No charges by DA on deputy party, lack of evidence - Flume

15 Apr 2011 11:34 #1 by Flume editor
Eleventh Judicial District Attorney Thom LeDoux said he will not be filing charges connected with a Dec. 27 party hosted by sheriff's deputies where a minor was intoxicated. LeDoux said he had found insufficient evidence that a law was broken at the party. A redacted version of the internal affairs investigation report from the Park County Sheriff's Office is on The Flume's Web site. Details in this week's Flume.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Apr 2011 16:02 #2 by MamaRama
What the "MINOR" wasn't DRUNK ENOUGH?? Either she was DRUNK or not, really it's NOT that tough to figure it out.. AMAZING Now I suppose everybody will be allowing "Drunk Minors" at their parties....

15 Apr 2011 18:58 #3 by noneya BIZ
What a way to run a LEGAL SYSTEM. Right into the SH---er!!!

15 Apr 2011 21:07 #4 by jf1acai

To whitewash is a metaphor meaning to gloss over or cover up vices, crimes or scandals or to exonerate by means of a perfunctory investigation or through biased presentation of data.[1] It is especially used in the context of corporations, governments or other organizations.

Source

Fits perfectly, IMO.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

16 Apr 2011 07:44 #5 by V_A
Monday morning QB's that don't know the law nor did they participated in the investigation. By damn, something awful happened & I'm going to complain.

Check out http://drinkingage.procon.org/view.reso ... eID=002591 maybe this will help the haters understand the laws.

How many of the complainers drank as minors or allowed their own child to have a drink?

16 Apr 2011 08:52 #6 by Pony Soldier
How many people have been hauled off to court and convicted of felonies for much less. Guess it helps to have friends in the right places.

16 Apr 2011 11:20 #7 by noneya BIZ
It's not who you know, It's the PICTURE's you have...... :biggrin: You know the ones of WHOMEVER in a compromising position or TWO.

16 Apr 2011 12:05 #8 by Pony Soldier

Manna Pro wrote: Monday morning QB's that don't know the law nor did they participated in the investigation. By damn, something awful happened & I'm going to complain.

Check out http://drinkingage.procon.org/view.reso ... eID=002591 maybe this will help the haters understand the laws.

How many of the complainers drank as minors or allowed their own child to have a drink?

I think that you are confused. It's not the lack of finding that people are upset about, its the obvious double standard that exists. If you don't think this getting tossed out is a bunch of BS, then you don't know anything about this case. (I guess there is one other possibility.)

16 Apr 2011 17:58 #9 by V_A
providing alcohol to a minor is not a felony

Can you provide examples where someone has been charged with a felon, taken to jail and convicted of said felon for less than an officer witnessing a minor intoxicated at a party? Doubtful, I think your just drumming up BS without any facts.

16 Apr 2011 19:35 #10 by V_A

towermonkey wrote: If you don't think this getting tossed out is a bunch of BS, then you don't know anything about this case. (I guess there is one other possibility.)

what do you know about the case that is not printed in the Flume or available via the investigation report?

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds