2 tsp softened butter
1/2 c sugar
1 egg
1 tsp grated lemon peel
1 c all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sale
1/4 c half & half
1/2 c fresh or frozen berries (I actually add more)

TOPPING:
1 T sugar
1 tsp lemon juice

In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and lemon peel; beat well.
Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture altertnately w/half & half.
Fold in the berries. Pour into a greased 5-3/4 in. x 3-in. x 2 in. loaf pan.

Bake at 350 for 45-50 mins (I had to bake a little longer) until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack. Combine topping ingredients; spread over warm bread.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jun 2011 08:34 #72 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Any interest? Recipes
Sounds fantastic. I will have to try it!

28 Jun 2011 09:26 #73 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Any interest? Recipes

MamaRama wrote: Does anybody have a recipe for for HOT AND SPICEY POLISH DILL PICKLES.. for canning??

http://recipes.mrswages.com/recipedetail.aspx?id=1495

28 Jun 2011 11:09 #74 by MamaRama
Replied by MamaRama on topic Any interest? Recipes
THANKS TPP!! appreciate it...

07 Jul 2011 23:08 #75 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Any interest? Recipes
I just discovered their Facebook page, and if this one's any indication, I'm really going to like their recipes! :sunshine:

http://mypantryshelf.com/2011/07/01/str ... d-almonds/
Strawberry Spinach Salad with Chevre and Almonds
July 1, 2011

Some dishes seem to create themselves. The ingredients radiate with pure excitement when they enter into each other’s proximity. This was the case when the loads of astonishingly fragrant strawberries pushed into the log of chevre in the fridge the other night. They called to me in their sweet seductive voices to please toss them with fresh spinach and roasted almonds, I was powerless to resist. Luckily, this force is pure good.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

08 Jul 2011 11:35 #76 by MamaRama
That LOOKS really YUMMY!!!

08 Jul 2011 11:47 #77 by ScienceChic
Doesn't it?! :sunshine: I can't wait to make it - my kids and I picked some fresh strawberries at the Berry Patch Farms the day before yesterday and I have to go get some almonds and spinach yet!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

08 Jul 2011 13:31 #78 by MamaRama
SC.. what and where is Berry Patch Farms??

08 Jul 2011 16:56 #79 by ScienceChic
Hey MamaRama!

It's an organic farm in Brighton where you can go and pick your own produce, or buy what they've picked! Strawberries just went out of their first season, but there are tons of veggies and herbs available, and pie cherries! Raspberries and strawberries will be arriving in August.

Their website it here: http://www.berrypatchfarms.com/ and you can sign up for email alerts from them - they will let you know what is available for picking before you make the haul out there (it took us 30 min from Lakewood).

They've got classes available, and they even do birthday parties; it's great for kids to see a working farm, experience picking your own food, and get to pet the various "pets" they have - goats, pig, chickens, etc!

08 Jul 2011 17:53 #80 by MamaRama
YOU ARE WONDERFUL... Thank you so much. I usually go up to Sakata Farms and get my corn for creaming and freezing up that way.. I'm gonna check this out.. :biggrin:

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds