Jeffco Planning & Zoning: Conifer Plan Update Meeting

18 Jan 2015 18:38 - 15 Feb 2016 13:16 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
The next Conifer Plan update meeting has been scheduled for Tuesday, February 3, 2015. It will be at the Conifer Community Church, 9998 S. Havekost Road in the Fellowship Hall. The meeting starts at 6:30pm. Future meetings have also been scheduled for every 1st Tuesday of the month until July.

This will be a fun meeting! We will get into the land use recommendations by looking at the Village Centers – the current land use recommendations and some ideas for potential changes in those areas. Village Centers are areas where more intense development, such as commercial or higher density residential, is appropriate. In the Conifer Area Plan, there are currently two Village Centers – the Aspen Park/Conifer Village Center and the Pine Junction Village Center.

Attached are maps of the centers, so that you can get an idea of their locations and existing Plan recommendations. The purple outline with the numbers are the current Plan recommendations. The black line in the Conifer Plan boundary line. This information is overlaid on top of the parcel lines and assessor’s information on current land uses. As a note, the current land uses do not indicate current zoning (i.e. potential uses), but how the land is currently used. I will have that information and other maps showing various features in each village center on-line next week and also at the February 3rd meeting.

At the meeting, Staff will give a brief overview of what Village Centers are and the goals behind designating these Centers. Then Staff has some ideas for potential changes that we will share at the meeting, but they are just ideas at this point. We want to hear from the community before making any changes in the first draft of the revised Conifer Plan. Staff’s proposed changes will also be posted on-line closer to the meeting and, as always, you are welcome to send or email me your comments.

Thanks!

Heather Gutherless, AICP
Senior Planner
Jefferson County Planning and Zoning

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
303-271-8716
100 Jefferson County Parkway, #3550
Golden, CO 80419

For previous information on this effort, please see our Conifer Community Plan Survey, Open Until June 30th and Conifer Community Plan Meeting #2 Video and Handouts topics.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Feb 2015 08:08 - 03 Feb 2015 08:08 #2 by Mountain-News-Events
What do you think about changing the current commercial centers to zoning for mixed use so developers could remodel to create apartment or condo-style dwellings above retail stores in Aspen Park Village and/or the Pine Junction Village Center? Do you have any other ideas for land use? If so, then please attend the next Jeffco Planning and Zoning Meeting for the Conifer Community Master Plan Revision tonight at Conifer Community Church.

Thank you for offering your time and input - it's vital to ensure that the area is developed with residents' desires taken into consideration and they can't do that if we don't participate!

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

16 Feb 2015 16:35 - 16 Feb 2015 21:52 #3 by MyMountainTown
This is your reminder that the next Conifer Master Plan Community Meeting covering the Pine Junction area specifically is March 3rd at 6:30pm at Elk Creek Elementary. Future meetings have also been scheduled for every 1st Tuesday of the month until July.

From Heather Gutherless:

Hi! Thank you to everyone that attended the meeting on February 3 to talk about the Aspen Park Village Center. We had a great turnout! Please remember to send or email me any comments you had on staff’s concepts for changes. I only received a few handouts back at the meeting, but I know lots of people had comments.

The next meeting will focus on the Pine Junction Village Center and will be on March 3 from 6:30-8:30pm at the Elk Creek Elementary School. We will be in the cafeteria. My presentation will focus on the Pine Junction potential changes, however, we will have one table set up with a small amount of Aspen Park – Conifer Village Center information and you are welcome to come ask questions about that if you missed the February 3 meeting.

Because of the awesome turnout at the last meeting, there was also a shortage of handouts. I apologize for that. Here is a link to the main Conifer Plan update page where those documents are located - jeffco.us/planning-and-zoning/plan-regul...r-285-corridor-area/ - and below are links to each of the documents at the meeting. Please let me know if you have any trouble accessing or printing any of the documents.

Aspen Park – Conifer Info

Aspen Park-Conifer Potential Changes Questions - jeffco.us/amandaItoI/PublicDocs/Comprehe...Park%20questions.pdf

Aspen Park - External Boundary Changes Map - jeffco.us/amandaItoI/PublicDocs/Comprehe...%20for%20meeting.pdf

Aspen Park - Internal changes Map -http://jeffco.us/amandaItoI/PublicDocs/Comprehensive%20Plans/14-111379CH-%20Conifer-285%20Corridor%20Plan/2.%20Maps/Aspen%20Park%20Maps/AP%20internal%20boundary%20changes%20for%20meeting.pdf

Pine Junction Info

Pine Junction Potential Changes Questions - jeffco.us/amandaItoI/PublicDocs/Comprehe...tion%20questions.pdf

Pine Junction – Potential Changes Map - jeffco.us/amandaItoI/PublicDocs/Comprehe...%20for%20meeting.pdf

If you are unable to attend the meetings, you are welcome to review the information on-line and email me any comments you have. Please submit comments by March 27, 2015.

Thank you for your help on this update!

Heather Gutherless, AICP
Senior Planner

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
303-271-8716
Golden, CO 80419

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

02 Mar 2015 15:08 - 02 Mar 2015 15:16 #5 by MyMountainTown
A reminder that the next Conifer Master Plan Update Community Meeting is tomorrow night at Elk Creek Elementary at 6:30pm in the cafeteria. This meeting will cover the Pine Junction Village Center current and possible zoning changes. Now is the time to share your thoughts on how you would like to see development carefully planned for the future.

Feedback from this and the previous meeting are requested by March 27th, sooner if possible. All of the maps about the Aspen Park Village Center are in the previous posts. Below are the ones not uploaded to the Jeffco Planning & Zoning website as they are conceptualized drawings commissioned by the Conifer Area Council. These are only concepts, and are put together by the Conifer Area Council - they are not official, absolute, or even what is being proposed by Jefco Planning & Zoning - they are included to give ideas of what future improvement in Aspen Park could look like to help visualize some potential improvements and how they would fit. As such, please consider them as if each scenario were possible and what pros and cons could you see with each base don your real-life experiences traveling through this area. What do you like or not like? Are there any suggestions you have to add, or remove. What do you think of the one-way street proposals? The community playground, skate park, etc?

There are 15 images in all - an overview, then 4 different plans. In order to show sufficient detail without uploading to large of files, each plan is shown as a whole sheet, then zoomed in to show the top and bottom halves in greater detail.

Overall Analysis:

Plan 1:

Plan 2:

720-608-0285

02 Mar 2015 15:10 #6 by MyMountainTown

720-608-0285

02 Mar 2015 15:31 #7 by MyMountainTown
This was the email from Heather Gutherless on Feb 13th. All future community plan update meetings will occur on the 1st Tuesday of every month through at least July.

Hi! Thank you to everyone that attended the meeting on February 3 to talk about the Aspen Park Village Center. We had a great turnout! Please remember to send or email me any comments you had on staff’s concepts for changes. I only received a few handouts back at the meeting, but I know lots of people had comments.

The next meeting will focus on the Pine Junction Village Center and will be on March 3 from 6:30-8:30pm at the Elk Creek Elementary School. We will be in the cafeteria. My presentation will focus on the Pine Junction potential changes, however, we will have one table set up with a small amount of Aspen Park – Conifer Village Center information and you are welcome to come ask questions about that if you missed the February 3 meeting.

Because of the awesome turnout at the last meeting, there was also a shortage of handouts. I apologize for that. Here is a link to the main Conifer Plan update page where those documents are located - jeffco.us/planning-and-zoning/plan-regul...r-285-corridor-area/ - and below are links to each of the documents at the meeting. Please let me know if you have any trouble accessing or printing any of the documents.

<snip - listed in previous post>

If you are unable to attend the meetings, you are welcome to review the information on-line and email me any comments you have. Please submit comments by March 27, 2015.

Thank you for your help on this update!

Heather Gutherless, AICP
Senior Planner

303-271-8716
Golden, CO 80419

720-608-0285

03 Apr 2015 17:41 #8 by Mountain-News-Events
From Heather Gutherless:

Hi – Next Tuesday, April 7 is the next Conifer/285 Corridor Area Plan update meeting. Conifer Community Church, Fellowship Hall, 9998 Havekost Rd., Conifer, CO, 6:30 – 8:30pm.

Hazards, specifically the Wildfire policies, will be the focus. Since the review of the existing Conifer policies against the Comprehensive Master Plan policies has been completed, I am forwarding to you several documents so that you could look at them prior to the meeting if you wanted. Here’s what is attached:

· Hazards Policies CMP changes 4-7-15 – These are the existing hazards policies in the Comprehensive Master Plan and the proposed changes to them shown in red or blue.

· Hazards Conifer Pre-draft 4-7-15 – This shows the policies that staff determined were specific to the Area. Remember the policies in this chapter are not the only policies that will be reviewed when a development proposal comes in. Staff also looks at all of the policies in the Comprehensive Master Plan (which is the first document attached.)

· Hazards Policy Comparison – Conifer – This document shows how staff developed the first two documents. It lists all of the current hazards policies in the Conifer Plan now and shows how they compare with the current policies in the Comprehensive Master Plan or current regulations.

At the meeting on the 7th, we will be focusing in on the Wildfire Hazard Policies specifically, both in the Comprehensive Master Plan and the Conifer Plan.

I hope to see you at the meeting but, as always, if you are unable to make the meeting, you are encouraged to review the attached documents and send me any comments that you have. What we are most interested in is whether there are any policies in the existing Conifer Plan that we determined were covered by the existing Comprehensive Master Plan policies, that maybe there is a nuance to that isn’t quite covered.

Please let me know if you have any questions or bring them to the meeting. Thanks!

Heather Gutherless, AICP
Senior Planner

303-271-8716
Golden, CO 80419

File Attachment:

File Name: HazardPoli...7-15.pdf
File Size:78 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: HazardsCon...7-15.pdf
File Size:50 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: HazardsPol...ifer.pdf
File Size:139 KB

Attachments:

23 Apr 2015 16:17 #9 by Mountain-News-Events
From Jeffco Planning & Zoning:

Hi Everyone!

This is a reminder that the next Conifer/285 Corridor Area Plan update meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, May 5 from 6:30pm to 8:30pm at the Conifer Community Church, 9998 Havekost Road in Conifer.

The topic will be Water. This is a big issue up in the mountains, and especially in the Conifer area because most properties are served by a well and septic system. We will be going through the existing Comprehensive Master Plan policies and how those relate to the existing Conifer Plan policies. Since the Conifer Plan was last updated, the County adopted the Mountain Ground Water Overlay District (MGWOD). This district contains regulations requiring additional information from property owners that are going through a County process to build something that is served by well and septic in the mountains. The adoption of this District may address some of the existing Conifer Plan’s water policies. The County Geologist will be there to talk more about the District and the Water Availability Analysis (WAA) that is now required during the rezoning process.

I will have the staff’s proposal for what the new Conifer Water chapter will look like for the meeting. If I get it done prior to the meeting, I will email it out. Attached are the existing Water Policies from both the Conifer Plan and the Comprehensive Master Plan.

Hope to see you there! Let me know if you have any questions.

Heather Gutherless, AICP
Senior Planner

303-271-8716
Golden, CO 80419

Attachments:

04 May 2015 15:51 #10 by Mountain-News-Events
Reminder: the next Conifer Community Plan Meeting is tomorrow night at 6:30pm at Conifer Community Church.

Time to create page: 0.421 seconds