Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

02 Apr 2013 03:34 #731 by DrMike
Positioned for Blessings

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Bring all the tithes (the whole tenth of your income) into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and prove Me now by it, says the Lord of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.” (Malachi 3:10, AMP)

God wants to open the windows of heaven and pour out blessings on you today and every day of the year. But notice that today’s verse tells us that there is something we have to do first — we have to step out in faith and bring our tithes to Him. In other words, we have to be obedient to God with our finances.

We have to remember that we are stewards over the resources God has given us. When we are good and faithful stewards, the Lord entrusts us with more. He opens the windows of heaven. Have you ever thought about what kind of blessing would be so great that there would not be room enough to receive it? It may be hard to comprehend, but that’s what God’s Word promises — to overwhelm us with His blessings!

I encourage you today, be a giver. Be a tither. Put yourself in a position to receive His blessing. Begin to thank Him for His faithfulness. Lift up your eyes to Him. As the scripture says, prove Him and see Him move mightily on your behalf!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for choosing to bless me. Thank You for opening the windows of heaven in my life. I choose to be obedient to Your Word. I choose to be a giver. I choose to be faithful and thank You for Your faithfulness to me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Apr 2013 03:42 #732 by DrMike
Unprecedented Favor

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And [so that you can know and understand] what is the immeasurable and unlimited and surpassing greatness of His power in and for us who believe...” (Ephesians 1:19, AMP)

Every one of us can say that, in our lives, God has been good to us. We’ve all seen God’s favor at work. He has protected us, promoted us and opened doors for us. That’s God’s favor. But I believe that in the coming days, God wants to show us unprecedented favor — that’s favor like we haven’t seen before.

In today’s verse, Paul said that in the “ages to come” we would see “the immeasurable, unlimited, surpassing greatness of God’s favor.” What’s interesting is that Paul wrote this passage ages ago. I believe that we are now living in the “ages to come” that Paul was talking about. I believe you and I are going to see this unprecedented favor!

The word “unprecedented” means “unmatched, unparalleled, for the first time.” In other words, you may have seen God’s favor in the past, but you need to get ready. You haven’t seen anything yet. What God has in your future is going to be bigger, better, greater — unprecedented! He is going to show you His goodness in ways you’ve never seen before. Keep standing, keep praying, keep putting Him first and watch His unprecedented favor come on every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for this day and age I’m living in. I believe that You created me for such a time as this. By faith, I receive Your unprecedented favor as I serve You with my whole heart in Jesus’ name. Amen.

04 Apr 2013 04:04 #733 by DrMike
Look for God’s Favor

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you” (Luke 11:9, NIV)

When you go about your day, are you looking for God’s favor? Do you expect His goodness to overflow? Many people wake up and just believe to make it through the day, but God has so much more in store for you. What He has laid out for your future is more than you can imagine! What He’s got arranged for your family is more than you’ve ever even dreamed of. I believe that if you will take hold of this truth by faith, you will see supernatural doors begin to open. You’ll see promotion like you haven’t seen before!

No matter where you are in life, no matter what’s happening around you, start looking for more of God’s favor. Don’t settle for where you are. Don’t settle for just barely getting by. Believe that God is good, and He wants to do more in and through you. Remember, what you seek, you will find. So seek Him first, and He will pour out His supernatural favor upon you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, today I lift my eyes to You for You are the source of my help. I believe that You have good things in store for me, and so I look for Your favor upon my life. Use me today for Your glory as I keep my heart and mind stayed on You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

05 Apr 2013 03:38 #734 by DrMike
Make Room

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“A good man leaves an inheritance to his children’s children, but the wealth of the sinner is stored up for the righteous.” (Proverbs 13:22, NKJV)

Notice, God has already laid up contracts, houses, businesses, promotions and good breaks. They already have your name on them. If you’ll keep honoring God and making room for them, then eventually they will find their way into your hands — the hands of the righteous.

That means right now something is headed your direction; not bad breaks, not disappointments, not lack, not mediocrity. If you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, then you are the righteous! Increase is looking for you. Favor is looking for you. Good breaks are looking for you!

My question is, are you making room for it? Are you taking off the limits in your thinking? Are you preparing for increase? Get rid of any old thoughts that are telling you, “You’ve gone as far as you can. You never get any good breaks. This sounds good today, but this is not for you. This is for everybody else. You’ve made too many mistakes. You come from the wrong family.” There will always be voices that try to talk you out of it. When you look at it in the natural, your own thoughts may tell you, “It’s impossible. There’s no way.” But that’s when you have to rise up in faith and embrace His promises so you can make room for the blessings He has in store for you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I take the limits off and open my heart to You. I believe Your Word and believe that You have blessing and provision prepared for me. I receive it by faith today in Jesus’ name. Amen.

08 Apr 2013 04:03 #735 by DrMike
A Gift from God

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God.” (Ephesians 2:8, NKJV)

We serve such a loving, gracious and generous God. He loves you so much that there isn’t anything He wouldn’t do in order to have a relationship with you. The Bible tells us that sin separates man from God. But God doesn’t want to be separated from us. That’s why He sent His Son into the world — to pay the penalty for sin so that you and I could live in eternity with Him.

So many people today think they have to earn their way to heaven. They think they have to be “good enough” or “do the right thing” in order to be accepted by God. They want to “clean up” before they come to Him. But notice what today’s verse says — salvation is a gift from God. You can’t earn a gift. You don’t pay for it. You can only receive it by faith. If you’ve never made Jesus the Lord of your life, I encourage you to receive this free gift. Let Him fill you with His eternal peace and joy so that you can live the abundant life He has for you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, I come to You today giving You all that I am. Thank You for the gift of salvation through Your Son, Jesus. I believe He died and rose for me, and I invite You to be the Lord of every area of my life in Jesus' name. Amen.

09 Apr 2013 04:10 #736 by DrMike
Seeds of Greatness

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue.” (2 Peter 1:3, NKJV)

When God created you, He deposited in you everything that you need in order to fulfill your calling. He gave you the desire and the ability. He equipped you with gifts and talents. No dream is too big. No challenge is too great.

What happens a lot of times is that people don’t recognize what’s been placed within them because at first it seems subtle. The gift may not be evident in the beginning. It starts out in seed form. But just like planting a seed and tending to it will help it grow and develop fruit, when you tend to the seeds inside of you, they will begin to produce. How do you tend to the seeds? By reading, studying and meditating on the Word of God. By following His commands and keeping Him first place in your life.

Always remember, even if you aren’t clear about God’s direction for your life, when You put Him first place, He promises to lead and guide you. As you draw close to Him, as you gain knowledge of Him, His power gives you everything that you need!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for giving me everything I need for life and godliness. I trust that as I draw close to You, You will reveal Yourself to me. I bless You today and honor You in everything I do in Jesus’ name. Amen.

10 Apr 2013 03:44 #737 by DrMike
Stored Up Blessings

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Oh, how great is Your goodness, which You have laid up for those who fear You, which You have prepared for those who trust in You in the presence of the sons of men!” (Psalm 31:19, NKJV)

Scripture talks about how God has blessings stored up for those that honor Him. Think about that. God has contracts, houses, ideas, good breaks that already have your name on them! They’ve been stored up for you. The question is, how do you see them released? Number one: by honoring God and keeping Him first place. Then number two: by making room for them in your thinking. You’ve got to believe that something big is in your future. You’ve got to declare His promises over your life. You have to see with your eyes of faith what God can do.

Today, why don’t you take the limits off God and say, “God, I don’t see how this could happen in the natural, but I know You are a supernatural God. I know You have blessings that already have my name on them. Lord, I just want to thank You for Your far and beyond favor.” If you live like that, you will see God amaze you with His goodness, and you’ll receive those blessings He has stored up for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for storing up blessings for me. I choose to honor You and bless You. I put my faith and hope in You knowing that You will amaze me with Your goodness in Jesus’ name. Amen.

11 Apr 2013 04:00 #738 by DrMike
What Can God Do Through You?

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The Lord is with you, you mighty man of valor!” (Judges 6:12, NKJV)

Many people feel inadequate to do anything for God. But God doesn’t see you as inadequate, He sees you as complete, lacking nothing in Him!

In scripture, Gideon was hiding out from his enemies. He was afraid and didn’t feel equipped to do what God called him to do. Gideon was focused on his circumstances and his limitations, but God was focused on what He could do through Gideon. Gideon felt weak, but God saw him as strong. Gideon felt unqualified, but God saw him as ready to do the job. Gideon felt insecure, but God saw him as full of boldness. Sure enough, when Gideon obeyed God, against all odds, he ended in victory!

Today, what can God do through you? It isn’t about how qualified you feel. It isn’t about how talented you are; it’s really about how yielded you are. When you obey God, when you trust Him beyond trusting your circumstances, that’s when His power becomes available to you. That’s when He can work through you and bring about greatness in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for giving me a spirit of boldness. Thank You for giving me a spirit of power, love and a sound mind. I yield myself to You. I yield my heart, my mind and my whole being. Have Your way in me and lead me into Your victory in Jesus’ name. Amen.

12 Apr 2013 03:48 #739 by DrMike
Who You Are

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.” (1 Peter 2:9, NKJV)

Today, many people are walking around not knowing who they really are. Not naturally speaking, of course, but spiritually speaking. Once you receive Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, you take on a new identity — His identity. Everything He is, you become. Because Jesus is an overcomer, you are an overcomer (1 John 4:4). Because Jesus is more than a conqueror, you are more than a conqueror (Romans 8:37). You become empowered to do all things through Christ who gives you strength (Philippians 4:13)!

Let these words sink down deep in your heart today. Realize that because of Jesus, there is greatness on the inside of you. As you study and meditate on the Word of God, you will realize your true potential. You’ll discover who you really are so you can live the life He has called you to!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for choosing me. Thank You for loving me and calling me according to Your purposes. I receive Your promises. I receive Your truth. I let go of the old and receive the blessing You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

15 Apr 2013 04:02 #740 by DrMike
Visible Faith

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“But someone will say, ‘You have faith, and I have works.’ Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.” (James 2:18, NKJV)

We all have dreams that we’re hoping will come to pass and promises that we’re believing for. We should always be praying, believing and hoping — that’s all part of faith. But there’s another part of faith that, oftentimes, people leave out, and that is putting action behind your faith.

Scripture tells us that our works or actions prove our faith. In other words, when we really believe God, we obey Him. We can pray all day long, “God, get me out of this problem.” Or, “God, give me that promotion.” But if you really want to get God’s attention and see Him move in amazing ways, take it one step further and do something to demonstrate your faith. Let your actions prove your faith in Him. For example, maybe you need a turnaround in a relationship. Are you being the one to show love, honor and forgiveness? Maybe you need a financial breakthrough. Are you obeying Him and being faithful in your finances? Maybe you lost your job. Are you putting your resume out and knocking on new doors? That’s one way to take a step of faith.

Today, make sure you put action behind your faith. Make it visible in the eyes of God and man and watch Him come through on your behalf!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I come to You today releasing every part of my mind, will and emotions to You. Show me ways that I can demonstrate my faith in You. Help me to make wise decisions so I can walk in higher places with You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.931 seconds