Just an idea, but why don't you..........

06 May 2011 20:22 #11 by Rockdoc

AspenValley wrote: I'd hate public life. It has become a total circus. I really question the sanity of anyone who wants to become involved in it these days. I think that partly explains why the candidate choices just seem to get worse and worse, on every level from the local dogcatcher right up to the Presidency.

Perhaps. Why could one not end the circus? Why can we not return to a more civilized political approach? Was there ever a time like that? Now, my brother, thinks it is fun and plays it like it were a game. Ok, let us put you into a think tank. That is not very public, THen again, even with the promise of being set for life, you could not ever get me into Politics either.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 May 2011 19:08 #12 by navycpo7
Well, if one runs for office then they also know they are going to be thrown into the public eye. If I do decide to do this, I am ready. They can bring up what they want, most that know me already know what could be brought up. Dull and boring.

08 May 2011 18:20 #13 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Just an idea, but why don't you..........
I've been president of a few local unions and i'm here to tell you folks..It takes talent to run for any office...You just can't have good ideas..You have to have charisma, social skills, and you gotta be likeable..You don't have to be a Hollywood actor, but you gotta be close..As Donald Trump just found out, it's a rough game...I only see a few people here who possibly have what it takes, and they need a lot of polishing before running for anything other than dog catcher

08 May 2011 18:25 #14 by Sunshine Girl

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

08 May 2011 21:37 #15 by navycpo7

Vice Lord wrote: I've been president of a few local unions and i'm here to tell you folks..It takes talent to run for any office...You just can't have good ideas..You have to have charisma, social skills, and you gotta be likeable..You don't have to be a Hollywood actor, but you gotta be close..As Donald Trump just found out, it's a rough game...I only see a few people here who possibly have what it takes, and they need a lot of polishing before running for anything other than dog catcher

by social skills if you mean politically correct then guess I am out. I do not and will not ever have that. The rest is ok.

09 May 2011 06:31 #16 by TPP
Been there, done that, City Council. Won seat twice, 1st as a write-in!
When I was living in San Diego. Nobodies business whose personal e-mail addresses I have at the State house.

09 May 2011 09:11 #17 by NoNewTaxes
I did run for Conifer Park and Rec District.
Didn't get enough votes to win a board seat, but I achieved a better result. Voted down the district so no board seat to fill!

09 May 2011 10:35 - 09 May 2011 10:46 #18 by UNDER MODERATION

TPP wrote: Been there, done that, City Council. Won seat twice, 1st as a write-in!
When I was living in San Diego. Nobodies business whose personal e-mail addresses I have at the State house.

Oh yeah sure you did, and I had sex with Kate Middleton last week right before she got married. If you're gonna lie, at least make it believable...

09 May 2011 10:44 #19 by major bean

Vice Lord wrote: ........and I hate sex with Kate Middleton...

Freudian slip?

Regards,
Major Bean

09 May 2011 10:45 #20 by UNDER MODERATION
And TPP- Here's Abraham Lincolns view on unions: "Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. "

Read it and weep dips**t
http://www.classic-literature.co.uk/ame ... ge-144.asp

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds