Just an idea, but why don't you..........

24 May 2011 06:47 #41 by Nobody that matters

netdude wrote: Although I have noticed that there are more than a few righties that are so hyper-partisan that they can't see anything but what they read on world nut daily news, either that or are just plain (hatefully) against anything suggested or implemented by President Obama.....

There's more than a few 'lefties' that could be described as 'hyper-partisan' as well. Some could very easilly be described as 'hateful' as well.

I'm a bit tired of everything coming down to right.vs.left, or Dem .vs. Rep. There's more to it, and those that fall back on the grossly overused generalities are just being lazy-assed trolls.

Back to the original topic - I'd be willing to bet that most on here don't run for office because they're not nearly as ready to shoot off their mouths when people can see their face as they are on an anonymous internet forum.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 May 2011 09:09 #42 by ScienceChic
Hmm, I've sometimes wondered how well I'd do in politics (probably not well at all, but it's always fun to dream!). Would y'all vote for me? :) I don't do special favors/treatment, insider appointments, deals, or bribery...yeah, never mind, I'd never make it.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

24 May 2011 09:17 #43 by Blazer Bob

Sunshine Girl wrote: With all of the political experts on here (on both sides) why don't you run for an office and make a difference?

I can not afford to buy all the people from my past that know too much about me. :Whistle

24 May 2011 11:26 #44 by TPP
Agreed, neptune, I've got a triple story closet, full of bones!

24 May 2011 12:03 #45 by PrintSmith

archer wrote:

Nobody that matters wrote: Question 1 on the ballot: Choose only one of the 482,546 choices for president.

and that's just the Republican primary.

At least then the pool will include a wide range of possibilities instead of two that are chosen by special interest groups. If we could get that many folks actually interested enough to get on the ballot in 50 states we would then at least have the comfort of knowing the eventual winner was thought by the majority of the citizens to be the best man for the job instead of the one who was sold to the highest bidder.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds