May 21st is the rapture

20 May 2011 09:14 #51 by AspenValley
Replied by AspenValley on topic May 21st is the rapture

BearMtnHIB wrote:

No, that's not all you said. You said all the liberals would be going to hell.

That looks like a pretty cool house.

Yes- all the liberal heathens are going to hell!

Only the "heathen" ones?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 May 2011 09:45 #52 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic May 21st is the rapture

AspenValley wrote: Hey, isn't it already May 21 in places like New Zealand and Australia? Why aren't we hearing any reports of people being sucked up into the sky from there?

Good point! lol Who knew God used time zones?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

20 May 2011 09:50 #53 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic May 21st is the rapture
The only thing happening in New ZEALAND is a Epidemic Hazard
Three cases of Legionellosis were notified to the Public Health Service (PHS) in Marlborough between April 22 and May 9, 2011, compared to one case last year. Nelson Marlborough Medical Officer of Health Dr Jill Sherwood said, "All three cases were admitted to hospital and tested positive for L. pneumophila, serogroup 1 which makes up about 50% of Legionellosis cases notified in New Zealand. "Legionellosis illness may range from a mild flu like illness to severe pneumonia with symptoms including fever, dry cough, anorexia, shortness of breath, chills, muscle aches and headaches and sometimes stomach pain and diarrhoea. "The illness is not passed from person to person. Incubation is usually two to 10 days," said Dr Sherwood. She advised people with concerns about their health to see their GP. People most at risk of severe disease are those over 50 years of age, smokers, and anyone with immune suppression. Infection normally occurs after inhaling spray and mist from water containing Legionella bacteria. She said none of the cases had the most common risk factor of compost/potting mix exposure and investigations were continuing to identify a possible common source such as a cooling tower.

BUT NORTH of NEW ZEAland (Fugi there is a Earthquake)
Date: 2011-05-19 : 15:37:54
Magnitude: 4.9
Depth: 506 km

Which triggered a

Giant Wave Impact Date / time [UTC]: 20/05/2011 - 02:36:44
County / State: - City: -
Cause of event: Unknown Log date [UTC]: 20/05/2011 - 02:36:44

And is moving on up the Subduction Zone & Oceanic Spreading Rift

20 May 2011 09:56 #54 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic May 21st is the rapture
At the moment, the latest time on Saturday is 4:55am in Rawaki... I believe it's supposed to start at 6pm "local time"... Golly, another 13 hours to go!

Interesting story, where the kids are sane, the parents are nut-jobs... I can only imaging what's going to happen in that family when the sun comes up on Sunday morning....

Kids hope to attend party — but parents say world's going to end
Families divided as some people believe world will self-destruct on Saturday

The Haddad children of Middletown, Md., have a lot on their minds: school projects, SATs, weekend parties. And parents who believe the earth will begin to self-destruct on Saturday.

The three teenagers have been struggling to make sense of their shifting world, which started changing nearly two years ago when their mother, Abby Haddad Carson, left her job as a nurse to “sound the trumpet” on mission trips with her husband, Robert, handing out tracts. They stopped working on their house and saving for college.

Last weekend, the family traveled to New York, the parents dragging their reluctant children through a Manhattan street fair in a final effort to spread the word.

“My mom has told me directly that I’m not going to get into heaven,” Grace Haddad, 16, said. “At first it was really upsetting, but it’s what she honestly believes.”

Thousands of people around the country have spent the last few days taking to the streets and saying final goodbyes before Saturday, Judgment Day, when they expect to be absorbed into heaven in a process known as the rapture. Nonbelievers, they hold, will be left behind to perish along with the world over the next five months.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43106614/ns ... ork_times/

20 May 2011 13:12 #55 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic May 21st is the rapture
http://www.scientificamerican.com/artic ... A_facebook
Eternal Fascinations with the End: Why We're Suckers for Stories of Our Own Demise
Our pattern-seeking brains and desire to be special help explain our fears of the apocalypse
By Michael Moyer | August 18, 2010

Some researchers think that apocalyptic dread feeds off our collective anxiety about events that lie outside our individual control. The fear of nuclear war and environmental decay that gripped the nation in the 1960s was a big factor in the rise of the counterculture, says John R. Hall, a sociologist at the University of California, Davis, and author of Apocalypse: From Antiquity to the Empire of Modernity. In this decade, civilization has suffered through even more fundamental threats. “After events like 9/11 and the Great Recession, as well as technological disasters like the BP oil spill, people begin to wonder—not just people who are fringe zealots or crazies—whether modern society is any longer capable of solving its problems,” Hall says. If the world appears to be going to hell, goes the thinking, perhaps that’s just what is happening.

The impulse is partially a consequence of our pattern-seeking nature—we are, after all, creatures of the savanna, programmed to uncover trends in the natural world. It is in our nature to weave a simple story from a complex set of data points. (In recent years this tendency has been amplified by news media that are very good at turning complex events into cartoon crises.) The desire to treat terrible events as the harbinger of the end of civilization itself also has roots in another human trait: vanity.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

20 May 2011 13:14 #56 by Martin Ent Inc
It's all man made.

20 May 2011 14:01 #57 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic May 21st is the rapture
The Rapture will mean the appearance of the anti-Christ right? So is there a link to Bono & U2 playing at Invesco tomorrow on the same day?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

20 May 2011 15:07 #58 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic May 21st is the rapture

MsMAM wrote: I just signed up for the event post rapture looting on Saturday on facebook. I hope to get me a 68 SS Chevelle. I 'm just sayin'

I have plenty of guns and ammo, so I am good there. LOL :Whistle

With the 396 I assume, good choice.

20 May 2011 15:15 #59 by 2wlady
Replied by 2wlady on topic May 21st is the rapture
Interesting that God scheduled this thing. I wonder how often the early Christians were looking for the rapture.

20 May 2011 15:32 #60 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic May 21st is the rapture
I think a few of my customers who owe me money must be banking on the world ending because I just can't get them to come in and pay me. (Oh crap...did you guys feel that tremor?)

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds