If O Had Kept Promises, there wouldn't be a Deficit!!!

15 Apr 2011 08:21 #21 by Nobody that matters

AspenValley wrote: So, does anyone have something to say that would actually add to the conversation?

Nope, sorry. You'll have to look on another forum for that. This one's stuck in a partisan bitch-fest rut.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Apr 2011 08:43 #22 by AspenValley

Nobody that matters wrote:

AspenValley wrote: So, does anyone have something to say that would actually add to the conversation?

Nope, sorry. You'll have to look on another forum for that. This one's stuck in a partisan bitch-fest rut.

I'm afraid you're right. I spent a little time reading through some of the recent threads, and frankly, they're riddled with such utter stupidity and meanness that I think it might be more possible to have a respectful, intelligent conversation with a bucket of dead rattlesnakes.

There are some good and thoughtful posters here, but they're being drowned out by the rabid partisans. Hats off to those of you who continue to try to post intelligent thoughts in the midst of the childishness, but I seem to remember a line warning about the futility of casting pearls before swine...

15 Apr 2011 09:00 #23 by Pony Soldier

Nobody that matters wrote: How is Obama gonna tell campaign lies while he's sitting in the office he needs to follow through on those promises right now?

He's got to be in a real dilema over that one.

He'll blame whoever he can to get reelected and then get on with the people's business. (He sees the banker's and corporations as the only people who count)

15 Apr 2011 12:02 #24 by kresspin
Welcome, Aspen Valley. Netdude pretty much nailed it with the post below. That's why I've stopped posting. It was a waste of my time. The schoolyard bullies run roughshod over anyone who has a differing opinion and the posts come down to exactly what Netdude documented.

It's a shame we can't discuss politics as adults but that's the way it is when there is no moderation. I'd welcome a section where debate rules are enforced and we could have some adult give and take, without the constant "Obama Messiah" and "you're side's going down in 2012" sophomoric responses.

PS: CriticalBill, the video you posted, I believe, was recorded before the economy went into the worst tailspin since the Great Depression.

What's worse than tax and spend? No tax and spend, as Bush did. It was crazy to try and run two wars, sending out deficit spiraling downward and announcing tax breaks at the same time.

netdude wrote: Welcome back AV, it's been a while! And welcome to a forum where coward338, a former 9 year old bully who by the time he got to be 10 got his ass kicked over and over again, and finally feels he found a platform where he can be the bully again only to end being the laughingstock amongst those who actually think and look at both sides and *gasp* want to discuss both sides of todays issues. This is his mo, if your political views don't somehow land within a .1% of his distorted views, you must worship Obama as a messiah and your team is gonna loose in 2012, oh and numbnutz will chime in and insult you , then... coward33 will then go :yeahthat: . You'll see this pattern repeat at least 3 times a day, like clockwork... :VeryScared:

The good news is the other coward, babyboy appears to be gone for now and we have folks like SS109, grady and neptune, oh and of course our fave righttie wordsmith printsmith who actually try and make points and discuss without insults!

15 Apr 2011 12:12 #25 by Blazer Bob

kresspin wrote: I'd welcome a section where debate rules are enforced and we could have some adult give and take, ]

That is something I could get behind but I think it is probably anathema to the bounder philosophy.

15 Apr 2011 12:19 #26 by AspenValley

neptunechimney wrote:

kresspin wrote: I'd welcome a section where debate rules are enforced and we could have some adult give and take, ]

That is something I could get behind but I think it is probably anathema to the bounder philosophy.

Probably so. I suppose the idea is that if those who want to engage in adult discussion just ignore the trolls, idiots and trouble-makers they will either go away or be drowned out by the thoughtful posters.

Unfortunately, while it's easy to say ignore the trolls, idiots, and trouble-makers, in reality it's kind of like trying to "ignore" hordes of blood-thirsty mosquitos at a picnic. Sounds noble in principle but damned near impossible in practice.

Kind of makes you long for the days before they banned DDT....

15 Apr 2011 12:45 #27 by Rick

AspenValley wrote:

neptunechimney wrote:

Probably so. I suppose the idea is that if those who want to engage in adult discussion just ignore the trolls, idiots and trouble-makers they will either go away or be drowned out by the thoughtful posters.

Unfortunately, while it's easy to say ignore the trolls, idiots, and trouble-makers, in reality it's kind of like trying to "ignore" hordes of blood-thirsty mosquitos at a picnic. Sounds noble in principle but damned near impossible in practice.

Kind of makes you long for the days before they banned DDT....

I understand your outrage about people you don't agree with spewing BS, and I may be one of them. There are those on your side as well who do the same crap in their own special ways.

So that aside, what do you think about the topic? And since nobody else answered my question, what do you think about the Obama speech I posted on the previous page? Care to get involved in the actual topic?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

15 Apr 2011 12:50 #28 by AspenValley

CriticalBill wrote: So that aside, what do you think about the topic? And since nobody else answered my question, what do you think about the Obama speech I posted on the previous page? Care to get involved in the actual topic?

I already commented on the actual topic, that's when the hordes of mosquitos came out.

15 Apr 2011 14:21 #29 by Rick

AspenValley wrote:

CriticalBill wrote: So that aside, what do you think about the topic? And since nobody else answered my question, what do you think about the Obama speech I posted on the previous page? Care to get involved in the actual topic?

I already commented on the actual topic, that's when the hordes of mosquitos came out.

I'm just asking you to watch and listen to the video of Obama that I posted. I don't understand why it's so hard for liberals to discuss what our president said. When Bush senior said "read my lips, no new taxes" that was bullcrap was it not? It was probably the most widely used statement by the media that I can remember, yet when Obama said he would cut the deficit in half in his first term, we only hear crickets from the left and the MSM.

So I respectfully ask you or anyone else with the guts to answer THIS question: Did Obama lie about reducing the deficit by half or is there some other plausible reason for it not being pushed by him? Have we seen any effort by Obama to make the cuts needed or have we even heard him talk about doing it prior to this current controversy?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

15 Apr 2011 14:34 #30 by Nmysys
NetDude:

Fancy name for a skinny little twerp that shotguns once a month. I have told you before that you are welcome to come across the hwy and see if your skinny butt can back up your as
comments but the only nerve you have is in your comments!!!!

How about you once adding something to a thread instead of trying to act like you are a big man?

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds