Bin Laden Dead

02 May 2011 05:15 #31 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Bin Laden Dead
This morning they are reporting that his body was buried at sea, "according to Islamic tradition." This keeps the whole Muslim constituency from getting bat-crap crazy that the U.S. defiled his body. And you can bet the farm that they took photos, DNA samples, and had him verified by 20 eye-witnesses before the wingnuts can start screaming for the "long-form death certificate."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 May 2011 05:37 - 02 May 2011 07:01 #32 by outdoor338
Replied by outdoor338 on topic Bin Laden Dead
LJ, can't understand why you are not angry that usama is dead, we know that you would want his 15 lawyers to defend him, have him put in a plosh hotel with the greatest dinners and women available at his beckon call..then your pals at the ACLU could work at his getting released, because of his upbringing was so bad, he was bullied by his muslim friends, his muslim upbringing should be protected. I bet you will not sleep for days over usama's being killed.. :biggrin:

02 May 2011 06:15 #33 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Bin Laden Dead
Her, Nor Noor, outdoor338, it's sad, that they HATE this country so...

02 May 2011 06:49 #34 by Obam me
Replied by Obam me on topic Bin Laden Dead
No one speculates whether or not Saddam is dead because they made such a spectacle out of Saddam's death - even got it on a cell phone video. But nothing (at least not yet) of OBL death. Now that OBL's body has been dumped at sea and the evidence is gone, there will always be speculation. If it's true then I am thrilled.

02 May 2011 07:29 #35 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Bin Laden Dead
Osama Bin Laden is dead. That is the important thing, and credit does go somewhat to Obama, whether we like it or not. Some credit belongs to Bush for establishing the policies of going after the terrorists, which Obama is following to the letter. We should all be glad this chapter is over.

02 May 2011 07:32 #36 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Bin Laden Dead
This is a day we should all come together and celebrate the death of this evil man. Once again our true American heros risking their lives to rid the world of this monster for good. I see no point in giving credit to Bush or Obama, just because they are present and give the ok to get him, does not make them any kind of hero. I'm sure I'll be hearing "see, Obama got him" or "Bush was in charge when this operation began"...blah blah. We should be proud our Navy Seals and our intel agency that found the needle in the haystack and ended it with a headshot!

Till the very end, Bin Laden was a coward by using a woman as a shield....I hope those Seals had video of the raid so we can all see the last seconds of this cowardly monster. I feel good for Muslims today, maybe we will see some celebrating from that community as well.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

02 May 2011 07:38 #37 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Bin Laden Dead
I wonder what it was like living for Osama. Did he live simply without worries or was he always looking over his shoulder, Sword of Damocles style, worrying about an assasin's bullet, a Predator Hellfire missile, or helicopter rotors of death.

And I also wonder if OBL regretted taking out the World Trade Center's, having to spend the rest of your life on the run from a superpower is no way to live.

Personally I hope he did spend the last 10 years in fear and anxiety.

One last note, I am betting Bin Laden is quite disappointed in his current lodgings.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

02 May 2011 07:41 #38 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Bin Laden Dead

Local_Historian wrote: Maybe we should reinstate old practice - tour the body about?

All I have to say is - about damn time.

I thnk this might have been a miscue too. Maybe they should have flown the body back to the family in Yemen/Saudi Arabia so the family could have identified him and buried it. This would provide more proof.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

02 May 2011 07:43 #39 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Bin Laden Dead

02 May 2011 07:44 #40 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Bin Laden Dead

SS109 wrote:

Local_Historian wrote: Maybe we should reinstate old practice - tour the body about?

All I have to say is - about damn time.

I thnk this might have been a miscue too. Maybe they should have flown the body back to the family in Yemen/Saudi Arabia so the family could have identified him and buried it. This would provide more proof.

I heard that we offered him to Saudi Arabi and they declined.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds