Moderation Discussion (moved from Courthouse)

16 Apr 2013 09:52 #1 by CinnamonGirl
Moderation Discussion (moved from Courthouse) was created by CinnamonGirl
Frogger, just skip the posts you think are not intelligent and quote a response to whatever you want to respond to.

Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace. Robert J. Sawyer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Apr 2013 10:03 #2 by FOS

CinnamonGirl wrote: Frogger, just skip the posts you think are not intelligent and quote a response to whatever you want to respond to.

Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace. Robert J. Sawyer

CG.....I am so tired of not being able to follow threads here or having to go to other forum to understand what the course of a conversation is. It is not my job to police trolls or abusive posters.
I keep trying to hang in here but the lack of action is growing tiresome.
People should be able to post their views without fear that they are repeatedly harassed or belittled as an entire group for what they believe.
It should be possible for adults to disagree without name calling.

Management has the tools to deal with trolls who repeatedly violate the requests of said management.
I would prefer the management utilize those tools as opposed to asking it's customer base to just ignore it all. That goes for all sides.

16 Apr 2013 10:07 - 16 Apr 2013 10:10 #3 by FOS
more importantly.....I don't enjoy being degraded every day of my life.
I have a choice.
If the problem can't be fixed....I will exercise that choice.
It is just that simple.
I have stuck around to say my piece which is more than many others have done.

edited to add....I will say it one more time. If a customer calls me and tells me they have a problem, I don't tell them to live with it. If I did....I would starve.

16 Apr 2013 10:10 #4 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Moderation Discussion (moved from Courthouse)
Frogger, that would be moderating Pinecam style. The posters are responsible for their views. Telling people what to say and how to post will be boring as hell. Note the mass exodus from "the study to the Courthouse after the founding of this site. I agree on the harassment but even then it's all subjective. This is a community site not a yoga site so there will be many different views and not everyone is going to agree. I am not really part of how this site moderates but seriously I have been there. Ignore it. Candyland is down the street, they would be glad to tell you what to say.

Just sayin.

16 Apr 2013 10:17 #5 by jf1acai
In the earlier days of this site, posters who refused to follow the expressed wishes of management were put into quarantine, and their posts released when/where deemed appropriate by management.

The site was a much more enjoyable place to visit then, IMO.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

16 Apr 2013 10:21 #6 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Moderation Discussion (moved from Courthouse)
Appropriate was never the issue back then.

16 Apr 2013 10:27 #7 by FOS
Well....it unfortunately seems to be now. geeez

16 Apr 2013 10:37 #8 by ScienceChic

CinnamonGirl wrote: Frogger, that would be moderating Pinecam style. The posters are responsible for their views. Telling people what to say and how to post will be boring as hell. Note the mass exodus from "the study to the Courthouse after the founding of this site. I agree on the harassment but even then it's all subjective. This is a community site not a yoga site so there will be many different views and not everyone is going to agree. I am not really part of how this site moderates but seriously I have been there. Ignore it. Candyland is down the street, they would be glad to tell you what to say.

Just sayin.

With great freedom comes great responsibility. If people want to be treated like adults, they have to accept the responsibility, and consequences, of their ability to freely post what they like - that's what this site is about. We've posted guidelines of content for each forum to help keep it organized, you can choose to follow them, or have posts moved to where they are more appropriate - it's not punishment, it's organization, and it's about making this an inviting place for new members and guests as well. The Ring is for personal insults and bashing, the Courthouse is for discussion and debate without that. You can get passionate about a topic without insulting the person to whom you are replying.

This site isn't like PC and the myriad of other blogs and websites that allow comments - we don't delete posts and we don't ban members. We move posts, and we do have a Q for those who can't or won't stop themselves after being asked multiple times. Not to punish people, but to protect this business. The responsibility is upon each and every one of us - we have the power to decide where our posts go, whether we have the will is another matter. :biggrin:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

16 Apr 2013 11:00 #9 by FOS
Personally....I am tired of the lectures.
You can only ask people to ignore for so long before they blow.I understand my responsibility here.
I am asking you to understand yours.
You have a Q that enables you to not ban and not delete anything.

and one more thing.....I think all these last posts should be moved to the ring where they belong so that those who want to have an intelligent discussion about this event can do so. JMO

16 Apr 2013 11:02 #10 by Something the Dog Said
Why does every thread become all about frogger and her feelings?

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds