then you would pick up the signal.

In the same way, God is constantly transmitting to us. He wants to lead us, guide us, protect us and give us insight. But too often, we’re not tuned to His frequency. You have to pay attention to Him and learn His voice. God doesn’t speak to us most of the time out loud. He speaks to us through subtle things. He leads us by peace inside.

The best way to “tune in to His frequency” is by reading and meditating on His Word. The more know His Word, the more you know His voice. It’s like when you constantly tune in to a radio station and learn that DJ’s voice, you’ll recognize that voice when you are in a restaurant or at the mall. It’s the same idea. Tune in to God’s Word, tune in to Him and let Him lead you and guide you into victory all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for leading me and guiding me in Your truth. I choose to tune in to You, I choose to tune in to Your Word. Help me to hear Your voice so that I can follow Your leading all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

16 May 2014 04:18 #994 by DrMike
Let Peace Be Your Umpire

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And let the peace (soul harmony which comes) from Christ rule (act as umpire continually) in your hearts [deciding and settling with finality all questions that arise in your minds, in that peaceful state] to which as [members of Christ’s] one body you were also called [to live]. And be thankful (appreciative), [giving praise to God always].” (Colossians 3:15, AMP)

An umpire calls the players safe or out. As believers in Jesus, we have an internal umpire, so to speak, calling the plays and giving us direction. Before you ever make a decision, you should stop and see if you have peace inside. If there’s unrest or an uneasy feeling inside, then don’t move forward. Let peace be your umpire.

How many people get into a relationship that they didn’t have peace about and end up miserable? They buy things they didn’t have peace about. They end up in debt. They take a job they didn’t have peace about. They end up frustrated. Here’s the key: If you don’t have peace before you make the decision, you’re not going to have peace after you make the decision. If you don’t have peace about that person now, you’re not going to have peace if you get into relationship. If you don’t have peace about buying that new car, you’re not going to have peace when the payments come each month.

Remember, God gave us peace for our protection. No matter what circumstances look like, always trust His inner peace. Let peace in your heart be your umpire and settle any questions you have in your mind.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your peace that passes understanding. Thank You for leading and guiding me by peace. Help me to tune in to Your voice better so I can walk in the peace and protection You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

19 May 2014 03:53 #995 by DrMike
Kindness and Goodness

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“See that none of you repays another with evil for evil, but always aim to show kindness and seek to do good to one another and to everybody.” (1 Thessalonians 5:15. AMP)

In Galatians chapter five, the Bible talks about nine fruits of the Spirit. These fruits are spiritual qualities that manifest in our lives when we allow Him to work in us. The more we invite God to move in our hearts and follow His Word, the more those characteristics will manifest in us.

Kindness and goodness are two of those fruit of the Spirit. The Bible tells us that His Kindness leads people to repentance. In other words, kindness advances the Kingdom of God. The more kindness and goodness we show other people, the more we are acting like God. The Bible also tells us that what we sow, we shall reap. When we seek to do good to others, we will reap goodness in our own lives in return.

Today, look for ways to show kindness and goodness to the people around you even when they aren’t kind to you. Don’t repay evil for evil. Take the high road. Bless those who wrongfully use you. Seek to do good, show kindness, and you will see it come back as a blessing in your own life in return!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for displaying Your character through me. I choose to show kindness and goodness so that I can honor You with my thoughts, words and actions all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

20 May 2014 03:57 #996 by DrMike
You Cannot Be Defeated

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“By this I know that you delight in me: my enemy will not shout in triumph over me.” (Psalm 41:11, ESV)

We all face situations where the odds are against us. We don’t see how we could get well, how a relationship could be restored, how we could ever break an addiction. In the natural, it all seems impossible. It’s easy to just accept it and think, “This is my lot in life.” But David said in Psalm 41, “The favor of God keeps my enemies from defeating me.” When you walk in God’s favor, honoring Him with your life, knowing who you are and whose you are, you cannot be defeated.

You may suffer a temporary setback, a disappointment or an unfair situation; but if you’ll keep moving forward, it won’t be permanent. What you’re facing may seem bigger, stronger and more powerful, but deep down, don’t be intimidated. One touch of God’s favor can turn any situation around. You’ve got to know you cannot be defeated when God Almighty pours out His favor on your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your hand of favor on my life. I choose to keep an attitude of faith and expectancy knowing that my enemies cannot defeat me in Jesus’ name! Amen.

21 May 2014 03:56 #997 by DrMike
Brag on God’s Goodness

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Then I told them about how the gracious hand of God had been on me...” (Nehemiah 2:18, NLT)

In scripture, Nehemiah had a dream to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem. He didn’t have the money, the supplies or the manpower. What he had was incredible opposition. The city leaders were not for him. The critics tried to talk him out of it. He could have gotten discouraged and thought, “These obstacles are too big. I’ll never overcome these enemies.” No, right in the middle of that difficulty he said, “I can do this because the gracious hand of God is on my life.” He was saying, “The favor of God is making a way.” Again and again, he made this same statement, “The gracious hand of God will help me overcome.” He was constantly bragging on God’s goodness. In the end, he not only rebuilt the wall, but he did it in record time. It should have taken a year or two, but he did it in just 52 days.

When you’re always talking about God’s goodness, that’s when you’ll see His favor, His goodness, His protection in new ways. You may be in a tough time, but don’t magnify your problem. Magnify your God. The bigger you make God, the smaller your problems will become. Brag on God’s goodness and move forward in His victory!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your gracious hand of favor on my life. I choose to believe that with You, all things are possible. I know that You are making a way where there seems to be no way. So I will brag on Your goodness all the days of my life in Jesus’ name! Amen.

22 May 2014 04:05 #998 by DrMike
Don’t Magnify Your Enemies

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...Who is this uncircumcised Philistine that he should defy the armies of the living God?” (1 Samuel 17:26, NIV)

Did you know that when David faced Goliath, he never called him a giant? Other people did, but not David. He didn’t brag on the enemy’s power. He didn’t magnify the obstacle. He did just the opposite. He called him an “uncircumcised Philistine.” Not only did he not acknowledge who Goliath was, or his strength, his power, his experience, he took it one step further and diminished him. When he said, “He’s an uncircumcised Philistine,” he was saying, “This man is not in covenant with my God. He’s not in covenant with Jehovah.” In other words, “He doesn’t have the favor on his life that’s on my life. I know the favor of my God keeps my enemies from being able to defeat me.”

So when he went to face Goliath he said, “This day, I will defeat you and feed your head to the birds of the air.” How could David, a teenager practically half his size with no military experience, go out with such confidence and face Goliath, a skilled warrior wearing a full set of armor? It’s because he understood this principle. David is the one that said, “The favor of God keeps my enemies from defeating me.”

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for empowering me to overcome every enemy. I choose to magnify You over every obstacle I face. Thank You for paving the way to victory in every area of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

23 May 2014 03:57 #999 by DrMike
Don’t Settle for Good Enough

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you...” (2 Timothy 1:6, NIV)

Too many people today have settled for “good enough.” They’ve lost their passion and just sort of go through the motions of everyday life. At one time, they had a big dream. They were excited about the future, but they hit some bumps along the way. Something didn’t happen on their timetable. Now they’ve gotten discouraged, thinking that it’s never going to happen. They accept it as their lot in life.

Don’t let that be you! Just because you haven’t seen what God promised come to pass doesn’t mean that it’s not going to happen. Don’t make the mistake of settling for good enough! Good enough is not your destiny. You are a child of the Most High God. You have seeds of greatness on the inside. You were created to excel, to live an abundant life! It’s not over until God says it’s over. Start believing again. Start dreaming again. Start pursuing what God put in your heart. Stir up the fire within you and don’t settle for good enough!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I declare that I will not settle for good enough. I will stir up the dreams, passion and flame within me. Lead me in Your path of truth as I press on toward the promises You have in store for me in Jesus’ name! Amen.

26 May 2014 05:05 #1000 by DrMike
Say of the Lord

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I will say of the Lord, He is my Refuge and my Fortress, my God; on Him I lean and rely, and in Him I [confidently] trust!” (Psalm 91:2, AMP)

Your words have tremendous power. No matter what you may be facing today, the words of your mouth can help set the course for your victory or set the course for defeat. You decide by what you say. When you wake up with an attitude of faith and expectancy and declare God’s Word, you will be strengthened and empowered by His Spirit. But at the same time, if you go around talking about your problems or talking about defeat, it drains your faith and sets your focus in the wrong direction.

That’s why it’s so important today and every day to take inventory of what you are saying. When challenges and obstacles arise, declare that God is your refuge and strength. Declare His Word. Declare that He is for you. Keep the weeds out of your heart by letting go of bitterness and choosing to forgive. Stay in step with God with your words and actions and receive His strength and power to be all He’s called you to be.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your Word which is refreshing water to my soul. I choose today to say what You say. I choose to meditate on Your Word. Keep me close to You always in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.830 seconds