Moderation Discussion (moved from Courthouse)

16 Apr 2013 21:06 #31 by archer
Moderate the board, and it dies, we already have one moderated board in the neighborhood.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Apr 2013 21:20 #32 by Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl wrote:

frogger wrote: Can I come over to your house Soulshiner and poop in your living room?

Well, that certainly added to the conversation. :splat:

Seriously, deflect all you want, Science Chick can defend her own business. Your business model as a ****** ******** needs a new marketing program. I need new ******, it is 23 years old. I will not choose your business. You want to poop on ** ******? Interesting marketing idea. Even my dog is not that crass, and she has spent the majority of her life in a mill. She knows better.
Really.
I must be missing your point

16 Apr 2013 21:39 #33 by FOS
Archer.... I have no intention of censoring my customers.
They are free to find this site on their own.
I just have no intention of directing them here in it's current state. (and unfortunately....I am in good company.)
I care very deeply about this site and it's owner.
I believe in this concept of community service.
Call me an optimist but I am not prepared to settle for. "the rest of the country works this way so I have to also."
This is our community and we can make it whatever we want it to be.
But more importantly.....this is SC's website and she is trying to run a business.
Let me say it one more time for you archer.....Everyone is free to go to the ring and post whatever they want....why do you have a problem with that?
Keep personal attacks there. Keep broad brushed attacks at entire religious, political or whatever group one hates there. LET people have a reasonable discussion elsewhere.
Sc is running out of tricks her her basket.
Ignore doesn't work.
Bob creates a forum to relieve some of the pressure and some complain about it before they even know how it will work. There is no censorship there. People are free to post whatever they like. If it gets ugly and detracts from the content, it is moved to the bit bucket. No deletions. No banning. No censorship yet people make fun of it and complain about it all the time. It's his forum. He can do what he likes but he does have a wish list of decorum.
You can keep swinging at me all you like but the only thing I am guilty of is saying out loud what so many more think.
As tenacious as I am, even I have my limits and I am tired of the daily personal attacks directed at anyone here. You can accuse me of whatever you like but if you go back through posts and read carefully.....you will find that the times I have gone of the ranch are related to a personal attack directed at me. I am reactionary.
So....we can talk about what everyone else is doing as a justification for hurting ourselves, our community, this website and SC or we can collectively decide to change.
I have made my choice.
Whats yours?

16 Apr 2013 21:45 #34 by jf1acai

Seriously jf1acai, do you expect the posters on this board to behave, or post, any different than the rest of this country? This isn't a 285Bound problem, this is a USA problem, the country is divided and so are we. As long as the government is populated with 2 parties that find keeping us hating each other is to their advantage.... And media whores go out of their way to foster the animosity towards the other "side", trying to get one small group of posters to play nice is an exercise in futility.

In other words (IMO), other people are id10ts, so it is all right for me to be an id10t too, regardless of what it may do to the owner of the site that I'm being an id10t on?

Other people break the traffic laws, so it is OK for me to do the same?

Moderate the board, and it dies, we already have one moderated board in the neighborhood.

Asking people to follow the guidelines provided when they joined the site is "moderation"?

I don't think so, I think it is simple courtesy.

I do not want to hurt this site, I want it to grow, because I think it has offered much in the past, and can offer much more in the future, with the assistance of the users of the site.

I simply do not understand why it seems to be (IMO) such a big deal for some users to follow the site guidelines, and post in the appropriate areas.

As far as I know, no one is asking you to refrain from posting profanity, or refrain from bashing others, the only request is to post that sort of thing in the appropriate area of the site, to make the site more friendly to all and to help the site owner.

Don't we all want to help the site grow so that it can help the community even more than it already has?

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

16 Apr 2013 22:17 #35 by archer
Spare me the self righteous babble....both of you. I didn't say that we have to behave the way everyone else does...only that if you ignore the reality of the world we live in, you will always be frustrated when you can't bend that world to your will....which both of you seem to think you have the right to do. I agree the ring is where the attacks should reside...in an ideal world/board.....but when the snark is started in the courthouse, the responses will be there too. I am so sick and tired of the righties on this board acting like they can do no wrong and acting like the lefties are the cause of all evil here. Since you made this personal jf1acai, if you go through my posts you will find precious little profanity, and I don't bash first....I respond to what others post, as I believe is the usual way that message boards work.

In a phrase....clean up you own house before you decide that mine is too dirty for your taste.....

16 Apr 2013 22:21 #36 by archer
Curious frogger that in one sentence you claim to want to help this site grow, but in the next you claim this site is not worth your even mentioning it to your customers because apparently they are too delicate to even take a look at it and decide for themselves if it is a board they would like to be a part of. With a friend like you, SC won't need any enemies....it also indicates that you think the likes of us here are not discerning enough to be your customer, yet lookie there.....YOU are here, and right in the thick of all the controversy you say you dislike. Very hard to reconcile that.

16 Apr 2013 22:30 #37 by Nobody that matters

archer wrote: I am so sick and tired of the righties on this board acting like they can do no wrong and acting like the lefties are the cause of all evil here..

I am so sick and tired of the lefties on this board acting like they can do no wrong and acting like the righties are the cause of all evil here.

I got so sick and tired of it, and the repetitive partisan posts, that I don't visit here very often anymore.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

16 Apr 2013 22:33 #38 by archer

Nobody that matters wrote:

archer wrote: I am so sick and tired of the righties on this board acting like they can do no wrong and acting like the lefties are the cause of all evil here..

I am so sick and tired of the lefties on this board acting like they can do no wrong and acting like the righties are the cause of all evil here.

I got so sick and tired of it, and the repetitive partisan posts, that I don't visit here very often anymore.

Nice try, but I don't think you will find the lefties here whining about being persecuted by the righties......not until the whole "why can't we all post like saints" posts from a few on the right.

16 Apr 2013 22:41 #39 by Nobody that matters

archer wrote:

Nice try, but I don't think you will find the lefties here whining about being persecuted by the righties......not until the whole "why can't we all post like saints" posts from a few on the right.

Bull crap. You're just a mirror image of the righties you love to hate.

The whole lot of you left/right extremists are gonna kill the forum.

Just keep doin what you're doin.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

16 Apr 2013 22:49 #40 by archer

archer wrote:

Bull crap. You're just a mirror image of the righties you love to hate.

The whole lot of you left/right extremists are gonna kill the forum.

Just keep doin what you're doin.

You're absolutely right....I admit that some posters here bring out the worst in me, I'm sorry I can't just say hey, have it your way I'll just take the attacks and turn the other cheek. I never did believe that you let people insult you or your friends without a fight.

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds