Moderation Discussion (moved from Courthouse)

16 Apr 2013 11:16 #11 by FOS
It shouldn't. The posts should be moved.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Apr 2013 11:21 #12 by Soulshiner
It sounds like those who want to have a discussion who agree with me is what you are saying.

Don't play the martyr when you are down in the mud as much as some of the posters you whine about. Everyone here has to deal with the posters who try to nail the "other" side. You play the game just like the posters you whine about.

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

16 Apr 2013 11:35 #13 by archer

frogger wrote:
and one more thing.....I think all these last posts should be moved to the ring where they belong so that those who want to have an intelligent discussion about this event can do so. JMO

There is a discussion in The Campfire on the explosions, perhaps you should go there if you find this discussion so distasteful.

16 Apr 2013 13:35 #14 by homeagain
I will post this one MORE time......it OFFENDS me to be treated like a child. Being put on probation,like a time out for a child,or admonished,as if I were a teen-ager OR BANNED because my view of life does NOT "blend" with a Mods POV......Pinecam has pissed off
enough INDEPENDENT thinkers and I believe they have migrated to 285Bound.

IF "homogenized" and sterile is what you (collectively) are striving for.......Pinecam is your destination. IF,on the other hand,you wish
to be challenged and made to think (that also INCLUDES the art of mitigating "put downs") then HERE is HOME......JMO

The RING is a valuable administrative tool.....it allows negative energy to be CONTAINED. JMO

16 Apr 2013 14:07 #15 by ScienceChic
Thank you Homeagain.

I apologize frogger, I wasn't trying to lecture, just explain the guiding principles by which this site works and it was meant for everyone. STDS and Soulshiner, this thread isn't about frogger and her feelings, she has a legitimate gripe about how she perceives customer service is being handled here on 285Bound and we take that very seriously. We want this site to be friendly and welcoming to everyone, a fun place to post and interact with your neighbors, share information and news, while balancing freedom of speech to include getting nasty if that's what you wish to do - we have a forum for nearly every topic to cater to anyone's interests for that very reason - even the Ring has a stated purpose, and it's not just to be used as a place to "send threads there to die" as I've seen it described - it's for those who want to take the gloves off and really get down and dirty or post raunchy stuff that has no place in public view for guests who happen by or for younger viewers - use it if you're comfortable with it, or avoid it if not, it's your choice, but it's there for you!

We have tools with which individual users can remove some of what they don't wish to see from other members, and we have administrative tools to use as well when an issue becomes large enough that it affects the whole board. We do our best to work with our members when there is an issue, and resolve it cooperatively before it gets to that point. We encourage dialog and feedback so we know when something is getting to be an issue for many, and we certainly wish to know when we can provide better service because that's what we're always striving to do - we do care if you are not getting the service that you feel you should be getting and we will do our best to remedy that. We want this site to become everyone's primary source for community news, events, and discussion because we believe that we offer better products, better service, and a better vision for this community.

Please feel free to post here in the Letters to The Editors anytime with questions or concerns, or send a PM to any of the admin nics or me directly - you will be heard, and we will do our best to make it right. All of you, the members, are what makes this forum great, and that's not a line of BS, it's the truth. You being here is a great gift, and I personally, and on behalf of the volunteers who help out here, thank you for the opportunity to serve you.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

16 Apr 2013 14:27 #16 by chickaree
I appreciate that ScienceChic treats us as adults. I don't want to see inappropriate posters banned. I'd like to see them ignored. If only intelligent, thoughtful, humorous posts were responded to, people would make the effort to make intelligent, thoughtful and humorous posts. To paraphrase a wise man, Be the poster you want to see on this board.

16 Apr 2013 15:31 #17 by Blazer Bob

Science Chic wrote: I personally, and on behalf of the volunteers who help out here, thank you for the opportunity to serve you.

Volunteers? You mean you do not make them pay? :angry:

Yea, I know. Worlds smallest :violin:

:biggrin:

16 Apr 2013 15:42 #18 by ScienceChic
Pay for the privilege to be used and abused (by me), loved and adored?! Naw - that's just a bonus! :biggrin:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

16 Apr 2013 17:21 #19 by FOS

16 Apr 2013 17:42 #20 by Soulshiner
Looks like with your whining and thin skin, you got your way.

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds