Gas Prices Still Going Up- Sales Down

11 Apr 2011 13:20 #1 by Nmysys

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Apr 2011 13:28 #2 by outdoor338
$4.25 in 5 weeks...start riding your bikes..or walking...

11 Apr 2011 14:13 #3 by FredHayek
I have been decreasing my driving. Not because I can't afford it but just on general principle and unlike those stupid group e-mails asking you to boycott one brand of gasoline, if you decrease overall consumption, prices usually fall.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 Apr 2011 17:49 #4 by Rick
When the prices finally start to come down, the moron Democrats will probably want to slap on more tax to keep it high so we'll all want to buy some tin can on wheels that we can't afford. Still waiting for that wind and solar powered car.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

12 Apr 2011 10:20 #5 by Surveyor
You'll probably wait a long long time. Big oil isn't going to let those patents through.

12 Apr 2011 11:44 #6 by Nmysys
Which is more powerful? Big Government or Big Oil?

Or are they one and the same?

12 Apr 2011 11:52 #7 by TPP
oblama's 1st Plan...

Didn't work so well so...

Now, all we have LEFTist

12 Apr 2011 12:07 #8 by FredHayek

Surveyor wrote: You'll probably wait a long long time. Big oil isn't going to let those patents through.

lol If big oil is so powerful, why was oil so cheap last year?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

12 Apr 2011 12:40 #9 by Kate
TPP: Properly inflating the tires of America could save about a billion gallons of gasoline per year. At $3.50 per gallon, that's a fair chunk of change that's being thrown to the oil companies, speculators, foreign oil countries - and yes - taxes. Why are you ridiculing this little idea of keeping your tires inflated? For you, it could increase your mileage about 3%, which over the course of a year (about 800 gallons or so), could save you roughly $100.

This tire inflation idea is an example of a small action, repeated by millions, adding up to large savings, both in money and less il imported.

If you're interested, here's an article about the savings as a result of proper tire inflation.

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008 ... ssure.html

12 Apr 2011 12:48 #10 by Nmysys
Kate:

It is not just a matter of ridiculing the idea of proper inflation of tires. Most people who are familiar with cars already know that proper inflation of tires does make a difference IMO, at least I do.

The reason is that most people are upset that we are forced to be dependent on foreign oil. No refineries have been built since the 1970s, we can't drill where we know there is oil or offshore. It is more important that we protect small other creature than drill oil.

Obama has said two things. One is about proper inflating of tires and the other just recently was, think about trading in for a more economical vehicle.

Instead of doing something about drilling for oil and not being dependent on oil from our enemies, these are his solutions. Sorry, but it is the wrong answer, IMO.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds