Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

17 May 2013 03:56 #761 by DrMike
Secret Petitions

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart.” (Psalm 37:4, AMP)

In the Psalms, it talks about the secret petitions of our heart. These are the hidden dreams that you haven’t told anybody about. One way you know they’re from God is that they’re so big you cannot accomplish them on your own. God does this on purpose so that it will take faith. Faith is what pleases God. Faith is what allows Him to do the impossible. So God will put something big before you where you don’t have all the talent, the education, the connections or the confidence. God will even allow certain obstacles that we can’t overcome on our own.

Today, if you’ve been believing God for something that seems like it’s taking a long time, don’t give up! Remember, God knows exactly where you are. He knows the desires He’s placed within you. He’s working things together for your good. He’s promised to finish what He started, and as you delight yourself in Him, He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I humbly come to You today, giving You all that I am. Thank You for fulfilling every desire in my heart. Mold me and shape me into Your image. Remove anything from my life that is displeasing to You so that everything I do brings glory to You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 May 2013 08:03 #762 by DrMike
His Ways Are Higher

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD.” (Isaiah 55:8, ESV)

We all have dreams that we’re believing God for and situations we want to see turn around. Too often, we put God in a box and tell Him how to do it, when to do it, and who to use to do it. We’ve got it all figured out: how God is going to bring us out of debt, how He is going to change our loved one, how we’re going to meet the right person. We pray that things will unfold according to our plan. But we have to realize that God’s ways are not our ways. He is supernatural.

His ways are higher than our ways. When God does something, it may not always make sense to our minds. If you have preconceived ideas of how you’re going to be promoted and how you’re going to get well, it can limit what God can do. You have to stay open. You may only see one way that it could happen, but God always has an option you can’t see. Why don’t you surrender your plans to Him today? Put your trust in Him because He is faithful. Let Him direct your steps because His ways are higher, and He knows how to lead you into the life of blessing He has for you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I put my faith and trust in You. I declare that Your ways are higher, Your thoughts are better, and Your plan is what will remain. I surrender my will and my ideas and receive the direction You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

21 May 2013 04:14 #763 by DrMike
He Opens and Closes Doors

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I know your works. Behold, I have set before you an open door, which no one is able to shut. I know that you have but little power, and yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.” (Revelation 3:8, ESV)

God opens doors of opportunity before us that no one is able to shut. But we have to realize, sometimes He also closes doors because He has something better in store. We may see a logical opportunity, but just because it’s the logical way doesn’t mean that it’s God’s way. Just because it happened that way before doesn’t mean it’s going to happen that way next time. That’s why you have to stay open and keep trusting in God. If you’re narrow-minded and only look at the door that’s been closed, you may miss the door He has opened behind you!

Friend, when you are able to let go of your own agenda and trust God, He’ll make sure you see those open doors. Scripture says His Word is what lights our path. Our attitude should always be, “God, I surrender all to You. Have Your way in my life. I trust Your timing. God, I trust You to do it Your way.” Then, step back and see the open door He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for ordering and directing my steps. I choose to trust You even when doors close before me. I believe that You have my best interest at heart. I am ready and available. I stand looking for the open door You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

22 May 2013 03:31 #764 by DrMike
The Place of Blessing

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Then the word of the Lord came to Elijah: ‘Leave here, turn eastward and hide in the Kerith Ravine, east of the Jordan. You will drink from the brook, and I have directed the ravens to supply you with food there.’ ” (1 Kings 17:2–4, NIV)

In scripture, God had a place of provision for Elijah. He gave specific instructions, and as long as Elijah obeyed, he would walk right in to His place of blessing.

Just as God directed Elijah to his place of blessing, God is directing you, too. He’s aligning the right opportunities for you and causing the right people to come along your path to help you get ahead. He’s constantly working behind the scenes on your behalf. But you have to do your part to keep your heart in the right place by following His Word. That means living in peace and unity.

The Bible says that when we live in unity with other believers, there He has commanded the blessing. And when your heart is in the place of blessing, the rest of your life will be in the place of blessing, too!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I come to You with a grateful heart. Thank You for leading me and directing my steps. Help me to see others the way You see them so I can honor You and live in unity all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

23 May 2013 03:16 #765 by DrMike
Remain Confident of This

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.” (Psalm 27:13, NIV)

When David wrote Psalm 27, he was going through a tough time. Things weren’t going his way. But he said in effect, “I’m not worried. I’m not upset. I am confident that I will see God’s goodness.” In other words, “This situation I’m in may be rough, but that’s not going to steal my vision. That’s not going to cause me to give up on my dreams. I am confident that this year, I will see God’s favor in a new way.”

That’s what our attitude needs to be today because what you focus on is what you will see. No matter what the medical report says, no matter what your finances look like, no matter how bad that relationship may seem, be confident that you will see His goodness! He is the all-powerful, omniscient, Creator of the universe, and He holds you in the palm of His hand. Nothing is too difficult for Him. Take hold of this truth by faith and focus on His goodness today. Allow His peace to settle in your heart and mind as you move forward in His blessing all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your goodness in my life. I choose to set my heart and mind on You today no matter what my circumstances may look like. I am confident that I will see Your goodness! Give me Your peace as I keep my mind stayed on You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

24 May 2013 03:27 #766 by DrMike
Out of the Pit

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and mire. He set my feet on the solid ground and steadied me as I walked along.” (Psalm 40:2, NLT)

Everyone goes through seasons when they feel like they are in a pit. That pit can be a frustration or disappointment or a feeling of discouragement, despair or hopelessness. And maybe you can’t see a way out, but you’ve got to know that God is still with you, and He will make a way where there seems to be no way.

Remember, God will never waste anything you go through in life. If you’ll keep the right attitude, He’ll turn that situation around for your good. It doesn’t matter how you got there, whether it was by your own poor choices or maybe someone else treated you unfairly, God wants to use that situation to do a work in you. He’ll take that evil and turn it around for your good. You may be uncomfortable at times, but you’ve got to know that you are growing, and God is building your character.

Today, make the decision to shake off any negative, self-defeating mindsets. Choose to cooperate with God. Trust that He is preparing you for promotion. As you keep an attitude of faith, expectancy and thanksgiving, He will lift you up and set you on the solid path of victory He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I lift my eyes to You for my help comes from You. Thank You for doing a work in my life. Thank You for using every situation in my life for my good. I bless You today no matter what is going on around me, knowing that You have a good plan for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

27 May 2013 12:26 #767 by DrMike
In the Day of Trouble

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“In the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent and set me high upon a rock.” (Psalm 27:5, NIV)

People ask all the time, “Where is God in tragedy?” When we encounter difficulty and tragedy, we have to trust that God is right there offering His shelter of peace to our troubled hearts. He has a plan to lift you up out of despair and set you in a place of stability. He has a plan to restore, renew and revive your soul.

Scripture tells us that it is the thief — the enemy — who kills, steals and destroys. God’s plan is to bring you life. (See John 10:10). We have to remember, the enemy uses circumstances to get our eyes off of Jesus. He tries to steal our peace and keep us focused on this earthly realm. But when we lift up our eyes to Jesus, when we hold fast to our profession of faith, that’s how we stay in victory.

Friend, when the day of trouble comes, know that God is with you and for you. He’s not the one who is against you. Keep your eyes on Him. Trust that He has a plan. Trust that He will make your crooked places straight and your rough places smooth. Lift your eyes to Jesus because He is the Author and Finisher of your faith — a very present help in the day of trouble.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for being my shelter when the storms of life rage. When I don’t have the answers, I trust that You do. I put my hope in You and receive Your peace and strength. Thank You for leading me in the path of victory all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

28 May 2013 03:50 #768 by DrMike
Make Your Requests Known

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.” (Luke 12:32, ASV)

As a father, there’s no one I’d rather bless than my own children. There’s no one I’d rather see increase and rise higher in life. It’s the same way with our heavenly Father. It gives Him pleasure to give His children His Kingdom. It brings a smile to His face.

If my own children never acted like I wanted to bless them and were always afraid to ask me for something, or acted like they were bothering me or intimidated, it would break my heart. I want them to be bold and come to me. I want them to ask for the desires of their hearts.

Today, know that God loves you with an everlasting love. He longs to be good to you. He wants you to come boldly to Him. He wants you to make your requests known. Trust that when you call on Him, He will answer. He will show you His love and lead you in everlasting life.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. Thank You for Your love. I know that it gives You pleasure to reveal Yourself to me. Have Your way in my life as I boldly come to You and make my requests known in Jesus’ name. Amen.

29 May 2013 03:33 #769 by DrMike
Letting it Go

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him and let it drop (leave it, let it go), in order that your Father Who is in heaven may also forgive you...” (Mark 11:25, AMP)

Everyone has been hurt, offended, betrayed and mistreated at some point. Sometimes those wounds are small and easy to move past, but other times, they are deep and take time to heal. The important thing is that we choose to forgive so that we can open the door to God’s forgiveness and healing in our own lives.

Forgiveness is such a powerful tool. Forgiveness sets you free and draws you closer to your heavenly Father. One of the first things a friend of mines mother did when she found out that she had stage four cancer of the liver was to ask the Lord to search her heart for any unforgiveness. She didn’t want anything to block her prayers for God’s healing. And now more than twenty years later, she still has a perfectly clean bill of health.

Whenever you pray, invite the Lord to search your heart. Choose to forgive anyone that has hurt you. As you walk in forgiveness, you’ll experience His hand of blessing in ways you never thought possible, and you will move forward in the abundant life He has in store for you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, I invite You to search my heart and mind. I choose forgiveness so that I can receive Your forgiveness in return. I love You and bless You today in Jesus’ name. Amen.

30 May 2013 03:40 #770 by DrMike
Do Good

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Even Jesus of Nazareth, how God anointed him with the Holy Spirit and with power; who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.” (Acts 10:38, ASV)

The first thing Jesus did before healing, before ministering, before delivering is that He was good to people. Think about that for a moment. We all have an assignment. You could say that we all have a ministry. It may not be up in front of people. It may not be to go overseas and be a missionary. Our ministry starts by being good to people.

When goodness flows out of our hearts, it catches people’s attention. It causes them to want to know more about what we have. We can say all day long, “I love you,” but true love is seen in what we do. If I really love you, I’ll be good to you. I’ll prefer you. God said to Abraham, “I will bless you and you will be a blessing.” One key to being blessed is: are you willing to be a blessing? Are you willing to do good?

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I ask that You empower me to do good. Help me to love others. Use me to be a blessing and be a testimony of Your goodness so that others may come to know You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.460 seconds