Huge fire Sat night at the Apogea festival

13 Jun 2011 15:17 #51 by LadyJazzer

CriticalBill wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: So, you admit that this "throw-it-up-on-the-wall-and-see-if-it-sticks outrage-of-the-day drive-by hysteria" was the usual load of crap from the usual people that didn't check their facts before being outraged...

Got it.

Wow... I bet if I put "Patriot" in my name, I could throw up outrage-of-the-day stuff too!

I never said I was outraged, I just thought it was strange to allow such a massive fire in the mountains that have been previously burned.

I never said you were the original poster.... It's not always about you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Jun 2011 17:57 #52 by Rick
OK, no problem, but I don't think it's hysterical to be concerned when you are all surrounded by dry wood and people are building massive bon fires (fire dept or not). And....imagine all that nasty carbon that's killing the earth....that's probably the equivelent to a few cars driving for a year. :biggrin:

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

13 Jun 2011 18:11 - 14 Jun 2011 16:52 #53 by HEARTLESS
One last word of warning, don't shoot by smell. Hippies may smell like zombies, but they aren't truly dead yet.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

14 Jun 2011 11:29 #54 by Local_Historian
Some locals may smell like zombies, and guaranteed some of them are indeed brain dead already.

Just a thought, but what better place to have a fire than a burned out area that hasn't recovered yet? Personally, I think if you had a bare patch, with no grass or trees, that's the best place to put a fire. Especially a supervised fire. I know that some of the burn areas up by Eos are grass only still, and if contained properly, there is no issue except to those who feel a need to make issues.

15 Jun 2011 09:57 #55 by AaronGomez
The bottom line is, the original poster is lying. In order to have ANY fire at Apo (other than the approved effigy burns) they HAD to be contained within an approved fire barrel with a 5 gallon bucket of water on site. These barrels had to be off of the ground and have a fire grate on top. If you were burning ANYTHING on the ground, you were removed from the event. If you were burning in an un-approved fire barrel, you were removed from the event. Tiki-Torches were not ground for removal, but they were put out. And no, pictures are NOT banned at Apo, but you were asked to ask permission before hand if you were taking a picture of a person. I honestly doubt this person was on site. Care to post a picture of your TICKET Patriot?

15 Jun 2011 10:03 - 15 Jun 2011 11:16 #56 by AaronGomez
Also, per Barts request NO wood from on site was burned. He was concerned that the 30 year old dead-wood might cause too many embers, and ALL wood had to be brought on site. Once I get my pictures up online I'll be happy to post them. This was the 22nd regional burn I have attended (I've been to these from Florida to Nevada), and was by FAR the most fire-safety conscious I have ever seen. The only reason we were given permission to burn the effigy was that there was no fire ban and it had rained 4 hours before hand. Fire and medical were on site, and there were zero problems with unapproved fires. If we hadn't gotten permission, the effigy simply would not have burned. But of course, its easy to simply lie about an event you have never attended. Also, the picture posted earlier in the thread is of last years effigy, not this years. This years effigy was approximately 15-20 feet tall, and maybe half that in diameter. If you think that it was anywhere close to 60 feet, you weren't there.

One last note, please don't think Burners are Hippies. The vast majority of burners I know own their own businesses, have graduate or law degrees or are successful artists. Burns are WAY too expensive to pull of for hippies to do it....

15 Jun 2011 10:07 #57 by LadyJazzer

AaronGomez wrote: If you think that it was anywhere close to 60 feet, you weren't there.

Since when did FACTS have anything to do with some people's outrage-of-the-day anger?....(and worrying about the fact that SOMEWHERE, SOMEHOW, SOMEONE was having fun?!?)

:thumbsup:

15 Jun 2011 10:26 #58 by Nobody that matters
Only thing worse than a hippie is a financially successful hippie.

:biggrin:

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

15 Jun 2011 10:26 #59 by LadyJazzer
They can afford bigger Harleys....

15 Jun 2011 10:28 #60 by Nobody that matters

LadyJazzer wrote: They can afford bigger Harleys....

And their VW Microbusses are in far better shape.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds