Bin Laden Dead

02 May 2011 08:45 #51 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Bin Laden Dead
Well stated... I have to agree....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 May 2011 08:47 #52 by kresspin
Replied by kresspin on topic Bin Laden Dead
I'm hoping Palin will throw her bearskin hat into the ring...

I'd love to see a debate or two between Trump and Palin.

02 May 2011 08:47 #53 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Bin Laden Dead
But hopefully Al Quaida finds few applicants to take over for OBL.

I also fear for the American citizens and servicemen overseas right now. Hopefully the death of OBL doesn't inspire any new terrorism.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

02 May 2011 08:49 #54 by pineinthegrass
Replied by pineinthegrass on topic Bin Laden Dead

LadyJazzer wrote: At this point, Ayman al-Zawahiri HAS to know there's a big red 'X' on his chest...

Wouldn't it be beautiful if they could nail that guy before the dust has settled on Bin Laden's killing?!?!? A two-headed snake with both heads gone?!? Al-Qaeda would be in such disarray that it would take quite awhile before the one-off's and lone-wolves could figure out how to retaliate...

Yes it would be.

Osama would still be alive and doubt we'd get al-Zawahiri if we weren't in Afghanistan, though. Have you changed your mind about Afghanistan?

02 May 2011 08:51 #55 by LadyJazzer
No.. .He wasn't killed in Afghanistan... He was killed in Pakistan... Duh...

Maybe NOW we can start bringing the troops home from Afghanistan.

Maybe NOW we can get out of Iraq, since we shouldn't have gone in there in the first place. Saddam had no relationship with Al-Queda, and invading Iraq looking for non-existent WMD's is STILL a mistake.

02 May 2011 08:54 #56 by pineinthegrass
Replied by pineinthegrass on topic Bin Laden Dead

LadyJazzer wrote: No.. .He wasn't killed in Afghanistan... He was killed in Pakistan... Duh...

And we could of found him and acted without our troops in Afghanistan?
Duh...

02 May 2011 08:56 #57 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Bin Laden Dead

kresspin wrote: I'm hoping Palin will throw her bearskin hat into the ring...

I'd love to see a debate or two between Trump and Palin.

??? Did you post in the wrong thread? I don't see there relevance.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

02 May 2011 08:57 #58 by LadyJazzer
We needed 100,000 troops and $2Billion-a-week to nail a guy in Pakistan through intelligence that identified a courier and did surveillance on him?

Yes...We COULD have found him without a 100,000-troop presence and HUNDREDS-of-billions of dollars...

Duh....

02 May 2011 09:01 #59 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Bin Laden Dead

LadyJazzer wrote: No.. .He wasn't killed in Afghanistan... He was killed in Pakistan... Duh...

Maybe NOW we can start bringing the troops home from Afghanistan.

Maybe NOW we can get out of Iraq, since we shouldn't have gone in there in the first place. Saddam had no relationship with Al-Queda, and invading Iraq looking for non-existent WMD's is STILL a mistake.

I'm starting to get the notion that we ought to withdraw our troops everywhere and let that represent the first step in balancing the budget. Pakistan and Afghanistan compromise our forces there. We are certainly not welcomed, so why the hell stay there other than political posturing and idealism? We've done more than enough damage in Iraq and our presence there now is without impact. Send the troops home now and let their government handle things as they wish to do anyways. As everywhere, if there is a chance for a handout, hands will be extended and then bitten once the funds stop.

I agree with you on Iraq. We should never have gone there in the first place. That represented more a personal vendetta than reality and was so apparent even when it was unfolding.

02 May 2011 09:07 #60 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Bin Laden Dead
What a CLASS ACT! Also used this from a leftist rag, so the leftist would believe it...

Former President George W. Bush
President Barack Obama called Bush in Dallas at 9:04 p.m. central time (10:04 p.m. ET) to inform him that bin Laden was dead and they spoke for four minutes, a Bush spokesman said.
The Sept. 11 attacks were a defining moment of Bush's presidency. He launched the war in Afghanistan and the hunt for bin Laden spanned the rest of his presidency. His statement:
"Earlier this evening, President Obama called to inform me that American forces killed Osama bin Laden, the leader of the al-Qaida network that attacked America on September 11, 2001. I congratulated him and the men and women of our military and intelligence communities who devoted their lives to this mission. They have our everlasting gratitude. This momentous achievement marks a victory for America, for people who seek peace around the world, and for all those who lost loved ones on September 11, 2001. The fight against terror goes on, but tonight America has sent an unmistakable message: No matter how long it takes, justice will be done."
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42853022/ns/world_news-south_and_central_asia/?gt1=43001

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds