Is it possible to be a Conservative & an Environmentalist?

29 Apr 2011 10:26 #61 by kresspin

Nobody that matters wrote:

major bean wrote:

kresspin wrote:

major bean wrote: The only reason that we have wildlife such as deer, elk, moose, bear, ducks, geese, turkeys, etc. is because of conservatives who hunt and give their money. Wildlife conservation has been totally accomplished by hunters who are almost 100% conservatives. Vast amounts of money has been used by conservative hunters to purchase and preserve their environment so that it would not be ruined by "development".

How much money has been contributed to wildlife conservation by liberals?

About half of the money given to wildlife conservation has been given by liberals. Unlike conservatives, who do it so they'll have more animals to kill, liberals give money so that more animals will live.

What fairytale world do you live in? Half the money given by liberals for wildlife conservation? That is totally laughable.

Kresspin is probably counting the donations to the anti-human league... Sierra Club, WWF, and all the elitists in the numerous wilderness advocacy organizations.

Don't forget Greenpeace! :wink:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Apr 2011 10:34 #62 by Nobody that matters

kresspin wrote: Don't forget Greenpeace! :wink:

If God would allow everyone alive now to forget Greenpeace, the world would be a better place.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

29 Apr 2011 10:37 #63 by Blazer Bob
[quote="towermonkey Republicans believed, wrongly so, that decreasing taxes would grow the economy enough to overwhelm the debt. They decreased taxes in order to do this. It didn't work out that way, but I don't think it was part of a selfish nefarious plan to increase the debt.[/quote]

I have lived my life on a budget and have always been concerned about the growing national debt . This is from memory so feel free to pick away but I believe it is pretty close. There have been several times that the debt has been on the front burner. Remember Grahm-Rudman(?), pay -go, the balanced budget amendment that almost got thru congress?

Each time the economy grew but pols of both stripes spent everything that came in and much more. I am not saying each time was the result of tax cuts but each time was the result of borrow and spend policies.

Edit: It was part of a selfish nefarious plan to buy votes by both sides.

29 Apr 2011 11:39 #64 by Pony Soldier
I'll agree with that Neptune. Politicians all seem to have that in common.

29 Apr 2011 11:55 #65 by TPP

Nobody that matters wrote:

kresspin wrote: Don't forget Greenpeace! :wink:

If God would allow everyone alive now to forget Greenpeace, the world would be a better place.

:like:

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds