The Ring

10 Apr 2011 20:21 #21 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic The Ring
Baileyboy (or Babyboy, I like that! :wink: ) occasionally posts something that is actually worth reading, but like a few others his posts are, IMO, mostly intended to denigrate other members, and create as much havoc and work for the site administration as possible.

However, I like the fact that this site allows him to proceed with his BS (within the terms of the TOS), and allows the users to make their own decisions regarding whether to read his cra*, errrr, posts or not.

It is great to have a site where members are treated as adults, even when they refuse to act like adults!

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Apr 2011 20:39 #22 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic The Ring

occasionally posts something that is actually worth reading,

Is it worth reading through everything to find the stuff that is worth it?

10 Apr 2011 21:08 #23 by Local_Historian
Replied by Local_Historian on topic The Ring
BB- where else could you be such a dick and not get banned? Don't crap where you eat.

Same as always, as with every forum - don't like how it's run? Don't come to it.

10 Apr 2011 21:14 #24 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic The Ring
LH, he has no where else to go. And he came back after quiting at one point so now he has a even bigger ego.

He has been given the world and still complains. There are two horrible things he did to members here that I will NEVER forget and he NEVER apologized for.

10 Apr 2011 21:25 #25 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic The Ring

Baileyboy wrote: If you can't look at this forum and see that certain rooms are a waste of space on the site and others are on their way to that status, then maybe you should pick a different line of work.

Just because you don't value other forums on this site doesn't mean that they are a waste of space. We exist to serve the whole community, in all its needs, and we are a work in progress with constructive input from our members as to what to add, modify, or delete.

The sole point of this thread is simple. People demand freedom choice and when you give it to them they toss it aside. In other words they take it for granted. Which is what they do in their everyday lives, which is why the country has gone to hell. But the ability to look at the macro is beyond your capabilities, so therefore that nasty old Bailey Boy must have some sinister motive. My motive is to get lazy, take-everything-for-granted people to wake up. Not wake up and accept my absurdity as truth or fact. Just simply wake up and pay attention.

Really, cuz that's not what you've said before:

Baileyboy wrote: Serious people who know me do take me seriously. I figured out long ago to treat people for what they are not what I wish they were. I am not here to convert anyone. Just to remind the cretins that they are cretins. They need to be brought back to reality every now and then.

Maybe if you weren't so dismissive, insulting, racist, and sexist to many on here, they'd see what you claim is your "true" motive. You are given freedom of choice here - to post as you like within the guidelines clearly spelled out - why do you toss that aside, and take for granted that which you are offered, so carelessly? You've been banned form every other 285 corridor board - you'd think that you'd treat this opportunity a little more preciously. This post of yours is a good example - you spell out your observations and motives rather than merely insulting and moving on.

jf1acai wrote: Baileyboy (or Babyboy, I like that! :wink: ) occasionally posts something that is actually worth reading, but like a few others his posts are, IMO, mostly intended to denigrate other members, and create as much havoc and work for the site administration as possible.

However, I like the fact that this site allows him to proceed with his BS (within the terms of the TOS), and allows the users to make their own decisions regarding whether to read his cra*, errrr, posts or not.

It is great to have a site where members are treated as adults, even when they refuse to act like adults!

Exactly! He does indeed have a few gems, few and far between. The fact that we leave it to our members to choose for themselves whether to read, or block, anyone's posts is both a blessing and a curse. We hear it from many that we are "trashy" and "nasty" over here, or have no soul. I, for one, am proud that we foster open dialog, forceful and infuriating at times though it may be, and allow our members to take personal responsibility for their own posts, or to task others on their words. If ever anyone wants to open a dialog on changing this policy, feel free to do so - open and brutally honest communication is not only encouraged, but expected! - we will always take suggestions under advisement.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

11 Apr 2011 05:47 #26 by Mayhem
Replied by Mayhem on topic The Ring

CinnamonGirl wrote: LH, he has no where else to go. And he came back after quiting at one point so now he has a even bigger ego.

He has been given the world and still complains. There are two horrible things he did to members here that I will NEVER forget and he NEVER apologized for.

You should get together with lj and form a wit.

11 Apr 2011 06:29 #27 by Nobody that matters
Replied by Nobody that matters on topic The Ring

Baileyboy wrote: You should get together with lj and form a wit.

You should quit posting. You're a simple minded troll that falls far short of even being entertaining. You provoke no thought. You don't serve any purpose except to show why unmoderated forums are so rare.

You are a piss-poor excuse for an on-line personality, you're vulgar, predictable and cowardly.

The internet can be a powerful resourse, but you use it simply to enable the ugly side of your being. You are ineffectual, incompetent, inarticulate and rude.

You are a shining example of what's going wrong with our society today. You take a freedom like this forum and misuse it in gross and disgusting ways, then pervertedly enjoy the havoc you cause.

You are a waste of time, space, and the efforts of other people.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

11 Apr 2011 06:30 #28 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic The Ring

Nobody that matters wrote:

You should quit posting. You're a simple minded troll that falls far short of even being entertaining. You provoke no thought. You don't serve any purpose except to show why unmoderated forums are so rare.

You are a piss-poor excuse for an on-line personality, you're vulgar, predictable and cowardly.

The internet can be a powerful resourse, but you use it simply to enable the ugly side of your being. You are ineffectual, incompetent, inarticulate and rude.

You are a shining example of what's going wrong with our society today. You take a freedom like this forum and misuse it in gross and disgusting ways, then pervertedly enjoy the havoc you cause.

...You forgot bandwidth....

11 Apr 2011 06:36 #29 by Mayhem
Replied by Mayhem on topic The Ring

Nobody that matters wrote:

But by your own admission you are nobody that matters. Therefore your statements are inconsequential. Adios :wave:

11 Apr 2011 06:38 #30 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic The Ring
I could care less what anybody has to say, but that's why this site is so good, say what you want, but you're being allowed to say what you want... If you don't care for a poster, do what I did ONLYonce ,This post was made by ********** who is currently on your ignore

Besides (*)something/body has to be around when vl is at WallyWorld, parking cars.

(*)could be an alien, frog, Hemingway cat, lizard, Garra rufa fish, a chicken peaking out letters because corn kennels are placed on keyboard, or a chimp, or anything)

Yeap, that's the correct amount of letters, **********

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds