Suggestion.

21 May 2010 08:55 #1 by CC
Suggestion. was created by CC
Some of the new changes are a little troubling to a few of us. I see that you now have to be a logged in member to view some forums.
This is something that I personally have always disliked about other local sites. As a community forum, I think that people should be free to read all posts and if the atmosphere of the site suits them, they will be motivated to join. I prefer to have folks around that want to be here rather than have folks who think they have to register just to read about their community. It feels as though it has lost some of it's openness.
Just my opinion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 May 2010 09:08 #2 by MyMountainTown
Replied by MyMountainTown on topic Suggestion.
Hi,

Thank you so much for your input. I understand your concern completely. The only forums that are closed are the ones that have special rules. 'The ring' is not monitored very much (only for spam) so we need to keep that only for members. Connection junction has special rules because of the special nature of giving identification and if dating thread ends up on there we would like to keep the members safe from possible predators from other states and countries. I will go ahead and check to see if we inadvertently closed any other forums. Of course, will re think this but at this time we want to keep any identifiable information just for members and keep that safe from outside scammers. I apologize for any inconvenience. Does that help? We want to make this all inclusive and anyone is welcome to join and not post. But, let us think harder on it. Feel free to discuss it here.

Thanks so much for the input. We will look over what is closed at the moment and report back.

285 Bound Staff

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

21 May 2010 09:17 #3 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Suggestion.
I was torn on this issue. I can see both sides. I know there are some people who are looking for a great friendly site to come to. A refreshing change from all the negative energy at other sites. 'The Ring' is going to become a place that may get very heated and the language in there will not be monitored. If someone if just coming over to check it out and looks into 'The Ring' to see what that is all about, they may become offended before ever signing up with the site before giving it a chance.

On the flipside, I know many from another unmentioned site have been fighting for them to open a room like 'The Ring' where people could debate and argue freely about politics and other issues without fear of being banned or theri posts being deleted. So I know a few who have come over to check it out and I have told them about 'The Ring' and they said they can't see it. So I am not sure what is best here.

21 May 2010 09:24 #4 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Suggestion.
Thx for the explanation. Closing up a few of the forums does make sense.
I just love that the atmosphere is so inclusive and excepting here and I don't want to see that change.
I hate to see important links excluded from everyone who wants to drop by.
I don't want to feel that people feel they are being tricked into joining.
I completely understand the need to shelter some eyes from some forums.

21 May 2010 09:31 #5 by MyMountainTown
Hi,

Thanks bandbvh. I just checked and yes two other forums were closed to readers. Letters to the editor and the courthouse. (must have done that in the middle of the night when tired.) LOL We are so glad you brought it to our attention. At this time just "The Ring' and 'Introduction Junction' is closed to lurkers. We feel comfortable with that. But let me know what you think. As as been the topic for discussion lately with Facebook and their privacy issues, a benefit to a forum is anonymity. Signing up and not posting is completely acceptable. And you get a chance to win some groceries or a cup of coffee!! Just had to put that plug in. LOL

Anyway, thanks again and we will continue to think about this and watch what you have to say on the subject.

285 Bound Staff

720-608-0285

21 May 2010 10:00 #6 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Suggestion.
Ya know what I love about this site.....
That we can bring forth a suggestion, have an intelligent dialogue about it and come to a compromise or solution that meets everyone's needs.
OUTSTANDING!!!!!

21 May 2010 10:05 #7 by The Viking

bandbvh wrote: Ya know what I love about this site.....
That we can bring forth a suggestion, have an intelligent dialogue about it and come to a compromise or solution that meets everyone's needs.
OUTSTANDING!!!!!

I know! You would have been suspended, scolded :nono: or banned :banned: by now on another unmentioned site, for all the suggestion you have made!

21 May 2010 10:12 #8 by MyMountainTown

bandbvh wrote: Ya know what I love about this site.....
OUTSTANDING!!!!!

Appreciate that feedback too. We love good feedback and like to hear the stuff we can improve on. I do want to just touch on one other thing mentioned, we don't want anyone feeling that they are being tricked into registering. Not our intention in any way. We just have a couple forums that we would like to have closed and they shouldn't have many important links in them. Any links should always be visible in the open forums. Just 'The Ring' and "Introduction Junction" are the ones that guests cannot see.

The internet is very open and since this is a community website, we want to just have a few safety measures. Thanks again for all the input.

285 Bound Staff

720-608-0285

21 May 2010 10:14 #9 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Suggestion.
Thanks for the explanation! I was confused by the Courthouse being closed, but not willing to mention it - have to unlearn some of that past 'training'! lol

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

21 May 2010 10:18 #10 by The Viking

jf1acai wrote: Thanks for the explanation! I was confused by the Courthouse being closed, but not willing to mention it - have to unlearn some of that past 'training'! lol

Yes you can actually ask questions over here without being told to shut up or being made to feel stupid. It is so nice and relaxing to have adult conversations and discussions.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds