Bin Laden Dead

02 May 2011 07:45 #41 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Bin Laden Dead
I want to see what Al Jezeera has to say today.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 May 2011 07:48 #42 by outdoor338
Replied by outdoor338 on topic Bin Laden Dead
hamas is mad and wants to get even!

02 May 2011 07:50 #43 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic Bin Laden Dead
Congrats to all involved, our men and women in the military, intelligence community and President Obama for allowing this mission to be carried out. Also grateful to hear we honored the Muslim ways of burial. I expect some retaliation in the future, but hopefully we have dealt a terrible blow to terrorism throughout the world.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

02 May 2011 07:52 #44 by outdoor338
Replied by outdoor338 on topic Bin Laden Dead
:yeahthat: :thumbsup: :biggrin:

02 May 2011 08:17 #45 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Bin Laden Dead
I needed a reality check to see how the muslim world reacted. you know this one was going to reach deeply into their consciousness. So here are the opening paragraphs from the Kalije times on line, a Abu Dhabi paper. http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArti ... mabinladen

Those who revered him prayed the news was not true but many in the Arab world felt the death of Osama bin Laden was long overdue.
Some said the killing of the Saudi-born al Qaeda founder in Pakistan was scarcely relevant any more, now that secular uprisings have begun toppling corrupt Arab autocrats who had resisted violent efforts to weaken their grip on power.

“Oh God, please make this news not true ... God curse you, Obama,” said a message on a Jihadist forum in some of the first Islamist reaction to the al Qaeda leader’s death. Oh Americans ... it is still legal for us to cut your necks.”

For some in the Middle East, bin Laden has been seen as the only Muslim leader to take the fight against Western dominance to the heart of the enemy — in the form of the Sept. 11 attacks on New York and Washington in 2001.

On the streets of Saudi Arabia, bin Laden’s native land which stripped him of his citizenship after Sept. 11, there was a mood of disbelief and sorrow among many.

“I feel that it is a lie,” said one Saudi in Riyadh. He did not want to be named. “I don’t trust the US government or the media. They just want to be done with his story. It would be a sad thing if he really did die. I love him and in my eyes he is a hero and a jihadist.”

Officials in the country of his birth maintained near silence at the news of bin Laden’s death. The state news agency merely noted that Washington and Pakistan had announced it.

Talk about being careful, reflecting fear.

02 May 2011 08:22 #46 by lionshead2010
Replied by lionshead2010 on topic Bin Laden Dead
This is great news for America and its allies. People are dancing in the streets, as is fitting when you kill a mass murderer. I'm glad we finally got him, I'm glad we shot him in the head and he knew his goose was cooked before he died and I'm happy to know that as I sit here this morning drinking my coffee....his body is rotting on the bottom of the ocean while crabs and worms feed on it.

Congratulations to the US military and its allies because anybody who knows ANYTHING about military operations knows that this was a team effort and many fine professionals came together to make it happen. It was a joint operation.

As for Pakistan...I'm hearing OBL was captured and killed 100 yards from a Pakistani military compound. That ought to tell you something. Pakistan has always been between a rock and a hard place in this war but now the rock just got a whole lot bigger and the hard place a whole lot harder. They either need to choose sides or we need to start pouring aid into those countries that surround Pakistan and aren't exactly "friends". Secretary Clinton did her best to put a happy face on the touchy relationship with Pakistan this morning but I think they screwed the pooch on this one and will regret it.

America STILL IS the greatest nation on the face of the earth. My hat is off to the President for issuing the order to kill OBL but in the end our gratitude lies with the brave men and women of the US Armed Forces who made this happen.

02 May 2011 08:26 #47 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Bin Laden Dead
At this point, Ayman al-Zawahiri HAS to know there's a big red 'X' on his chest...

Wouldn't it be beautiful if they could nail that guy before the dust has settled on Bin Laden's killing?!?!? A two-headed snake with both heads gone?!? Al-Qaeda would be in such disarray that it would take quite awhile before the one-off's and lone-wolves could figure out how to retaliate...

02 May 2011 08:31 #48 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Bin Laden Dead
How about the two threads are merged?

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

02 May 2011 08:42 - 02 May 2011 08:45 #49 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Bin Laden Dead
Opinions vary over the impact OBL's death will have on Al-Qaeda. Westerners views wish for it to go away whereas Al-Qaeda supporting Muslims view it only as martyrdom and the beginning of the second phase. Somewhere in between lies the truth. Much remains to be done and perhaps the place needing the greatest attention is the Muslim world itself, a world divided. With many supporting jihad against the West, there is a willingness and sense of urgency to continue moving in the footsteps of Osama, This is where the problem lies, in the clerical teachings of hatred embraced by even those with advanced degrees from schools in the West. It's a very different world from the one we embrace or perhaps can even understand. There is a long ways to go now that OBL is gone, but Muslims across the globe need to take up the fight that threatens to rip them apart.

02 May 2011 08:44 #50 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Bin Laden Dead

Rockdoc Franz wrote: Opinions vary over the impact OBL's death will have on Al-Qaeda. Westerners views wish for it to go away whereas Al-Qaeda supporting Muslims view it only as martyrdom and the beginning of the second phase. Somewhere in between lies the truth. Much remains to be done and perhaps the place needing the greatest attention is the Muslim world itself, a world divided. With many supporting jihad against the West will continue moving in the footsteps of Osama, This is where the problem lies, in the clerical teachings of hatred embraced by even those with advanced degrees from schools in the West. It's a very different world from the one we embrace or perhaps can even understand. There is a long ways to go now that OBL is gone.

:yeahthat: Perfectly stated!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds