May 21st is the rapture

19 May 2011 11:06 #31 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic May 21st is the rapture

BearMtnHIB wrote: You all better be payed up and prayed up before Saturday.

I'll be all prayed up- just in case.

I don't want to be like all you liberal heathens out there- your all going to hell!

Wouldn't it totally suck to find out Osama and the 72 virgins are partying hard while you wind up doing Satan's bidding? I am sure the Islamic fundamentalists are just as sure as you are about which God is right.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 May 2011 11:14 #32 by BearMtnHIB
Replied by BearMtnHIB on topic May 21st is the rapture
All I said was I'll be prayed up just in case.

I don't know who these people are who say the rapture is on Saturday- I have no idea who they are.

Dosn't hurt to be ready anyway- Were gonna have a "end of the world" party Friday night.

19 May 2011 11:18 #33 by AspenValley
Replied by AspenValley on topic May 21st is the rapture

BearMtnHIB wrote: All I said was I'll be prayed up just in case.

I don't know who these people are who say the rapture is on Saturday- I have no idea who they are.

Dosn't hurt to be ready anyway- Were gonna have a "end of the world" party Friday night.

No, that's not all you said. You said all the liberals would be going to hell. And if you're worried about being "ready" just in case, you might start by pondering whether you really want to try to explain such a presumptive statement to your Maker. Last i heard, Jesus wasn't a registered Republican.

19 May 2011 11:43 #34 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic May 21st is the rapture
Oh hell, it's getting serious now, folks. The CDC has just released a Zombie Apocalyspe Preparedness Guide! :VeryScared:

http://emergency.cdc.gov/socialmedia/zombies_blog.asp
Social Media: Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse
The following was originally posted on CDC Public Health Matters Blog May 16th, 2011 by Ali S. Khan.

There are all kinds of emergencies out there that we can prepare for. Take a zombie apocalypse for example. That’s right, I said z-o-m-b-i-e a-p-o-c-a-l-y-p-s-e. You may laugh now, but when it happens you’ll be happy you read this, and hey, maybe you’ll even learn a thing or two about how to prepare for a real emergency.

In movies, shows, and literature, zombies are often depicted as being created by an infectious virus, which is passed on via bites and contact with bodily fluids. Harvard psychiatrist Steven Schoolman wrote a (fictional) medical paper on the zombies presented in Night of the Living Dead and refers to the condition as Ataxic Neurodegenerative Satiety Deficiency Syndrome caused by an infectious agent. The Zombie Survival Guide identifies the cause of zombies as a virus called solanum. Other zombie origins shown in films include radiation from a destroyed NASA Venus probe (as in Night of the Living Dead), as well as mutations of existing conditions such as prions, mad-cow disease, measles and rabies.

The rise of zombies in pop culture has given credence to the idea that a zombie apocalypse could happen. In such a scenario zombies would take over entire countries, roaming city streets eating anything living that got in their way. The proliferation of this idea has led many people to wonder “How do I prepare for a zombie apocalypse?”

Well, we’re here to answer that question for you, and hopefully share a few tips about preparing for real emergencies too!

Better Safe than Sorry

:thumbsup:

http://www.skeptic.com/eskeptic/11-05-11/#podcast
The Zombie Autopsies

This week on MonsterTalk, we interview Harvard medical doctor Steven Schlozman, author of The Zombie Autopsies http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/044656 ... 0446564664 and get inside the walking dead to discuss a plausible mechanism for the zombie apocalypse. It took a lot of guts, but in this episode we discuss:

How did a doctor become interested in zombies?
What can zombies teach us about neurology?
Which is scarier: infection or cannibalism?
Why don’t zombies have sex?
What’s the best way to slice a brain?
What do brains taste like?
Plus much, much more!

Podcast available in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt ... mpt=uo%3D6

I, for one, am confident that the world won't end - after all, Oprah's finale is next week and she wouldn't allow anything to mess that up! lol

But, just in case those zombies rise up...(make sure you have a flamethrower on hand) :biggrin:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

19 May 2011 11:44 #35 by AspenValley
Replied by AspenValley on topic May 21st is the rapture
I saw that "Zombie Apocalypse" thing yesterday and thought it was extremely peculiar.

19 May 2011 11:59 #36 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic May 21st is the rapture
NOW "Zombieland" a MUST SEE FOR SURE!!!!

19 May 2011 12:15 #37 by ScienceChic

AspenValley wrote: I saw that "Zombie Apocalypse" thing yesterday and thought it was extremely peculiar.

Did you know that there's a guy who posted a service on Craigslist offering Zombie Protection? For a fee, he'll brave the horde to come rescue you and relocate you to a safe place! Of course, when you check out his armaments, you realize that he's completely unprepared (no flamethrower or modified monster truck to run them all over during the journey to and from).

I'm sure there are a lot of gullible people out there who are actually believing that the end of the world is near, but I, and many others, are having some tongue-in-cheek fun with it. lol Of course, there's also the underlying current of, with what's been happening around the world, economically, environmentally, socially, and where things are projected to go in the near future, it may not be so silly to consider...

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

19 May 2011 13:12 #38 by ScienceChic
Sorry, I can't help myself! :biggrin:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/cdc-zombie-apo ... al/?cpg=fb

At ThinkGeek, we take zombies pretty seriously. We're always looking for ways to raise awareness of the dangers of the apocalypse and educate the masses on safety and protection.

Well now it's official, the Zombie Apocalypse is nigh.

According to the CDC, we all need to start preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse. They've even published a guide. Of course, you already knew this day would come, didn't you? Sure you did. We've been telling you about it for ages, but it's good to see the government is finally taking this seriously. (The most important question--is CDC HQ in Atlanta actually rigged to implode?--is sadly left unanswered.)

We applaud the effort to raise awareness of our all but certain destruction at the hands (and teeth) of the freshly risen dead.

To do our part, we've put together a supplemental list of supplies. From comfort food to camouflage ThinkGeek's got you covered. Heck, we even tossed in a few items to help while away the time as you wait and wait and wait... with only the scratching of fingernails on the other side of the wall.

Are the emergency inflatable brains to be used for decoys...or as replacements? rofllol

http://www.foxnews.com/slideshow/leisur ... e/#slide=1
Best Car to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse

Now that the Centers for Disease control has warned Americans to prepare for a possible “Zombie Apocalypse,” the Knight XV may be your only hope.
File Attachment:

19 May 2011 13:31 #39 by Martin Ent Inc
I have Zombie eliminators.

19 May 2011 13:37 #40 by Martin Ent Inc

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds