Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

16 Apr 2013 03:36 #741 by DrMike
Find Where It’s Written

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Jesus answered, ‘It is written...’ ” (Matthew 4:4, NIV)

Anytime you are facing adversity or trials, the first line of defense needs to be in your mind. If you allow fear to come in and take root in your thinking, it becomes a stronghold that affects every part of you. But when thoughts of fear come, you don’t have to “sign for the package,” so to speak. Instead of activating fear by meditating on it, believing it and speaking it, you can turn things around and activate faith.

How do you activate faith? Hebrews tells us that the Word of God is living and active, sharper than a double-edged sword, able to divide soul and spirit. When the enemy tried to tempt Jesus, He gave us the example of how to respond. He said, “It Is Written!”

Instead of going through the day worried, thinking about how it’s not going to work out, start meditating on what God says. Activate faith by speaking the Word of God. Let it sink down inside of you and transform your being. Always remember, His Word is alive, His Word is truth, His Word is your weapon. So take hold of His promises and find where it is written!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your Word which lights my path and transforms my life. I choose today to turn my thoughts toward You. I choose today to meditate on Your Word and Your promises so that I can be empowered to live in the victory You have prepared for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Apr 2013 03:54 #742 by DrMike
When Fear Knocks on the Door

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.” (Ephesians 6:12, NIV)

Friends, throughout life, fear will come knocking at the door, selling you the worst case scenario. Fear tells you, “You’re going to lose your job. Your marriage is over. Your business is falling apart. Your child is done. It’s all downhill from here.” When those thoughts come, you don’t have to buy in. You don’t have to accept those thoughts. Here’s the key: when fear knocks, let faith answer the door. Don’t give those thoughts of fear the time of day. Don’t let them intimidate you. Answer back with faith. “Lord, You said the number of my days You would fulfill. God, You said Your plans for me are for good and not evil. God, You said what’s meant for my harm You would turn around and use to my advantage.”

If you’ll keep an attitude of faith and expectancy, it’s like keeping the door locked on an intruder. Fear has no right in the life of a believer. Greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world. Remember, the battle is in your mind. The enemy is after your thoughts. Don’t give him the time of day; and when fear knocks, let faith answer the door!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I thank You for Your Word which says that You have not given me a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind. I receive peace in my heart and mind and stand strong in faith knowing that the greater One lives in me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

18 Apr 2013 03:54 #743 by DrMike
Bigger than Fear

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world — our faith.” (1 John 5:4, NASB)

Fear always presents itself much bigger than it really is. It’s always the worst-case scenario. It always tries to get you worried, anxious, uptight and panicked. Fear’s goal is to separate you from God by trying to get you to doubt His Word. But when the spirit of fear comes, recognize that it has no power unless you give it power. Don’t give it power by speaking what fear speaks. Don’t give it power by meditating on it. Instead, let the power of the Word of God rise up within you. Declare what God says; declare that God has given you all authority in heaven and earth. Declare that no weapon formed against you shall prosper.

Remember, no matter how big fear presents itself, it’s no match for the power of Almighty God. When you yield yourself to Him, you tap into His power. Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world. God is bigger than your problems and bigger than fear. Let faith rise up in your heart because faith is the victory that overcomes the world.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your perfect love which drives out all fear. I choose to meditate on Your Word which feeds my faith and empowers me to overcome. I bless You and praise You today for Your goodness and grace in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

19 Apr 2013 03:43 #744 by DrMike
Lifting the Fog of Fear

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“By day the LORD went ahead of them in a pillar of cloud to guide them on their way and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so that they could travel by day or night.” (Exodus 13:21, NIV)

Fear is exaggerated. It can be overwhelming. It always takes you to the worst-case scenario. Fear is like a fog. It will always cloud the truth. It tries to make you stumble. It tries to block your vision and keep you from seeing the good plan God has on the road up ahead.

So how do you lift the fog of fear? In the Bible, God led the Israelites toward their Promised Land with a cloud by day and a cloud of fire by night. It was the cloud of His glory. The cloud of His glory is where you’ll find joy, strength, peace, love and protection. It’s where you’ll find vision and direction. It will keep you on God’s path. Scripture tells us today that when we worship, He inhabits the praises of His people. He brings His glory into our midst. When God shows up, the enemy has to flee. When the cloud of His glory is present, it burns up the fog of fear.

Today, if you feel like you’re in a fog of fear, stop and get into the cloud of His glory. Put on some worship music and turn your heart toward the Father. When you praise Him, He shows up and lifts the fog of fear so you can clearly see the good plan He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your presence which drives fear out of my life. I praise You today because You are good and worthy. I magnify You and receive Your grace and strength today in Jesus’ name. Amen.

22 Apr 2013 04:13 #745 by DrMike
Bold as a Lion

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The wicked flee when no one pursues, but the righteous are bold as a lion.” (Proverbs 28:1, NKJV)

As a believer in Jesus Christ, you are called to live a bold, confident and overcoming life. You don’t have to live under the weight and pressure of fear. You don’t have to live with daily anxiety. Because of Jesus, fear, worry and uncertainty are beneath you. When you rise up in faith, knowing that God is with you and for you, all doubt and fear has to leave your life.

Notice that today’s scripture says that the righteous are as bold as a lion. Righteousness is God’s way of doing things. When you do things His way, when you are submitted to His plan for your life, He will empower you with boldness and strength. He will equip you to walk in His victory.

Today, if you’ve been feeling anxious or fearful, begin to declare God’s truth over your life which will set you free! Declare that you are righteous in Christ Jesus. Declare that you are more than a conqueror. Declare that you are as bold as a lion because you are a child of the Most High God!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for setting me free from a spirit of fear. Thank You for filling me with strength and boldness. I set aside thoughts of worry and dread and thank You for Your peace as I keep my mind fixed on You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

23 Apr 2013 03:58 #746 by DrMike
Remove the Negative Labels

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...” (Psalm 139:14, NIV)

Throughout life, people are constantly sticking labels on us, telling us what we can and cannot become. And sometimes this is good. People speak faith into us. They encourage us. But then, there are times that people put negative labels on us. You cannot stop the negative comments. You can’t prevent the negative labels, but you can choose to remove them.

As a teenager, Walt Disney was told by his art instructor that he wasn’t creative. He didn’t have any imagination. Disney was smart enough to remove that label. He went on to do pretty well. Lucille Ball was told that she didn’t have any acting skills. She should try a different profession. She removed that label. Winston Churchill failed the sixth grade. He was told he wasn’t smart enough. He went on to become one of the greatest Prime Ministers that ever lived. The common denominator in the success of these people is that they chose to remove the negative labels. It’s the same way today. Don’t focus on what others say; focus on what God says. Remove the negative labels and embrace who God created you to be.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I receive what You say about me. I renounce the negative labels of the world and embrace Your truth knowing that my identity is found in You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

24 Apr 2013 03:52 #747 by DrMike
Don’t Let Them Hold You Back!

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” (John 8:32, NIV)

Did you know that wrong labels can keep you from your destiny? You are not who people say you are. You are who God says you are. People will label you not good enough, too slow, too old, too many mistakes. God labels you strong, talented, valuable, more than a conqueror. Make sure that you’re wearing the right labels. Don’t go the next 20 years allowing one negative comment to hold you back.

Many people don’t know any better. They wear the negative labels like they’re the truth. They become so engrained in their thinking that they end up becoming what people say they are instead of what God says they are.

Are there labels that are holding you back today? What a coach said? What a counselor said? Even negative comments spoken by your parents? This is the time to remove every negative label. People don’t determine your destiny; God does. The only power that label has over you is the power that you give it. If you will remove it; if you will forgive that person and quit dwelling on it, then that label will have no effect on you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your truth which sets me free. I choose to let go of every negative word spoken over me. I choose to forgive those who have hurt me. I embrace Your Word which is my identity in Jesus’ name. Amen.

25 Apr 2013 03:34 #748 by DrMike
No Limits

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I have seen that everything [human] has its limits and end [no matter how extensive, noble, and excellent]; but Your commandment is exceedingly broad and extends without limits [into eternity].”
(Psalm 119:96, AMP)

We serve a supernatural God! He can do what medicine cannot do. He is not limited by your education, your background, the family you came from. He’s not moved by the things people have spoken over you. He’s not up in heaven all frantic, trying to figure out how to get you to your destiny. He knows the end from the beginning. He already has solutions to problems you’ve not even had. He is all powerful and all knowing. People may have tried to push you down, but if you’ll just remove those labels and get into agreement with God, He will push you up.

He will take you where you could not go on your own. You don’t have to figure it all out. All God asks you to do is believe. When you believe, all things are possible. When you believe, doors will open that should have never opened. When you believe, God will take you from the back to the front. Don’t let negative labels hold you down. Remember, we serve a God who knows no limits! Get in step with Him and live your life without limits, too!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for taking the limits off my life. I renounce old mindsets and negative labels and commit to renew myself by Your Word. Thank You for transforming me into Your likeness in Jesus’ name. Amen.

29 Apr 2013 08:52 #749 by DrMike
His Mercy is Greater

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For the LORD is good; His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures to all generations.” (Psalm 100:5, NKJV)

When you make a mistake, unfortunately, the critics and naysayers come out of the woodwork. People will tell you, “You’re all washed up. It’s too late.” If you wear that label, it will keep you from the amazing future God has in store. God says, “My mercy is bigger than any mistake.” God says, “I can still get you to your destiny.” God says, “I will give you beauty for those ashes. I’ll pay you back double for the unfair things that have happened.” You wouldn’t be alive unless God had another victory in your future. Why don’t you take off the “washed up” label? Take off the “failure,” “guilty,” “condemned” labels and put on some new labels: redeemed, restored, forgiven, bright future, new beginning.

Always remember, you have been made in the image of Almighty God. God did not make any mistakes. You are the perfect size. You have the right personality, the right gifts, the right looks, the right skin color. You are not an accident. God designed you precisely for the race that is laid out for you. You are fully equipped for this life, and His mercy is greater than any mistake you could make. Embrace the truth and the victory He has in store for your future!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your mercy. Thank You for equipping me for everything I need in this life. I choose to renounce old labels and forgive those who have hurt me. I set my eyes on You, Jesus, the Author and Finisher of my faith in Jesus’ name. Amen.

30 Apr 2013 03:55 #750 by DrMike
A Lifetime of Favor

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Sing the praises of the Lord, you his faithful people; praise his holy name. For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime...” (Psalm 30:4–5, NIV)

Let this truth sink down into your spirit today: God’s favor is not for a season; it’s for a lifetime. How do we obtain God’s favor? Proverbs three tells us that when we honor His Word, when we obey His commands and walk in mercy and truth, that’s how we find favor in God’s sight. When we do our part, God will do His part.

Today, if you are believing God for something, maybe a turnaround in a relationship, career or your health, stand firm that God’s Word is true. When you put Him first place in your life, when you follow His commands, He promises to pour out His favor on you. When those thoughts try to tell you, “It’s not going to happen. It’s too good to be true.” Turn it around and say, “Father, I want to thank You for Your favor on my life, on my children, on my career, on my future. I am Your child, and I know it’s not temporary. It’s not seasonal. It doesn’t come and go. Thank you, God, for a lifetime of favor!”

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I choose to honor You in all I do. I choose to acknowledge Your ways. Thank You for pouring at Your favor and blessing on me as I boldly follow Your commands in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 1.074 seconds