Herman Cain has announced his candidacy for the nomination

21 May 2011 21:41 #1 by major bean
Here is the man who will be the best man in the White House.

Herman Cain launches run for the White House
By Michael A. Memoli

May 21, 2011, 11:12 a.m.
Reporting from Washington—
Herman Cain, a conservative radio host and former business executive, became the latest Republican to officially enter the 2012 presidential campaign on Saturday.

Making a play for the "tea party" vote, Cain said at his Atlanta kick-off that America needs a new generation of "defending fathers" to protect the Constitution.

"We can take this entitlement society to an empowerment society," he told the crowd at Centennial Olympic Park.

Regards,
Major Bean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 May 2011 11:21 #2 by JMC
I just watched him on Fox News Sunday, sorry but he is another wing nut. He said Israel would support the "right of return" for Palestinians. He had no clue that would mean the end of Israel as a Jewish State..His tax proposals were naive at best. Seemed like a nice guy though.

22 May 2011 11:34 #3 by Rockdoc
Personally, I think his tax proposal are right on. This has been talked about for a long time. Our current tax code, as he said, is broken. Everyone knows it. It can be simplified so that everyone pays a fair share. No more exemptions above the poverty level or whatever base line you wish to establish. You and I both know we will try to take advantage of each and every tax rule to reduce our income tax. That crap needs to end.

I also find it interesting how so many here are experts on the Palestinian-Israel matter when the experts on this can not figure it out. Needless to say, this situation is akin to some of the diatribe between D and R or L and C on this site. It gets emotional and all rational thinking goes out the window.

22 May 2011 11:40 #4 by archer
I think most people would favor a simplified more equitable tax system.....but so far what I have seen floated out there isn't it. Neither a flat tax nor a national sales tax will do it....and once you get into exemptions for lower incomes, different rates for capitol gains, etc. you open the door to create another 10,000 page tax code. I'd rather see graduated rates based on income...all income, from whatever source....and that's it. Rather like a flat tax for each income level.....you would pay x% on the income that falls within level 1, then y% on your income that falls within level 2....and on up.

22 May 2011 11:42 #5 by JMC

Rockdoc Franz wrote: Personally, I think his tax proposal are right on. This has been talked about for a long time. Our current tax code, as he said, is broken. Everyone knows it. It can be simplified so that everyone pays a fair share. No more exemptions above the poverty level or whatever base line you wish to establish. You and I both know we will try to take advantage of each and every tax rule to reduce our income tax. That crap needs to end.

I also find it interesting how so many here are experts on the Palestinian-Israel matter when the experts on this can not figure it out. Needless to say, this situation is akin to some of the diatribe between D and R or L and C on this site. It gets emotional and all rational thinking goes out the window.

I never said that the tax code we have is any good , just said his proposal was naive, it will never happen., and regardless of the name it is not fair. The unintended consequences of his proposal are enormous.

22 May 2011 14:24 #6 by major bean

jmc wrote: I just watched him on Fox News Sunday, sorry but he is another wing nut. He said Israel would support the "right of return" for Palestinians. He had no clue that would mean the end of Israel as a Jewish State..His tax proposals were naive at best. Seemed like a nice guy though.

Instead of "Jewish" State you should have said "Religious" State. I am totally in favor of abolishing religious states worldwide. Religious states can never be just or democratic.

Regards,
Major Bean

22 May 2011 14:28 #7 by JMC

major bean wrote:

jmc wrote: I just watched him on Fox News Sunday, sorry but he is another wing nut. He said Israel would support the "right of return" for Palestinians. He had no clue that would mean the end of Israel as a Jewish State..His tax proposals were naive at best. Seemed like a nice guy though.

Instead of "Jewish" State you should have said "Religious" State. I am totally in favor of abolishing religious states worldwide. Religious states can never be just or democratic.

Did you see his interview with Chris Wallace today? Are you still thinking he is presidential material?

22 May 2011 14:34 #8 by jf1acai

Are you still thinking he is presidential material?

If Obama is, who isn't?

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

22 May 2011 14:37 #9 by JMC

jf1acai wrote:

Are you still thinking he is presidential material?

If Obama is, who isn't?

The schlep didn't know what right of return meant for Israel, a disaster. I'm some know nothing in the sticks of Bailey and I knew. I am NOT close to someone I'd vote for pres.

22 May 2011 14:44 #10 by JMC

major bean wrote:

So are you for the "right of return " for Palestinians?

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds