If O Had Kept Promises, there wouldn't be a Deficit!!!

14 Apr 2011 13:26 #1 by Nmysys
If Obama Had Kept His Campaign Promises, We Wouldn't Have a Deficit Today

By John Lott

Published April 14, 2011

| FoxNews.com

AP

President Obama pledged Wednesday "to act boldly now" on the huge deficits. But alas his newly revealed budget for 2012 is no better at cutting the deficit than was his first attempt just two months ago.

Yes, we do indeed need to act boldly. With deficits accumulating to $4.3 trillion during over his first three years as president and another $10.4 trillion projected over the next decade, time is not on our side. As it is, the president not only pushed for the increased spending but also has fought budget cuts at each step along the way. And the initial efforts have been meager. The Congressional Budget Office estimates that the so-called "$38 billion" spending cut bill over which the government was almost shut down actually only cuts $352 million from this year's budget.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/04/14/obama-willing-cut-spending-entered-white-house/#ixzz1JWkXm6uy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Apr 2011 15:01 #2 by LadyJazzer
Wow, if George Bush hadn't run up 6 Trillion in 8 years, just think how much those that came after him could have accomplished... Given the flaming pile of dog-poo that was passed off, I guess people do the best they can with the promises they've tried to keep...

Of course, unemployment is down a whole point, 9.8 to 8.8, and still falling....and there's 1.7 million new jobs so far IN THE PRIVATE SECTOR, including 219,000 last month....

That is, unless you believe the never-ending pile of flaming dog-poo coming out of FauxNews.... Oh wait... That was an editorial piece... not "news"... I keep forgetting.

14 Apr 2011 15:04 #3 by Nmysys
Who knew that Obama's,NOT keeping any of HIS promises would end up being Bush's fault???

I'm absolutely shocked. Can you hear it in my voice????

14 Apr 2011 15:05 #4 by LadyJazzer
Why yes, I can... I'll write it down in the book...next to the millions of jobs and the Trillions of dollars that were lost during the Bush administration.

14 Apr 2011 15:06 #5 by conifermtman

LadyJazzer wrote: Wow, if George Bush hadn't run up 6 Trillion in 8 years, just think how much those that came after him could have accomplished... Given the flaming pile of dog-poo that was passed off, I guess people do the best they can with the promises they've tried to keep...

Of course, unemployment is down a whole point, 9.8 to 8.8, and still falling....and there's 1.7 million new jobs so far IN THE PRIVATE SECTOR, including 219,000 last month....

That is, unless you believe the never-ending pile of flaming dog-poo coming out of FauxNews.... Oh wait... That was an editorial piece... not "news"... I keep forgetting.

Oh don't worry, your boy Obama is on track to surpass Bush. I guess you believe in this: [youtube:1lxvz094]
[/youtube:1lxvz094]

14 Apr 2011 15:07 #6 by conifermtman

LadyJazzer wrote: Why yes, I can... I'll write it down in the book...next to the millions of jobs and the Trillions of dollars that were lost during the Bush administration.

Have you talked to a mental health professional lately?

14 Apr 2011 15:09 - 14 Apr 2011 15:12 #7 by Nmysys
LJ:

Your figures are bullsh**. But you actually think the economy is improving. What a joke!!!

Have some more :Koolaid:

Weekly Unemployment Rate Shoots Up

Published April 14, 2011

| FoxNews.com

An unexpected jolt in people applying for unemployment benefits last week raised the number of applications to a seasonally adjusted 412,000.

It was the first increase in three weeks, and could be a sign that people who stopped looking for work are coming back, but the 27,000 additional requests for assistance for the week ending April 9 put the jobless aid figure at its highest point since mid-February.

Applications near 375,000 are consistent with a sustained increase in hiring. Applications peaked during the recession at 659,000.

The four-week average of applications, a less volatile measure, rose to 395,750. Applications have dropped by about 6 percent over the past two months.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/04/14/weekly-unemployment-rate-shoots/#ixzz1JXAQY47v

14 Apr 2011 15:12 #8 by Pony Soldier
I heard a report that many companies that outsourced to China are now looking to put their business back in the US. This is because of red tape and delays in production that are entirely out of your control once you outsource. This is the kind of news that should be trumpeted to inform businesses thinking of outsourcing.

14 Apr 2011 15:33 #9 by OmniScience
Some facts for you LJ -

--Bush averaged about 410 Billion a year in deficit spending. That's bad. Obama is averaging about 1.3+ Trillion a year. That's absolutely Horrible.

--The DEMs had the House, Senate, and Oval Office. Complete legislative control for 2 years and DID NOT pass a budget.

--President Obama said that with the Stimulus unemployment would not go above 8%. It did.

--Last year President Obama promised to cut the budget in half by 2013. It doesn't look there's any chance of that happening, no matter how much he tries to tax people.

This country has few tax problems, the real issue is a spending addiction that started about 9 years ago and has gotten progressively worse.

You keep saying (ad infinitim, ad nauseum) everything Bush's fault, Obama keeps making unfulfilled promises, and Pelosi say's the Democrats are 'Pay as we go'.

Unbelieveable.

14 Apr 2011 15:37 #10 by daisypusher

towermonkey wrote: I heard a report that many companies that outsourced to China are now looking to put their business back in the US. This is because of red tape and delays in production that are entirely out of your control once you outsource. This is the kind of news that should be trumpeted to inform businesses thinking of outsourcing.

I used to do business in China and you need deep pockets. As soon as a deal is made, you are back to the negotiation table for something where more money is needed. And it never stops - constant haggling for more......... There is never a reduction in cost.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds