Herman Cain has announced his candidacy for the nomination

22 May 2011 17:23 #21 by major bean
Obama publicly relates 1967 borders for first time by a U.S. president.

Israel PM defiant over Obama border proposals
21 May 2011 Last updated at 00:13 ET

In his speech to the state department on Thursday, Mr Obama stated overtly for the first time that the peace talks should be based on a future Palestinian state within the borders in place before the 1967 Middle East War.

Regards,
Major Bean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 May 2011 17:39 #22 by Something the Dog Said

major bean wrote: Obama publicly relates 1967 borders for first time by a U.S. president.

Israel PM defiant over Obama border proposals
21 May 2011 Last updated at 00:13 ET

In his speech to the state department on Thursday, Mr Obama stated overtly for the first time that the peace talks should be based on a future Palestinian state within the borders in place before the 1967 Middle East War.

You mean the first president since George W. Bush who made a similar demand in his Rose Garden Speech on June 24, 2002.

"Ultimately, Israelis and Palestinians must address the core issues that divide them if there is to be a real peace, resolving all claims and ending the conflict between them. This means that the Israeli occupation that began in 1967 will be ended through a settlement negotiated between the parties, based on U.N. Resolutions 242 and 338, with Israeli withdrawal to secure and recognize borders."

You guys are really morons.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

22 May 2011 17:46 #23 by major bean
Well, I am a moron then. But so is the news agency of the BBC and CNN and every newscast that I have heard on the radio since Obama made his unfortunate speech. I have only heard conflicting opinions on the forum only, the reservoir of genius.

Regards,
Major Bean

22 May 2011 17:49 #24 by archer

major bean wrote: Well, I am a moron then. But so is the news agency of the BBC and CNN and every newscast that I have heard on the radio since Obama made his unfortunate speech. I have only heard conflicting opinions on the forum only, the reservoir of genius.

Interesting, usually the conservatives here are blasting the MSM for not being truthful, or for slanting the news, or for outright lying, except, of course, when they report something you agree with. You can't have it both ways folks.

22 May 2011 18:10 #25 by major bean
Before you make any broad generalizations, archer, please link to where i have blasted the MSM for not being truthful. Or shut the hell up.

Regards,
Major Bean

22 May 2011 18:15 #26 by dummy up

major bean wrote: Before you make any broad generalizations, archer, please link to where i have blasted the MSM for not being truthful. Or shut the hell up.

The polite term is Dummy up. crude is not acceptable.

22 May 2011 18:20 #27 by archer
I didnt say you had major bean....just what conservatives usually post....are you saying you trust the MSM?

22 May 2011 18:55 #28 by Something the Dog Said

major bean wrote: Well, I am a moron then. But so is the news agency of the BBC and CNN and every newscast that I have heard on the radio since Obama made his unfortunate speech. I have only heard conflicting opinions on the forum only, the reservoir of genius.

If you are able to comprehend the quote that you posted, it merely states that this is the first time that President Obama has made that demand. You were the one who stated that President Obama was the first president to make this demand.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

22 May 2011 19:10 - 22 May 2011 19:16 #29 by major bean

Something the Dog Said wrote:

If you are able to comprehend the quote that you posted, it merely states that this is the first time that President Obama has made that demand. You were the one who stated that President Obama was the first president to make this demand.

This was posted by me a couple of pages back.

Obama calls for Israel's return to pre-1967 borders
May 19, 2011|By Tom Cohen, CNN
In the past, the United States has unofficially backed a two-state solution to the Israel-Palestinian conflict based on the borders in place prior to the war 44 years ago in which Israel seized the West Bank, Gaza Strip, Golan Heights and Sinai Peninsula.

In a major speech Thursday, Obama became the first president to formally endorse the policy , but he also acknowledged the need for modifications through the negotiating process due to conditions on the ground.

Your argument is not with me, but with CNN.

the link: http://articles.cnn.com/2011-05-19/politics/obama.israel.palestinians_1_israel-palestinian-conflict-borders-settlements?_s=PM:POLITICS

Regards,
Major Bean

22 May 2011 19:13 #30 by major bean

archer wrote:

Interesting, usually the conservatives here are blasting the MSM for not being truthful, or for slanting the news, or for outright lying, except, of course, when they report something you agree with. You can't have it both ways folks.

archer wrote: I didnt say you had major bean....just what conservatives usually post....are you saying you trust the MSM?

If you didn't say that I had, then your post makes absolutely no sense. You even quoted me as a reference. Are you saying that you post utter nonsense just for the hell of it?

Regards,
Major Bean

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds