Is it possible to be a Conservative & an Environmentalist?

29 Apr 2011 09:26 #51 by major bean

AspenValley wrote:

Ice wrote: Environmental debt is even more than the monetary crap they whine about. ..

Yes, it is. But you'd be sick to your stomach to know how many people out there wouldn't give up one dime a year to protect the water, air, or earth. I am not exagerating.

Instead, they make up elaborate stories about how the ecological scientists are liars, or are getting paid off, or even - and again, I am not making this up - that we don't need to worry about blowing through all the oil or treating the earth like a litter box because Jesus will be back soon to take all the faithful home with him.

The only reason that we have wildlife such as deer, elk, moose, bear, ducks, geese, turkeys, etc. is because of conservatives who hunt and give their money. Wildlife conservation has been totally accomplished by hunters who are almost 100% conservatives. Vast amounts of money has been used by conservative hunters to purchase and preserve their environment so that it would not be ruined by "development".

How much money has been contributed to wildlife conservation by liberals?

Regards,
Major Bean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Apr 2011 09:29 #52 by major bean

Science Chic wrote:

Nobody that matters wrote:

Science Chic wrote: Whew, here I thought that my post had totally killed the topic! I have to go to a Teacher Conference for my son right now, so I wanted to let you know that it'll be a while before I can respond, lots of good stuff there Heartless! Thanks! Continue on without me...

This was a nice attempt at an adult discussion, SC. Unfortunately the simple minded "liberal/conservative" blather has taken over and filled the tread with a heaping mound of crap.

Yes, I'm quite sorry that I had family stuff to do yesterday, and conked out at 8:30pm while catching up on posts (my late nights have finally caught up to me) so I couldn't address this earlier. Thanks to Nymsys, Ice, and Dummy Up for not addressing my original article but bashing each other instead - take it to the Ring boys.

I've gotta run to Pilates, I'll write more when I get back. I hope - it's a nice day and I'd like to spend quality time with my son, who's home today due to parent-teacher conferences being scheduled, as well.

This is total crap. SC introduced politics into this thread with the title! She was loudly implied by the title that conservatives cannot be environmentalists simply by the title that she chose. "Let's get ready to rumble!"

Regards,
Major Bean

29 Apr 2011 09:31 #53 by JMC

major bean wrote:

AspenValley wrote:

Ice wrote: Environmental debt is even more than the monetary crap they whine about. ..

Yes, it is. But you'd be sick to your stomach to know how many people out there wouldn't give up one dime a year to protect the water, air, or earth. I am not exagerating.

Instead, they make up elaborate stories about how the ecological scientists are liars, or are getting paid off, or even - and again, I am not making this up - that we don't need to worry about blowing through all the oil or treating the earth like a litter box because Jesus will be back soon to take all the faithful home with him.

The only reason that we have wildlife such as deer, elk, moose, bear, ducks, geese, turkeys, etc. is because of conservatives who hunt and give their money. Wildlife conservation has been totally accomplished by hunters who are almost 100% conservatives. Vast amounts of money has been used by conservative hunters to purchase and preserve their environment so that it would not be ruined by "development".

Not all hunters and fishermen are conservatives. I know several left leaning outdoors people.

29 Apr 2011 09:32 #54 by kresspin

major bean wrote: The only reason that we have wildlife such as deer, elk, moose, bear, ducks, geese, turkeys, etc. is because of conservatives who hunt and give their money. Wildlife conservation has been totally accomplished by hunters who are almost 100% conservatives. Vast amounts of money has been used by conservative hunters to purchase and preserve their environment so that it would not be ruined by "development".

About half of the money given to wildlife conservation has been given by liberals. Unlike conservatives, who do it so they'll have more animals to kill, liberals give money so that more animals will live.

29 Apr 2011 09:38 #55 by major bean

jmc wrote:

major bean wrote:

AspenValley wrote:

Not all hunters and fishermen are conservatives. I know several left leaning outdoors people.

You do not want to say that the vast majority of gun toting hunters are liberal, do you?
We cannot make the exception "the rule". That has been the thinking of liberals forever and has perverted good decisions for decades.

Regards,
Major Bean

29 Apr 2011 09:39 #56 by major bean

kresspin wrote:

major bean wrote: The only reason that we have wildlife such as deer, elk, moose, bear, ducks, geese, turkeys, etc. is because of conservatives who hunt and give their money. Wildlife conservation has been totally accomplished by hunters who are almost 100% conservatives. Vast amounts of money has been used by conservative hunters to purchase and preserve their environment so that it would not be ruined by "development".

About half of the money given to wildlife conservation has been given by liberals. Unlike conservatives, who do it so they'll have more animals to kill, liberals give money so that more animals will live.

What fairytale world do you live in? Half the money given by liberals for wildlife conservation? That is totally laughable.

Regards,
Major Bean

29 Apr 2011 10:15 #57 by Nobody that matters

major bean wrote: This is total crap. SC introduced politics into this thread with the title! She was loudly implied by the title that conservatives cannot be environmentalists simply by the title that she chose. "Let's get ready to rumble!"

No, she asked a question. The answer is simple...

Yes.

No implications, no arguing, no rightie/leftie bashing...

Just "yes".

Anyone that says "no" is just plain wrong.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

29 Apr 2011 10:19 #58 by major bean

Nobody that matters wrote:

major bean wrote: This is total crap. SC introduced politics into this thread with the title! She was loudly implied by the title that conservatives cannot be environmentalists simply by the title that she chose. "Let's get ready to rumble!"

No, she asked a question. The answer is simple...

Yes.

No implications, no arguing, no rightie/leftie bashing...

Just "yes".

Anyone that says "no" is just plain wrong.

If she did not want a political divide, then why did she introduce "conservative" into the equation? This thread was totally intended to cause argument and turmoil.

Of course the answer is "yes" but even that would evoke posts of denial by liberals.

Regards,
Major Bean

29 Apr 2011 10:21 #59 by Nobody that matters

major bean wrote:

kresspin wrote:

What fairytale world do you live in? Half the money given by liberals for wildlife conservation? That is totally laughable.

Kresspin is probably counting the donations to the anti-human league... Sierra Club, WWF, and all the elitists in the numerous wilderness advocacy organizations.

29 Apr 2011 10:24 #60 by Nobody that matters

major bean wrote: If she did not want a political divide, then why did she introduce "conservative" into the equation? This thread was totally intended to cause argument and turmoil.

Of course the answer is "yes" but even that would evoke posts of denial by liberals.

Then the liberals would be wrong. It's foolish to think that you could take two terms as generic as "Conservative" and "environmentalist" and make them mutually exclusive. We could have had a decent conversation about what "environmentalism" is, but instead it denegrated into yet another pissing match.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds