'sovereign citizens'

17 May 2011 15:31 #1 by CinnamonGirl
'sovereign citizens' was created by CinnamonGirl
http://crooksandliars.com/david-neiwert ... gn-citizen

I did not put up an excerpt from the story because it seemed very preachy but the video was amazingly scary.

I hope this does not turn into a all tea partiers are nuts thread because I do not believe that, but thought the video was important information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 May 2011 15:46 #2 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic 'sovereign citizens'
No, but there are at least two on this board who, by their postings, make it pretty clear that they subscribe to that philosophy... And I DO find it scary.

17 May 2011 15:51 #3 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic 'sovereign citizens'
It shouldn't have anything to do with the Tea Party just as communists in the US should not be connected to the Democrats. There are nuts out there...period.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

17 May 2011 15:52 #4 by ComputerBreath
Replied by ComputerBreath on topic 'sovereign citizens'
Saw something on 60 minutes this last Sunday regarding these guys. Very scary...

17 May 2011 16:00 #5 by Rick

LadyJazzer wrote: No, but there are at least two on this board who, by their postings, make it pretty clear that they subscribe to that philosophy... And I DO find it scary.

You are one twisted witch. Who on here has ever advocated killing anyone? There is a huge difference between wanting to limit the ever expanding government power and those who advocate killing people.

We have all said at one time or another that all Muslims are not terrorists and we should put the terrorist Muslims in their own evil category. But when a few nuts kill people in the name of limiting government, out pops more bullsh** from you as you equate a couple people on this board with murdering nuts.

For once why don't you keep your nasty trap shut and stop this crap? You seem to know instinctively who racists are as well and you accused me with ZERO evidence. You are obviously one unhappy troll and I pity you.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

17 May 2011 16:07 #6 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic 'sovereign citizens'
Who said anything about Sovereign Citizens automatically subscribing to killing people? I think that thought is scarier coming from your head than mine... I just said I find that philosophy scary... I didn't say anything about killing.

You obviously accuse me of that "with ZERO evidence."... Hmmmmmm

17 May 2011 16:09 #7 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic 'sovereign citizens'
Interesting listening. It goes beyond anything I would advocate, but they have a perspective that is not born from mental problems. What I hear is someone with a very different point of view from those prevalent today. That view is threatening the comfort of others around them. The same can be said for the opposing side. Their view is threatening the sovereign citizen. What is most interesting of all is that the perspective of a sovereign citizen is deemed crazy because it does not conform. Consequently, some wish to limit their freedom of speech. We've touched on this topic on another thread and concluded there are certain limits to freedom of speech. When it comes to espousing the severing citizen philosophy, many in government and law enforcement would like to see their freedom of speech curtailed. This particular view is what I find threatening. Today's accepted view may represent a philosophy that is every bit as threatening to those who espouse the modern philosophy a century from today. If this were you, then you would want to fight for being allowed to speak your mind. Politics governing freedom of speech because it is deemed threatening to the government is a major issue. It represents a moving target leading to oppression.

17 May 2011 16:31 #8 by Something the Dog Said

CriticalBill wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: No, but there are at least two on this board who, by their postings, make it pretty clear that they subscribe to that philosophy... And I DO find it scary.

You are one twisted witch. Who on here has ever advocated killing anyone? There is a huge difference between wanting to limit the ever expanding government power and those who advocate killing people.

We have all said at one time or another that all Muslims are not terrorists and we should put the terrorist Muslims in their own evil category. But when a few nuts kill people in the name of limiting government, out pops more bullsh** from you as you equate a couple people on this board with murdering nuts.

For once why don't you keep your nasty trap shut and stop this crap? You seem to know instinctively who racists are as well and you accused me with ZERO evidence. You are obviously one unhappy troll and I pity you.

CritcalBill, you are quite the hypocrite. I have challenged you repeatedly to refute the stance of BearMtnHIB advocating death and violence to those who do not follow his political beliefs, and you have refused to do so. Instead you make nasty remarks against other posters.

So, will you now refute the stance of BearMtnHIb or do you follow his sociopath views?

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

17 May 2011 16:34 #9 by Rick

LadyJazzer wrote: Who said anything about Sovereign Citizens automatically subscribing to killing people? I think that thought is scarier coming from your head than mine... I just said I find that philosophy scary... I didn't say anything about killing.

You obviously accuse me of that "with ZERO evidence."... Hmmmmmm

If you watch the video, it's focusing in on the radicals who call themselves sovereign citizens...I don't recall anyone here being anything close to that but you do like to paint people with your own brush. I still remember your ignorant post right after the AZ shooting where you were dead wrong also.

George Orwell

17 May 2011 16:42 #10 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic 'sovereign citizens'
This sounds very much like Timothy McVeigh stuff. And using it to make republican or conservatives as nuts is unfair. And would like to say that the Muslim thing is the same thing. Timothy Mcveigh was the cause of the second worst act of terrorism in this county and he was NOT Muslim.

These guys are not just about being mad they have alot of mental issues and sorry but liberals have had their own freedom fighters with bombs in the past and look at types like Rosie Odonnel, Joy Behar, Rosanne (many more) were insane during the last half of the election. They sounded delusional with their 911 conspiracy theories. No reason to get high and mighty.

This movement sounds like some real delusional stuff. On the end of the spectrum. I think we should see them as their own group of nuts.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds