Huge fire Sat night at the Apogea festival

12 Jun 2011 09:43 - 12 Jun 2011 09:46 #11 by Photo-fish
Pictures weren't allowed??!!
Facist Hippies??

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Jun 2011 09:44 #12 by HEARTLESS
Wayne, why do you think they didn't buy a ticket? They posted that they attended, not snuck into it.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

12 Jun 2011 09:47 #13 by Granny Bea

Bailey Patriots wrote: We were stunned, and a little afraid of the crowd that was there.
We decided, maybe not the best decision at the time, that it would be better if we alerted our community to what is going on in their backyard, and to try to stop this behavior in the future.
We will be making inquires to the authorities as to who allowed this to take place.
It will be very hard to hide a burn circle 60' in diameter!
It was surrealistic in that there appeared to be no one in charge and the crowd was very "excitable"!
By the time we got out of there we were exhausted from walking, but we felt that we needed to make our community aware!
We're sorry now that we didn't do more...

Why were you walking didn't you take a car.
You could have called the fire dept on your way home.
You could have done what the rest of the community could not without a ticket.
Did you have a ticket I thought they were sold out?
Did you call the Sheriff this morning so it could be sorted out before they are gone?
Did you call Bart Burger so he could sort it out?

Just a few things I would have done if I was concerned enough to go and complain.
JMO

12 Jun 2011 09:50 #14 by Photo-fish
They could at least let those in the community drop off their slash if they were gonna have such a big fire.
Kill 2 birds and all that. :Whistle

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

12 Jun 2011 10:04 #15 by Wayne Harrison

HEARTLESS wrote: Wayne, why do you think they didn't buy a ticket? They posted that they attended, not snuck into it.

The gates were closed after the event started. The event was sold out months ago. There were no sales at the gate. They mentioned walking so far they were tired and they were "intimated" about taking photos. (photos were permitted and I posted a link to the Flickr photo group).

By the time they got off the property, walking so far, the fire was probably out.

The organization has been having public board meetings about this for months. They even had a fire lead guy, coordinating with the county.

12 Jun 2011 10:06 #16 by HEARTLESS
Oh crap, I missed the Universal Vagina of Light? Sounds like another reincarnation of the Rainbow People aka. drugged out anarchist hippies masquerading as artists.
Please mother ship, come pick up your rejects, we don't want them either.

12 Jun 2011 10:08 #17 by HEARTLESS
So its an all inclusive (no one leaves) 3 day event? Sounds like Hotel California to me.

12 Jun 2011 10:14 - 12 Jun 2011 10:18 #18 by Wayne Harrison

HEARTLESS wrote: So its an all inclusive (no one leaves) 3 day event? Sounds like Hotel California to me.

No, they could leave, but they didn't allow cars to leave or enter after dark. They also had a $40 in-and-out fee that discouraged leaving during the event. From their rules:

"The gate closes on Saturday, June 11th at 6pm, before the effigy performance."

Since the OP was anti-event, I'm guessing they didn't buy a three-day ticket months ago just to hike in on Saturday night. But they could clear this up by telling us all how they happened to be on the private property after dark, hiking in.

12 Jun 2011 10:15 #19 by HEARTLESS
I also looked at the BS website for this. Green? What a load of crap. Right now 650 square miles of Arizona are burning, creating carbon dioxide and eating what converts carbon dioxide back to oxygen. Did they clear a forested area of combustible slash? Or more likely from pictures on their site, burn pallets for no actual heating purpose.

12 Jun 2011 10:20 #20 by Bailey Patriots
If you guys think a fire of this size in a forested area is appropriate for our community, then there is nothing further I can say to change your mind.
I posted this so those who didn't know this fire took place could be aware of the danger in future Apogea festivals.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds