Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

22 Feb 2012 04:07 #461 by DrMike
The Pruning Process

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful” (John 15:2, NIV)

In life, we all go through a pruning process. God will prune our lives so that we can bear much fruit. To “prune” means something is cut away, something is removed. In other words, maybe a good friend that you counted on moved to another city. Maybe a business shut down that you were connected to, or a relationship went a different direction.

Friend, God knows what you need in your life in order to grow and flourish. Sometimes when things happen that we don’t understand, we have to just trust that He is working behind the scenes preparing you for increase, preparing you to go to another level. Don’t put a question mark where God has placed a period.

When you’re going through transition, don’t get bitter. Don’t get down and think it’s the end. Don’t start thinking that you’re a failure. Have the attitude, “God, I let this go knowing that it was only temporary provision, and what You have in my future will be greater than what I’m letting go of.” If you will accept the change and stay in faith, God will open new doors. He will bring new opportunities, new friendships, and take you to another level of His glory!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for loving me enough to work in my life. Today I release the things I don’t understand into Your hands. I believe that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf. I believe that You have good things in store for my future. I choose to wait on You and trust You now and forevermore in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Feb 2012 04:08 #462 by DrMike
Remain in Him

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing” (John 15:5, NIV)

Have you ever thought about the relationship between the branch and the vine? We don’t use these kinds of word pictures very much anymore, but think about it — if the branch is not attached to the vine, it withers and dies. The very life of the branch depends on being attached to the vine. The same thing happens if we try to operate in this life without Jesus. Without Him, we can do nothing. We are cut from our life source. But when you remain in Him by daily connecting with Him through prayer, worship and study of the Word, then your life will be fruitful. You’ll walk in joy and blessing.

I love that this verse says “much fruit,” which means you will have an abundant harvest in your life. God doesn’t want you to just barely get by. He wants to overwhelm you with His goodness. Remain in Him today. Choose to make Him top priority, and you’ll see His hand of blessing operating in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for being my source of life. Thank You for Your hand of blessing that is leading and guiding me. I choose to make You the number-one priority in my life. Let my heart hunger only for You today in Jesus’ name. Amen.

24 Feb 2012 04:04 #463 by DrMike
Dig Deeper

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up” (Galatians 6:9, NLT)

I read that back in the 1800’s some explorers were going across a huge desert and didn’t bring enough water. They started digging at different spots underneath the surface about a foot or two trying to find water. They ended up losing their lives in the desert because of a lack of water. Many years later, it was discovered that there was water right there where they had lost their lives about three feet underground. If they would have just dug down a little bit further, they would have found the water and saved their lives.

The same principle is true when you’re in a dry season and not getting any good breaks, business is slow, or you’re struggling in a relationship. It’s easy to think, “This is never going to change. I’m never going to see my dreams come to pass.” No, just like those early explorers, water is there. Provision is there. You just have to dig down a little bit deeper. If you will shake off the self-pity, shake off what didn’t work out, shake off the complacency and turn up your praise, you’ll soon tap in to the blessing and provision He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for Your provision and blessing in my life. I know that You are making a way even when I don’t see a way. Help me to stand strong in You so that I may see the harvest of blessing You have prepared for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

27 Feb 2012 03:47 #464 by DrMike
Living With Enthusiasm

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace...” (Isaiah 55:12, NIV)

The word “enthusiasm” comes from the Greek word “entheos.” “Theos” is God. When you’re enthusiastic, it simply means you are full of God. When you get up in the morning excited about your future, recognizing that day is a gift and go out with a spring in your step, pursuing your goals and passionate about life, then God will breathe in your direction. Studies even tell us that people who are enthusiastic get better breaks. They’re promoted more often. That’s not a coincidence. When you’re full of passion, you have the favor of God.

Remember, God didn’t breathe His life into us to drag through the day. He didn’t create us in His image, crown us with His favor, and equip us with His power to just go through the motions of life. You may have had some setbacks, the wind may have been taken out of your sail, but this is a new day! God wants to breathe new life back into you. If you’ll get your fire back, get your passion back, the wind will start blowing once again. When you’re in agreement with God, He can cause the winds of favor to shift in your direction!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for another sunrise, another day, another opportunity to praise You and pursue the dreams You’ve given me. Help me to stay filled with Your joy which is strength so I can serve You with my whole heart in everything that I do in Jesus’ name. Amen.

28 Feb 2012 04:03 #465 by DrMike
Really Alive

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The thief comes only to steal and Kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full” (John 10:10, NIV)

A couple of years ago, I was watching the news when Captain Sullenberger successfully landed a jet airplane in the Hudson River. All 155 passengers survived. It’s known as “The Miracle on the Hudson.” A reporter asked one passenger what he thought about it all. He was soaking wet, freezing cold, a little bit frazzled, but he had this incredible glow about him, an excitement in his voice. I’ll never forget what he told the reporter, “I was alive before, but now I’m really alive.”

My question today is, “Are you really alive?” Are you passionate about the life God has given you? Do you get up every morning with enthusiasm, pursuing your dreams? God doesn’t want you to just “be alive” or just exist or endure. He wants you to be really alive! You have seeds of greatness on the inside. There is something more for you to accomplish. Get excited about what God is doing! Lift up your eyes of faith to Him. Keep hoping, keep believing, keep trusting and keep living because God has a wonderful plan in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for making me alive in Christ! I declare that Jesus is my Lord and Savior, and because He died for me, I can live the abundant life here on earth. Help me stay focused on You this day and live with the enthusiasm that comes from knowing You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

29 Feb 2012 04:59 #466 by DrMike
Remember What He Has Done

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Remember His marvelous works which He has done, His wonders, and the judgments of His mouth” (Psalm 105:5, NKJV)

Anything can become routine if we let it. Anything can feel mundane after a while.

Not long ago, I was talking to a professional baseball player. He has been in the big leagues about fifteen years. His life seems so exciting, far from routine, far from ordinary. He said, “No, it’s not what you think. We travel all the time. We’re always on the road, in hotels, eating out and away from our family.”

The truth is that I’m sure he was excited about it all when he first started. There are probably things in your life that you were once excited about. When God opened the door and gave you that new job, that promotion, you were so excited. You called your friends. You knew it was God’s favor. Well, don’t let the passion wear off just because you’ve had it five years! When you met that person and fell in love you were on cloud nine. You knew it was God’s goodness. Don’t take it for granted. Remember what God has done! Stir up the joy in your heart. Stir up praise. Thank Him for His faithfulness and let your attitude of gratitude pave the way to live the life of blessing He has for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, right now I take time to remember and acknowledge Your goodness in my life. I praise You because You are good. Thank You for loving me, thank You for setting me free. Thank You for pouring out Your blessings on me and leading me into everlasting life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

01 Mar 2012 07:04 #467 by DrMike
Miracles All Around You

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Sing to the LORD, for he has done glorious things; let this be known to all the world” (Isaiah 12:5, NIV)

One time, I read about this medical doctor. He was in his late 80’s, but he still went to the office every day. He loved to operate. His friends and family tried to get him to retire, but he just wouldn’t do it. He had invented a procedure that he had performed over 10,000 times. He was asked in an interview if he ever got tired of doing it, if it ever got old. He said, “No. The reason why is because I act like every operation is my very first one.” He was saying, “I don’t let it become so common that I lose the awe.”

What has God done in your life? What can you be thankful for? Do you have your health? Do you have someone to love? There are miracles all around us. Don’t lose the amazement of what God has done in your own life. Don’t spend life waiting for the next “big” thing. Instead, thank God for the glorious things He’s done in your life. Thank Him for loving You. Keep your eyes fixed on Jesus, the Author and Finisher of your faith!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for the miracle of life. Thank You for the air that I breathe. Thank You for every promise found in Your Word. You are good, and You have done glorious things! Let everything I do bring glory as a testimony to how great You are in Jesus’ name. Amen.

02 Mar 2012 06:54 #468 by DrMike
Another Victory Is On The Way

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him” (2 Corinthians 2:14, NIV)

Are you facing challenges or difficulties today? Maybe something has happened that could easily discourage you and cause you to give up on your dreams. I want to remind you today that where you are is not where you are going to stay. God has a good plan in store for your future. When you stay in step with Him, you’ll walk right into victory.

Scripture tells us that God wants to take us from glory to glory, from victory to victory. Even if you are between victories right now, keep your passion. Keep your enthusiasm. Focus on the fact that God has another level for you — another level of glory, another level of increase, another level of His favor.

Today I encourage you, go out with a smile on your face. Give Him your best. When you thank God for what He has done, you are sowing a seed that He will use in your future. Keep praying, keep believing, keep hoping and stand strong because another victory is coming your way!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, right now I choose to focus my mind and heart completely on You. I choose to step out of discouragement, step out of complacency, step out of worry, and step in to Your glory. You alone are worthy, and I thank You for the victory You have in store for my future in Jesus’ name. Amen.

05 Mar 2012 04:49 #469 by DrMike
Open the Door to Blessing

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might...” (Ecclesiastes 9:10, NIV)

Did you know that when you do something to the best of your ability because you want to honor God, it opens the door to His blessing? That means it will be easier, it will go better, and you will accomplish more. That’s why no matter what we do, we should give it our best. This is especially true even in the little things. For example, when you’re doing the dishes or mowing the lawn, don’t drag around sour and frustrated. Mow with enthusiasm! Mow it like you’re on a mission from God. With every step, thank God that your legs work. Thank Him that you’re healthy and strong. At the office, don’t just do enough to get by. You’re not working unto people, you’re working unto God. Do it with your whole heart. When you volunteer at church, don’t wake up and think, “Awe, man. Why did I volunteer? I want to sleep in!” No, serve Him with all your heart because that's what honors God. When you honor God, He’ll honor you. He’ll give you His life, peace, health and blessing now and forevermore!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for Your hand of blessing on my life. I choose today to serve You with my whole heart and do everything to the best of my ability. Thank You for Your faithfulness to me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

06 Mar 2012 05:40 #470 by DrMike
Focus on What You Have

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Here is what I have seen: It is good and fitting for one to eat and drink, and to enjoy the good of all his labor in which he toils under the sun all the days of his life which God gives him; for it is his heritage” (Ecclesiastes 5:18, NKJV)

The scripture talks about how God has given us the power to enjoy what is allotted and appointed to us. That simply means that I don’t have the power to enjoy your life. You may have more success, more money, more friends or a better job, but if you put me in your life, I’m not going to enjoy it. We are uniquely designed to run our own race.

When we truly understand and embrace this, we won’t be tempted to compare or wish we had what someone else has. You won’t think, “If only I had their talent...” No, if God wanted you to have that talent, He would have given it to you. Instead, take what you have and develop it. Make the most of it. Don’t think, “If only I had her looks...” No, God gave you your looks. That’s not an accident. The life you have has been perfectly matched for you.

Now, you’ve got to do your part and get excited about your life. Be excited about who you are — your looks, your talent, your ability, your personality. When you’re passionate about who you are, it brings honor to God. That’s when God will breathe in your direction and the seeds of greatness in you will take root and begin to flourish!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I thank You for giving me the gifts, talents and abilities to enjoy life and accomplish Your will. Today I choose to put my trust and hope in You knowing that You have equipped me for the destiny You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.781 seconds