Any interest? Recipes

21 Aug 2010 09:09 #31 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Any interest? Recipes

At Home With rebecka wrote: My most recent entry for the Real Women Of Philadelphia Contest with Paula Dean:
Arapas Con Philadelphia Queso
[IMG=http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/7038/arapabestcloseup.jpg]
Please visit my blog for detailed instruction for this and many other recipes♥

http://athomewithrebecka.blogspot.com/

Love you site, I'm looking forward to you posting some recipes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Aug 2010 12:07 #32 by ShilohLady
Replied by ShilohLady on topic Any interest? Recipes
Our family favorite ... often used for Memorial Day or Labor Day cookouts:

Pork Saute(Peanut Butter Pork)

1 cup Peanut butter
2 tbsp. Ground Coriander
2 cloves of Garlic, minced
1 cup chopped Onions
1 tsp. Red pepper
3 tbsp. Lemon juice
2 tbsp. Brown sugar
1 tsp. Black pepper
5 tbsp. Soy sauce
1 cup melted Butter
1 cup Chicken stock
approx 4 lbs Pork

Chop onion in food processor.
Add ingredients and process until smooth and well blended.
Bring mixture to a boil - this helps it to stick to the meat better.

Cut pork into 1 inch cubes.
Marinate for several hours or over night. Place on skewers and Bar-B-Que.
(After on Bar-B-Que turn every five minutes and cook until done. 25 to 30 minutes)

05 Sep 2010 18:27 #33 by ShilohLady
Replied by ShilohLady on topic Any interest? Recipes
Edited the above to indicate the marinade should be brought to a boil. I tried it without boiling based on copy I got from my parents and it didn't stick to the meat as well.

Caution: When placing marinated meat on the skewers, your hands will get coated with the marinade so don't try to do anything else at the same time!

15 Apr 2011 16:43 #34 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Any interest? Recipes
Pretty neat!

http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/tips ... hes-144021
Lunch tips from Jamie Oliver: Toaster Cheese Sandwich's

He casually flips his two-slot toaster on its side and slides a piece of bread with sliced cheese into the bottom slot while the top slot toasts another plain slice. Three minutes later, he has a grilled cheese sandwich with far less fuss than I've ever made one.

Here's the thing: this doesn't work in every toaster. Many toasters now have a wire cage that folds inward to brace the bread as soon as you begin toasting. Sadly, this cage will become completely coated with melting cheese if you try Jamie's method, creating a mess that is nearly impossible to clean.

File Attachment:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

03 May 2011 08:33 #35 by MamaRama
Replied by MamaRama on topic Any interest? Recipes
Does anybody have a recipe for OOEY, GOOEY Cinnamon Rolls?? Please can I have it if you do?... Thanks :crossed:

03 May 2011 08:46 #36 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Any interest? Recipes
I have a great recipe that everyone loves but it is not the gooey kind. My secret is brushing on half and half or cream before baking and right after they come out. I have been told that they rival cinnabon's. I use the bread maker for the dough. If that is what you are looking for let me know and I will post it.

03 May 2011 09:44 #37 by MamaRama
CG, Please post your recipe.. It would be wonderful.. and THANK YOU..

03 May 2011 10:32 #38 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Any interest? Recipes
Okay, I made it easy and my daughter still doesn't know I do this. LOL

I use Pillsbury Hot Roll mix according to directions for cinnamon rolls but I use the bread maker under the dough setting. Right before it comes out I mix and these ingredients and set aside: (And cut in the butter)

3/4 cup brown sugar
1TBLS. Cinnamon
1/2 cup room temp/cool (not cold) butter (cut in to rest of the dry items)
1/4 cup flour

Then when the dough is ready I put on a well floured sheet of wax paper. Roll out with lots of flour (to prevent sticking) to approximately 10'x15" triangle.

Sprinkle on above mixture. Roll and cut into 12 slices about an inch or so. It is never exact. (Here is my other trick. Use unwaxed dental floss to cut the dough) Take a piece of floss about a foot or so and slide under the dough,cross the floss to create an 'X' and pull each end to cut. That makes all the difference.

Lay into a buttered 10" x 13" pan. Some of the sprinkled mix doesn't come along and you have to just put it on top of the rolls.

Let rise til double. Usually 45 minutes or more. To help things along I turn on the oven on warm and open the oven door. Then turn off the oven. Just to warm things up a bit.

Right before baking at 375 degrees, I brush on half and half or cream. Last time I realized I forgot half and half and used evaporated milk. That worked beautifully as well.

Bake about 15 to 20 minutes. Watch carefully you don't want them to over cook. Golden brown is perfect.

When they come out of the oven, brush again with the half and half, cream or evap milk.

Now the icing. I use the extra cream or milk, etc. for the icing. I have never made cream cheese icing but have always wanted to. IT is just everyone likes them regular so that is what I use.

So, you want to put on thick icing if very warm or if you want the icing to get down in the rolls you can make a thinner icing and pour on while warm then later when cooler put on a thicker icing that will stay on the top. Depends on how sweet you want them.

I just mix some cream, or whatever, (last time I used evaporated milk and it worked nicely) vanilla and powdered sugar. Maybe a little butter too. And make the consistency I want. I am not exact.

That is my cinnamon roll recipe.

Cinnamongirl

03 May 2011 11:56 #39 by MamaRama
YUMMY, YUMMY!!! Thank you!!

03 May 2011 21:06 #40 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Any interest? Recipes

He casually flips his two-slot toaster on its side and slides a piece of bread with sliced cheese into the bottom slot while the top slot toasts another plain slice. Three minutes later, he has a grilled cheese sandwich with far less fuss than I've ever made one.

Ok, so I tried it - the sandwich was edible, the smoke smell will hang around for a while :wink:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds