Obama: Think About A Trade-In

08 Apr 2011 22:32 #31 by Obam me
Replied by Obam me on topic Obama: Think About A Trade-In

major bean wrote: Science Chic, please name only ONE muslim country in which it would be divine to live. Just ONE. Consider the attitude against women, the place of women, women's lack of power, women's lack of basic human rights, women's lack of marital rights. Also consider the economy, culture, weather, transportation, communication, etc.
(And please remember that you cannot say "U.S. of A." because it is not a muslim country. Nor is Britain, France, Austria, Germany, etc.)

And SC, while you're at it, name ONE muslim country in which you could wear those Japanese Jeans?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Apr 2011 22:34 #32 by major bean
kresspin, since you are a conservative, please let us know who you prefer as president.

Regards,
Major Bean

08 Apr 2011 22:41 #33 by kresspin
I've already said: Mike Huckabee.

08 Apr 2011 22:43 #34 by Obam me
Thinking those Japanese jeans just don't qualify...

Praise be to Allah.

Muslim woman have to wear clothes that will conceal the body and her ‘awrah, by wearing clothes that do not show the skin, as see-though clothes do, and do not show the shape of the body, as tight clothes do. Pants or trousers are clothes that show the shape of a woman’s body and ‘awrah, so for this reason it is not permissible for women to wear pants, unless she wears over them a wide or loose shirt.

One of the aims of Islam is protect people’s ‘awrahs and avoid uncovering them, because taking this matter lightly is one of the means of falling into that which Allah has forbidden, namely zina (fornication, adultery) and the things that lead to it.

The Muslim woman has to adhere to the Islamic etiquette in the way she dresses, moves and speaks.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies”

[al-Ahzaab 33:59]

“And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer palms of hands or one eye or dress like veil, gloves, headcover, apron), and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms) and not to reveal their adornment … And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allaah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful”

[al-Noor 24:31]
http://islamgreatreligion.wordpress.com ... -in-islam/

08 Apr 2011 22:49 #35 by Obam me

Learning from those not like you, acceptance, realizing that they bring both strengths and weaknesses, and agreeing that cooperation benefits all.

Out of curiosity, what things about the muslims do YOU want to accept? In your opinion, what are their strengths? And pray tell what would you be willing to cooperate (i.e. compromise) with them on?

08 Apr 2011 22:53 #36 by major bean

kresspin wrote: I've already said: Mike Huckabee.

Huckabee is for open borders. As governor, he wanted to give free college scholarships to all illegals.

Huckabee is a liberal "tax and spender". He hiked Arkansas state spending 65.3% from 1996 to 2004.
While he was the governor of Arkansas the number of state employees increased over 20% and Arkansas' general obligation debt rose by almost $1 billion

The only thing conservative about Huckabee is his rhetoric. He is like Clinton; be a conservative when it serves you.

Regards,
Major Bean

09 Apr 2011 00:21 #37 by ScienceChic
major bean and Trouble. You're doing it again. Instead of focusing on your fears of where this country is going and that you feel powerless about it, you turn it around and focus on the symptoms or inconsequentials like what jeans I can wear or whether I think there's a perfect country on this earth (hint: there isn't - they are all populated with flawed human beings, there is corruption in every one of them, to varying extents, and crime, etc). Get over the strawman arguments.

So let's indulge, as I know you aren't ever going to consider the implications of the big picture that I attempted to discuss earlier.

While I wouldn't do it, because I prefer to be respectful of other cultures' major customs when in their lands, I could wear those jeans in Istanbul.
http://www.cnrif.com/content/en_index.asp

If everything that you learned about Muslims you learned on 9/11 then you are a crappy student. That's like saying that everything you learned about biology you learned by taking one course in college and proclaiming yourself an expert.

What customs of Muslims do I admire and accept, see as their strengths? Their diligence to intent (ritual prayer is intended to focus the mind on God, and is seen as a personal communication with him that expresses gratitude and worship, their deep respect toward their places of worship (you don't see them walking into a mosque with baseball caps on, wearing dirty clothes, talking loudly, or speaking irreverently while in a house of worship), their silent acceptance of hardship/sacrifice (when's the last time you saw a Christian American agree to not eat from dawn to dusk for a month without whining like a bitch?), and their requirement of charitable giving from those who can afford it to those who cannot. The majority of Muslims whom I have met and gotten to know are mostly humble people, reverential to God, and respectful to others. Notice I said majority. And of those whom I have met. So stop right there if you're about to launch into a lecture saying that I'm saying they are all like that.

What are their weaknesses? They rely too much on a rigid religious code, written in a time much different from now, and haven't learned to adapt and grow as easily as other cultures and religions. Their diligence can turn to obsessiveness, their deep respect of places of worship be twisted into quick hatred toward those they perceive as being disrespectful of the religion they revere so highly. Their acceptance of their hardship, and forced endurance of a painful custom, can fester and blacken their hearts toward those who require no such sacrifice, make them see others as weak. Being forced to give to charity instead of it being voluntary can lessen the goodwill felt in one's heart at the good deed done.

In order to cooperate and understand one another, it would take much dialog and comprehension of where each comes from, why we do the things we do, and what we want out of life. Our goals are the same - live a happy, productive life, provide the best for our children, protect them from harm.

Now, I've answered your questions. Please return the favor and answer the same ones yourselves.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

09 Apr 2011 05:14 #38 by kresspin

major bean wrote:

kresspin wrote: I've already said: Mike Huckabee.

Huckabee is for open borders. As governor, he wanted to give free college scholarships to all illegals.

Huckabee is a liberal "tax and spender". He hiked Arkansas state spending 65.3% from 1996 to 2004.
While he was the governor of Arkansas the number of state employees increased over 20% and Arkansas' general obligation debt rose by almost $1 billion

The only thing conservative about Huckabee is his rhetoric. He is like Clinton; be a conservative when it serves you.

You should get your "facts" from someone other that Michelle Malkin:

http://www.mikehuckabee.com/index.cfm?F ... ssues.Home

Truth Squad: Immigration Facts

- The Governor opposes and will never allow amnesty.

- Governor Huckabee believes that securing our borders must be our top priority and has reached the level of a national emergency.

- The Governor supports the $3 billion the Senate has voted for border security. This money will train and deploy 23,000 more agents, add four drone planes, build 700 miles of fence and 300 miles of vehicle barriers, and put up 105 radar and camera towers.

- In this age of terror, illegal immigration is not only an economic issue, but also a national security issue.

- Governor Huckabee opposed the amnesty bill that was attempted to be rushed through Congress this summer, and opposed the misnamed DREAM Act, which would have put us on the slippery slope to amnesty for all.

- Governor Huckabee opposes and will not tolerate sanctuaries for illegals.

- Governor Huckabee opposes giving driver’s licenses to those who are illegally in our country and supports legislation to prevent states from doing so.

- Governor Huckabee believes illegal aliens who try to vote or try to apply for welfare benefits should be arrested.

- Governor Huckabee will stop punishing cities which try to enforce our laws and protect the economic well-being, physical safety, and quality of life of our citizens.

- Governor Huckabee opposes and will not tolerate employers who hire illegals. They must be punished with fines and penalties so large that they will see it is not worth the risk or profitable.

- Governor Huckabee opposes the economic integration of North America that would create open borders among the United States, Canada, and Mexico.

- Governor Huckabee will never yield one inch of American sovereignty.

- Governor Huckabee will take our country back for those who belong here. No open borders, no amnesty, no sanctuary, no false Social Security numbers, no driver’s licenses for illegals.

It has been reported that Mike Huckabee supported benefits for illegals immigrants while he was Governor of Arkansas.

Governor Huckabee never supported benefits for illegal immigrants. In Arkansas, illegal immigrants do not receive welfare benefits or food stamps. Governor Huckabee has always, and will always be supportive of the laws and regulations of the country.

It has also been said that Mike Huckabee was in favor of providing college scholarships for illegal immigrants while he was Governor.

The governor only supported the measure that applied to those who met the academic qualifications and applied for legal citizenship.
The measure didn’t pass. Governor Huckabee stressed that any student would simply be treated as any other graduate of an Arkansas High School, and not given any special consideration.

Critics say that Governor Huckabee’s motives behind opening a Mexican consulate office in Little Rock was to court illegals to come work in Arkansas.

The Mexican consulate provided Arkansas businesses with access to Mexico and opportunities to expand their markets, and would help further ensure that immigrants from Mexico are legal and better able to secure legal documentation. At the same time, the office would open up opportunities for Mexican investors to invest money with Arkansas partners, which would help create more jobs in the state.

Arkansas Democrat-Gazette gives Huckabee credit for spearheading "one of the largest tax cuts in Arkansas history," an income-tax cut that amounted to $90.6 million in one year alone. Hardly the work of a "tax and spend" liberal.

Hey Big Spender

Huckabee's critics, however, have done some exaggerating of their own. That press release from former Tennessee Sen. Thompson accuses Huckabee of more than doubling state spending, from $6.6 billion to $16.1 billion at the end of 2006. But those numbers aren't correct. When we talked to Mike Stormes, the administrator of the Office of Budget for the state of Arkansas, we discovered a different story. In fact, after adjusting for inflation, we found that spending in fiscal year 1998 (the first budget for which Huckabee was responsible) was actually $10.4 billion, while spending at the end of 2006 was $15.6 billion. That’s a big increase, but it’s a far cry from doubling state spending.

It’s worth noting, too, that Huckabee, despite facing a $200 million shortfall in 2002, ended his term with a surplus of $844.5 million. A billion dollar turnaround is, we think, a noteworthy accomplishment.

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008 ... ecord.html

But, as I asked before, Major Bean .. who is YOUR preferred conservative candidate to face Obama? Or, do you even have one? You've never mentioned one.

09 Apr 2011 06:28 #39 by Mayhem
[youtube:3sjfh4ww]
[/youtube:3sjfh4ww]

09 Apr 2011 07:26 #40 by Nmysys
SC:

Talking about big pictures, let's elaborate. We all know you are and wish to be tolerant. But tolerance of something that you know so little of can end up being extremely harmful. This situation we have been discussing is nothing something that is or will happen over night. It is much more insidious than that. This is not assimilation as you would like to see it occur, it is a slow all encompassing take-over. The Muslim Hordes want to rule the world. I know, you will mock that because you believe that the Muslim people in general are a peaceful people. The problem is that you are only seeing that part that they wish for you to see. There are two faces of the Muslim World. It has been discussed before, but maybe I should remind you, that the Koran tells them that they Can and Should lie to Non-believers. It is alright to be deceitful to those who do not believe as they do, because the End Justifies the Means.

Yes, I believe that ultimately Sharia Law will be imposed on this country. There are already signs of it. A judge ruled that Sharia Law can be applied to a particular case, just two weeks ago here in this country. That sets a precedence! Look at Europe. Look at France and the U.K. and the Netherlands and see what the encroaching problem has become. We can't sit here and think that we are immune to this problem no matter how much we want to be immune, or think that it can't happen here. We have to be pro-active or it will get to be as big a problem here as it is there.

It is a wonderful thing that Liberals have, a feel good attitude. You all believe because you tell yourselves that you are tolerant, that you are doing the right thing. And the truth is that in many cases over the past decades that has worked and proven to be right, but not in a case where we are in a clash of civilizations. This has been going on forever, and this time they do not plan to lose. They are taking their time about it and slowly but surely they are encroaching on the world.

You can talk about respecting them because you believe they are devout in their faith, and in the places they want you to believe they are peaceful, you read it, and believe it. I say, open your eyes. This isn't about science, it is about reality.

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds