Earth Day April 22, 2011

24 Apr 2011 15:54 #21 by ScienceChic
I notice that you didn't exactly answer my questions either, you're just posting distractions now.

Bought exactly what hook, line, and sinker Trouble? Do you think that I just blindly accepted AGW and hopped full-tilt onto the bandwagon?

Out of curiosity, on what do you base your beliefs? Have you researched the opposing viewpoint to control for your biases?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Apr 2011 16:16 #22 by Obam me
Replied by Obam me on topic Earth Day April 22, 2011
I was posting a very thoughtful reply...my internet dropped off for a minute...but I'm back.

SC, I always appreciate your thoughtful posts, albeit long, but thoughtful. I completely agree with you that all citizens of the planet are responsible for taking care of it. IMHO, the first environmentalist was God.

"He planted a beautiful big garden which he called Eden. There were ever so many wonderful flowers and trees in that garden. They were the most beautiful flowers and trees that anybody has ever seen. There were plenty of nice vegetables, and all kinds of fruit. And God put Adam into this perfect garden to take care of it, and to enjoy it forever."
[url=http://www.dawnbible.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.dawnbible.com[/url]

Recycle, Reduce, Reuse - I'm in.
Making my home energy efficient - I'm in.
Carbon offsetting - I'm still cracking up!

To answer your last post...No I don't think you just hopped on the bandwagon based on your research and neither did I based on mine.

Including Al Gore in my reply was just for fun! :woo hoo:

Edited to add: I will still savor every single bite of a sweet, juicy, red strawberry...even in January!!

24 Apr 2011 16:25 #23 by ScienceChic
Where do you find juicy, sweet strawberries in January? The store-bought ones, even from Whole Foods, taste like cardboard which is why I have no problem avoiding them (no temptation helps a lot!).

Al Gore's easy to make fun of, but glad it helped make your day! :biggrin:

I'm still really curious as to what sources you found your information that forms the basis of your beliefs - I'm always looking for the weak-links/gaps in my knowledge, the stuff I haven't considered that might change my mind. Anything you'd like to share would be appreciated! Thanks!

(And I'm working on the length of my posts, have you noticed? If not, I guess I need to try harder!)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

24 Apr 2011 16:30 #24 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic Earth Day April 22, 2011
You might consider that carbon offset fees are a huge taxes. they are new taxes. they are huge taxes. It will cripple the economy.
Every product that you purchase will have the tax added to the price of this product. Not all countries will be assessed the same amount for their goods, so it is also a tariff against the U.S. products.
The carbon offset taxes will be spent on giveaway projects and entitlements.
The carbon offset tax will not reduce carbon emissions.
The carbon offset tax cannot eliminate carbon emissions.

Please consider that the largest offender with carbon emissions is the gov't.

Regards,
Major Bean

24 Apr 2011 16:33 #25 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic Earth Day April 22, 2011
Al Gore founded a carbon offset company (Generation Investment Management) that stands to make billions if the agenda his non-profit group (Alliance for Climate Protection) is pushed into law.

Regards,
Major Bean

24 Apr 2011 16:45 #26 by kresspin
Replied by kresspin on topic Earth Day April 22, 2011
We're trillions of dollars in the hole, our economy is one step away from collapse and the right is in a tizzy over carbon offsets and the president's trip in Air Force One on Earth Day.

Unbelievable.

24 Apr 2011 16:47 - 24 Apr 2011 16:51 #27 by Obam me

Al Gore's easy to make fun of, but glad it helped make your day!

Carbon Offsetting is also easy to make fun of...it's the little things that can really make my day! :biggrin:

I'm still really curious as to what sources you found your information that forms the basis of your beliefs - I'm always looking for the weak-links/gaps in my knowledge, the stuff I haven't considered that might change my mind. Anything you'd like to share would be appreciated! Thanks!

I can just hear the sarcasm in this post! I think I've backed up why, in my opinion, it's totally ridiculous...but hey, if it makes ya feel good to pay those extra taxes...just do it!! :wink:

24 Apr 2011 16:48 #28 by Obam me

kresspin wrote: We're trillions of dollars in the hole, our economy is one step away from collapse and the right is in a tizzy over carbon offsets and the president's trip in Air Force One on Earth Day.

Unbelievable.

The only one having a tizzy is you...I'm just having a little "carbon offsetting" fun!

24 Apr 2011 16:49 #29 by Obam me

major bean wrote: You might consider that carbon offset fees are a huge taxes. they are new taxes. they are huge taxes. It will cripple the economy.
Every product that you purchase will have the tax added to the price of this product. Not all countries will be assessed the same amount for their goods, so it is also a tariff against the U.S. products.

And liberals love it!! No surprise there!

24 Apr 2011 16:50 #30 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Earth Day April 22, 2011

Trouble wrote:

major bean wrote: You might consider that carbon offset fees are a huge taxes. they are new taxes. they are huge taxes. It will cripple the economy.

And liberals love it!! No surprise there!

source?

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds