Obama: Think About A Trade-In

08 Apr 2011 15:42 #21 by Nmysys
Who knew you would respond for SC???

You could hear the surprise in my voice!!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Apr 2011 15:49 #22 by kresspin
Who knew you were going to respond with a couple of parroted catch-phrases?

WE ALL DID.

08 Apr 2011 16:01 #23 by Nmysys
I seem to remember, I think it was yesterday, or maybe the day before, when YOU responded that the forum was for DEBATE!!!! How about giving me just one real argument on any of the points I made instead of just your usual scoffing elite attitude. I guess you were too busy typing to read the article I posted after it, that showed that Al Qaeda is doing exactly what I was explaining.

I guess you were too busy with your smart ass remarks instead of reading it. Oh well!!! what should I expect from you???

08 Apr 2011 18:03 #24 by Blazer Bob

kresspin wrote: The problem is, fellas, there's nobody to trade into. All you can do is complain about Obama without having an alternative.

Is that the dem argument? We elected someone with no experience that has proved he cannot do the job, but give him another four years because we will mock any r who runs against him.

08 Apr 2011 18:06 #25 by ScienceChic

Nmysys wrote:

Why? Not all camel riders are Muslim and there are plenty of Muslim women who don't wear veils. Chill with the stereotyping.

Let me see if you and I can get this whole picture together so you can see where I was going with that statement.

IMO there is an underlying theme to everything that has been going on for the last over two years. You won't buy into it until it is too late, but I am going to lay it out anyway. You have read probably most of the threads over this last year. We have made claims that Obama is actually a Muslim. You do realize he was raised as one at least while he lived in Indonesia. He has proven to be against our strongest ally in the Middle East, Israel. He basically ordered Mubarak to step down, and has now jumped into a third war, in Libya. All of these efforts have had a destabilizing effect in the Middle East, allowing Iran to gain the power lost when we toppled Saddam Hussein. Instead of stopping their Nuclear Arms program, he said he would sit down with them and show them we are good people, and then did nothing. He bowed to the Saudi King. In Libya we are arming the rebels and it is rumored that many of them are Al Quaeda. We have argued on here about the attempt to build a Mosque at Ground Zero in N.Y.C. Meanwhile we are changing things in this country and allowing the Muslims to get even stronger here in the USA. All of this will eventually lead to IMO a takeover here in this country with Sharia law, and then, you will see that the only transportation available will be the camels, and you will have to abide by this Sharia law and wear the veil that I mentioned. That is my prediction of what is happening in this country and the world. I know you will not agree and give me all of your Liberal responses. Go ahead, your turn.

Nope, not gonna give you all my responses, because we will just continue to disagree. Instead, I'd like you to chew on some food for thought, which will require time. I'm going to go big picture: methinks that much of the protests against the growing numbers of Muslims, and even the coming minority status of whites in this country, is triggered by feelings of fear at the impending unknown of what that might mean for the balance of power and is kicking in preservation instincts - fight or flight. I see the Republicans stepped-up efforts at implementing their social agenda, marginalizing science, limiting the EPA, defunding Planned Parenthood, unfettered growth of the DOD, concentrating wealth and power in the upper echelon, restricting unions, and passing laws to allow creationism to be taught in science classes, as the outward manifestations of said fears; they are attempting to treat the symptoms and not the causes of their fears. (The Dems just seem to be clueless, and continue to spinelessly pander to corporate interests). How about a new paradigm? Learning from those not like you, acceptance, realizing that they bring both strengths and weaknesses, and agreeing that cooperation benefits all. Most Muslims are not at war with us, and the growing Hispanic population has yet to present a tangible threat.

Nmysys, do you seriously think that Americans would be so weak and stupid as to allow sharia law to overtake our way of life? We value our freedoms above all, and we're armed to the teeth - they ain't gonna take over by direct force. By subtly infiltrating our infrastructure and changing laws to benefit them? By increasing our fear so that we continue to let the federal government take more and more of our freedoms? The direction this country has been moving has been to increase power and influence toward the upper class - those who have a vested interest in keeping this country the same way it is now...

(And even if they did take over, they ain't importing camels here. They use cars too, you know...)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

08 Apr 2011 18:18 #26 by kresspin

neptunechimney wrote:

kresspin wrote: The problem is, fellas, there's nobody to trade into. All you can do is complain about Obama without having an alternative.

Is that the dem argument? We elected someone with no experience that has proved he cannot do the job, but give him another four years because we will mock any r who runs against him.

I can't answer about a "Dem argument. All I can do is give you my argument.

Bush left Obama with the greatest national financial crisis since the Great Depression. Even Bush himself (who signed TARP) said if the money wasn't spent, we were going to go into another great depression.

I'm not sure what you think would have happened without the bailouts -- both sides of the aisle clearly believed they were needed to avoid a depression. What has Obama done to make you think he can not do the job? Where do you think we'd be now without the bailouts? We didn't GIVE them money. We LENT them money. I don't know of anybody that thinks they could have done this better to stave off a great depression. It was uncharted water for everyone. If McCain had won, being a Bush protege, he would have continued the Bush bailouts, kept the two wars going "for honor", kept Gitmo open and fallen asleep alot at meetings.

Obama managed to pass health care reform, which had been talked about for decades and never managed to pass -- even Clinton failed at it. Obama succeeded where others failed.

Obama will have four years experience on the job as president, which is four more than any other candidate will have. He is the Commander in Chief in a time of multiple wars. His second term is his for the losing. Nothing except rhetoric says otherwise.

As for mocking anyone who runs against him, there's nobody to mock. But mocking comes from both sides, doesn't it?

When it's all said and done, the people of this great nation will decide. If Obama is re-elected, as I suspect -- based on history -- your side will spend the next four years complaining about how he "stole" the election.

08 Apr 2011 20:59 #27 by outdoor338
Really, obama will win.. :Koolaid: not a chance...bush..bush, is he still president?? Or are you so confident that obama can't lead this county you default to bush..seems like you really thought he was a great president, cause you lib's sure like to talk about him, after obama has destroyed this great nation, the lib nation will die..we just need to vote the likes of obama out of office..2012 will be interesting for sure! :thumbsup:

08 Apr 2011 21:21 #28 by Obam me
Replied by Obam me on topic Obama: Think About A Trade-In

Most Muslims are not at war with us,

Seriously?

and Most of them never spoke out against the evil perpetrated on America!

Everything I learned about muslims I learned on 9/11...

08 Apr 2011 22:14 #29 by major bean
Science Chic, please name only ONE muslim country in which it would be divine to live. Just ONE. Consider the attitude against women, the place of women, women's lack of power, women's lack of basic human rights, women's lack of marital rights. Also consider the economy, culture, weather, transportation, communication, etc.
(And please remember that you cannot say "U.S. of A." because it is not a muslim country. Nor is Britain, France, Austria, Germany, etc.)

Regards,
Major Bean

08 Apr 2011 22:22 #30 by kresspin

outdoor338 wrote: Really, obama will win.. :Koolaid: not a chance...bush..bush, is he still president?? Or are you so confident that obama can't lead this county you default to bush..seems like you really thought he was a great president, cause you lib's sure like to talk about him, after obama has destroyed this great nation, the lib nation will die..we just need to vote the likes of obama out of office..2012 will be interesting for sure! :thumbsup:

Please enlighten us who you think the next President of the United States will be? Who are you supporting? Or will it just be anyone that has an R in front of their name, regardless of what they stand for?

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds