Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

26 Feb 2014 09:00 #941 by DrMike
Finished with Fear

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.” (2 Timothy 1:7, NLT)

So many people today are missing out on God’s abundant joy, peace and victory because they keep giving in to a spirit of fear. They are afraid to make a decision, they are afraid to confront issues, they’re afraid to step out in faith, they’re afraid of the past, and they’re afraid of the future! But as believers, we don’t have to live that way.

Always remember, fear is not from God. God has given you power, and His power is greater than any other power in the universe! You have to make a decision to deal aggressively with fear. You can’t be passive and expect to live in victory. The only way to conquer fear is to confront it head-on with the Word of God. His Word is truth which sets you free!

The next time you feel fear, declare today’s verse in 2 Timothy 1:7. Tell fear it has to go and walk in freedom. Sing a song of praise and declare God is empowering you. Focus on Him, find freedom and move boldly into the blessing He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for giving me power to overcome fear. I choose to face fear head-on and drive it out of my life. Show me any areas of my life where fear is holding me back so that I can press forward into the life of victory You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Feb 2014 04:09 #942 by DrMike
Resist Fear

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Withstand him; be firm in faith [against his onset — rooted, established, strong, immovable, and determined]...” (1 Peter 5:9, AMP)

The very moment you first feel fear, you have to resist it. In other words, you have to act against it. If you make the mistake of dwelling on your fears and start thinking about all the reasons why you can’t do what God is telling you to do, then it won’t be long before you develop a negative mindset that will keep you stuck where you are.

In the Bible, when God told David to go fight Goliath, it says that David moved quickly toward the battlefield. In other words, he didn’t think about it. He didn’t allow fear to grip his heart and talk him out of it. He just did what God wanted him to do.

So many people today are just sitting on the sidelines of life. They have tremendous potential on the inside, but they keep letting the enemy talk them out of doing what God wants them to do. Every time they get a vision of victory for their life, the enemy brings fear; and they just swallow his lies hook, line and sinker. Don’t let that be you! Instead, obey quickly. Resist fear and boldly embrace every blessing the Lord has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I choose to resist fear. I choose Your Word. I choose Your love. I believe that with You, all things are possible. I choose to obey quickly and boldly embrace the victory and blessing You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

03 Mar 2014 04:20 #943 by DrMike
You Can Handle It!

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.” (1 Corinthians 10:13, NKJV)

We all go through challenges, disappointments and unfair situations. It’s easy to get overwhelmed and think, “This is too much. I can’t deal with this illness. I can’t handle this difficult child.” Or, “I can’t take this traffic. It’s driving me crazy.” But, God promised He will never let us face more than we can bear. Nothing that comes your way in life is too much for you.

This is what Joseph did. He was betrayed by his brothers, thrown into a pit and spent years in prison for something he didn’t do. But, he didn’t get depressed. He didn’t start complaining. His attitude was, “With God, I can handle it. God is still on the throne. I’m going to stay in faith and keep being my best.” In the end, he was made second in charge over all of Egypt.

Today, if you are feeling burdened and overwhelmed by circumstances, know that with God, all things are possible. No person can keep you from your destiny, no bad break, no disappointment, no sickness. Keep believing, keep hoping, keep praying and keep moving forward because you can handle whatever comes your way!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for equipping me with everything I need to face the day. I know that with You, all things are possible. I trust that You are working all things together for my good in Jesus’ name. Amen.

04 Mar 2014 04:19 #944 by DrMike
Talk To Yourself The Right Way

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” (Philippians 4:13, NKJV)

In scripture, Paul had been through a lot of trials. He had been shipwrecked, spent the night on an open sea, and gone days without food. He was falsely accused, beaten with rods, and thrown into prison. If anyone had a right, at least in the natural, to be negative, bitter or complain, it would have been Paul. But his attitude was, “I can handle it. I am ready for and equal to it. Why? Because Almighty God, the Creator of the universe has infused me with strength. He has equipped me, empowered me, anointed me, crowned me with favor, put royal blood in my veins, and called me to reign in life as a king.”

In difficult times, like Paul, you’ve got to talk to yourself the right way. If you don’t talk to yourself, your thoughts will talk to you. Don’t let the negative, self-defeating thoughts play in your mind. Instead, declare that you are more than a conqueror, and you will boldly embrace the life of victory God has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for equipping and empowering me for victory in this life. Instead of letting my thoughts drag me down, I’ll let Your word build me up! I will declare Your truth that sets me free all the days of my life in Jesus’ name! Amen.

05 Mar 2014 04:11 #945 by DrMike
You Can Handle It!

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Let him take hold of My strength, that he may make peace with Me...” (Isaiah 27:5, NKJV)

Isaiah said, “Take hold of His strength.” When you make this declaration, “I can handle it,” that’s not just being positive. You’re taking hold of strength. When you say it, you’re getting stronger. That’s why the scripture says, “Let the weak say, ‘I am strong.’ ” If you’re always talking about the problem saying, “I can’t stand this job.” “This professor is so difficult. I’ll never pass his course.” “My loved one didn’t make it. I don’t know what I’m going to do.” All that does is drain you. When you talk defeat, strength is leaving. Energy is leaving. Creativity is leaving. Don’t let those things overwhelm you. You are not a victim; you are a victor!

No matter what comes your way, you can handle it! You are ready for it and equal to it. If you will stay in agreement with God, He will take what is meant for your harm and use it to your advantage. That difficulty won’t defeat you. It will promote you into the life of blessing and victory He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your grace and mercy in my life. Thank You for giving me the strength to handle anything that comes my way. I love You and receive Your empowerment in every area of my life in Jesus’ name! Amen.

06 Mar 2014 04:10 #946 by DrMike
Daily Benefits

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Blessed be the Lord, who daily loads us with benefits...” (Psalm 68:19, NKJV)

When you live a life that honors God, when you obey His Word and you’re a person of excellence and integrity, the scripture says that God’s blessings will chase you down and overtake you. You won’t be able to outrun the good things of God. He daily loads us with benefits!

People get confused sometimes and think they have to go chasing after the blessings. But really, when you chase after God each and every day, when you make Him your highest priority, the blessings will automatically follow.

Today, make pleasing the Lord your top priority. Let go of anything that would hold you back or weigh you down. Be willing to deal with issues as God brings them to light. Don’t give in to compromise and temptation that will keep you from God’s best. Then get ready because His blessings will chase you down as He daily loads you with benefits!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I dedicate every area of my life to You. Help me to live a life of integrity and honor. Thank You for daily loading me with benefits as I put You first in everything that I do in Jesus’ name. Amen.

07 Mar 2014 04:19 #947 by DrMike
Victor’s Mentality

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.” (Romans 8:37, NIV)

In scripture, Paul went through hard times. How did he come through? He wasn’t complaining, living in self-pity or despair. No, he shook off that defeated mindset and chose to have a vision of victory. This is what we have to do, too!

Remember, you’re not a weakling. You’re not lacking. The most powerful force in the universe is breathing in your direction. Every morning you need to remind yourself, “I am ready for and equal to anything that comes my way. I am full of can-do power.”

Listen, that sickness is no match for you. That relationship issue is not going to keep you from your destiny. The loss of that loved one did not stop God’s plan for your life. Don’t let it overwhelm you. You can handle it. You’ve been armed with strength! Keep a victor’s mentality because a victor’s mentality becomes a victor’s reality!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for the victory that overcomes the world — faith in Jesus Christ. Today I choose to trust You. I stand on Your promises and choose to live with a victor’s mentality in Jesus’ name! Amen.

10 Mar 2014 04:18 #948 by DrMike
Let Your Love Grow

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

"We ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love all of you have for one another is increasing." (2 Thessalonians 1:3, NIV)

God’s desire is to see you grow and increase in every area of your life—especially in your love for others. That’s because love is the greatest thing, and it is all that matters in eternity. At the end of the day, at the end of our lives here on earth, love is what will last forever!

Notice that this verse tells us that love and faith are connected. It says in another verse that faith works by love. Love isn’t about feelings and emotions; it’s about the choice to treat people the way God tells us to in His Word. The more we know Him, the more we know His Word, the more we will walk in love.

Today, I pray that your love will continue to grow and build a solid foundation for your faith. I pray that through your connection with the Father, you are strengthened in all of your relationships as you move forward into the life of blessing He has for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for loving me and transforming me into Your image. Search my heart and mind today. Help me to love others the way You love me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

11 Mar 2014 07:50 #949 by DrMike
Put Your Love into Action

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“If anyone has this world’s goods (resources for sustaining life) and sees his brother and fellow believer in need, yet closes his heart of compassion against him, how can the love of God live and remain in him? Little children, let us not love [merely] in theory or in speech but in deed and in truth...” (1 John 3:17–18, AMP)

I’ve heard it said that you can give without loving, but you can’t love without giving. Notice this verse tells us that love isn’t just about our words or thoughts; it’s about our actions. Love is about reaching out and meeting the needs of others. Sometimes meeting someone’s needs is as simple as a smile or sharing a word of encouragement. There are many ways to show the love of God. Can you pay for someone’s gas or groceries? Do you see a need in someone’s life that you can meet? Remember, you are the hands and feet of Jesus in the earth. The Lord wants to bless you today so that you can be a blessing to others. He wants to work through you to show His love and compassion.

Today and every day, look for ways to put your love into action. The Bible says that it’s His kindness that leads people to repentance. He wants to show His kindness in the earth through you. Step out and sow good seeds of love by meeting the needs of others. God promises that those seeds will produce an abundant harvest in your life in return!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your hand of blessing in my life. Thank You for choosing to work through me today. I submit myself and my resources to You. Show me ways to be a blessing to others so that the earth will be filled with the knowledge of Your glory in Jesus’ name. Amen.

12 Mar 2014 05:45 #950 by DrMike
You Were Not an Accident

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you...” (Jeremiah 1:5, NIV)

God knew you before you were even born. What an amazing thought! He saw your unformed substance and said, “I have a purpose for this life. I have good plans for them!” Then He breathed His life into you and sent you through your mother and father. They may have had issues, but that doesn’t have to stop you from becoming all that God intended for you to be. You have been handpicked by Almighty God to be here at this time in history!

Sometimes we hear parents say, “We weren’t expecting this child. They were a surprise. They were an accident.” No, that child may have been a surprise to the parents, but they weren’t a surprise to Almighty God. No child can be born without God breathing His life into them. You may think, “Well, I was unwanted. I was an unplanned pregnancy.” No, you wouldn’t be here if God didn’t give life to your seed.

In God’s eyes, there is no such thing as being illegitimate. Remember, He knew you before you were ever born! Find confidence in His love knowing that you are a person of destiny, and you are part of His mighty plan!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for choosing me before I was ever born. Thank You for knowing me and revealing Yourself to me. I trust that You are working in my life today, even when I can’t see it. I stand in faith knowing that You have a mighty plan for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 1.079 seconds