Tuition Free Arts Immersion Program for High School Students! Audition Soon

22 Feb 2016 16:19 #1 by PeakAcademyofDance
Dear Peak Families,

Calling all Jr. and Senior High School Students in our Mountain Community (grades 7-12)!

This year Peak piloted an arts pre-professional daytime school program. The program is designed as a hybrid on-line and site based education option to offer high-end arts education to communities through out Colorado. It is supported by the Summit Education Group, who plans to set up satellite locations statewide over the next few year. The academics are provided through Rocky Mountain Digital Academy and the Arts Based Curriculum is provided through Arts Immersion. Peak will be the 285 Corridor satellite and host the site based portion of the program. The program is tuition free!

The four girls who are piloting the program this year are truly immersed in their discipline. They spend 3 hours each day taking elective and core classes at the Peak satellite location. The remaining hours each day are spent working on additional core classes on-line. Classes such as Ballet Technique, Modern Technique, Choreography will count towards their graduation requirements as electives. Courses, such as Dance History, Anatomy and Kinesiology, will count as history and science core credits and can be used to fulfill graduation requirements. The educational set up has allowed the girls to go to outside performances, work with professional companies and experience guest artists. Along side their daytime school work, they are requested (highly encouraged) to participate in after-school programs taking additional courses and getting performance experience.

Next year we will be able to offer this type of education in four different areas: Dance Arts, Circus Arts, Theater Arts and Film Arts. Students begin by choosing a Major and Auditioning. We will have the Dance Arts and Circus Arts Auditions on Saturday, February 27th from 1:00-4:00 at Peak and the following weekend on Saturday, March 5th we will have the Theater Arts and Film Arts Auditions from 1:00-4:00. This year we will be able to take students grades 7-12th and next year we will be able to take students grades 6-12th.

We will be the first satellite in the state to pilot all four arts disciplines and we are very excited to take on the challenge. This type of opportunities allows students from all over our mountain community to get a specialized education at a young age to help launch their professional careers. I am honored and excited to be helping to facilitate such amazing education for our mountain students.

I have included a flyer which shows the requirements for the auditions along with the after school suggested activities.
Please let me know if you can pass this information onto people within our community, I will provide the flyers!
Thank you so much for any help you can give,
Danielle

File Attachment:

File Name: 863308349_...lyer.pdf
File Size:255 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: 863324449_...sPDF.pdf
File Size:85 KB

Follow your passion, Lead your Generation! A blended arts middle and high school for passionate students interested in graduating with an arts emphasis in Dance, Theatre, Film or Circus Arts.

Offering a wide range of dynamic classes to the Front Range Mountain Community and Beyond.
www.peakdance.com/
26437 Conifer Rd, Conifer CO 80433
Phone: 303.838.5556
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Like us on Facebook!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds