Mc Donalds regulated into fewer fries & adds Apples

30 Jul 2011 07:00 #21 by LadyJazzer
Jeez, you people get further and further into the weeds...

Nobody is FORCING you to buy a "Happy Meal"... You want to feed your kid a "yummy" cheezeburger and fries, last I heard it's still on the menu. You DON'T want to buy a "Happy Meal"?...Don't buy it. The government didn't force them to do anything...

Get a friggin' grip....

Next thing you know, you're going to be telling me that Ray Kroc was one of the Founding Fathers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Jul 2011 10:18 #22 by ShilohLady

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote: WHERE are y'all getting information that this was a result of gov't regulation? IT WAS NOT... It was just McDonald's deciding that it was in their best interest to participate in offering healthier choices for a growing population of obese children (and adults) in this country. I applaud them for that as they have been part of the problem.

Again, from the first post in this topic (and the linked article):

The move from McDonald's came after San Francisco and nearby Santa Clara County, California, passed laws that would curb free toy giveaways with kids' meals that did not meet nutritional requirements.

So it was, at least in part, due to government regulation....

30 Jul 2011 10:28 #23 by LadyJazzer
So, "the Gub'mint" is Santa Clara County... And they weren't actually "forced" to; they did it voluntarily...

Got it....

30 Jul 2011 16:19 #24 by Wily Fox aka Angela

30 Jul 2011 17:07 - 31 Jul 2011 10:22 #25 by Something the Dog Said

BearMtnHIB wrote: Well we all knew it wouldn't take long for government to start regulating our choices for food, those nasty tabacco companies were OK to regulate- and we knew that someday the nanny state would start telling us what and how to eat- here it is, Mc Donalds caves into pressure by "pending regulations"

Here's the next step folks......They will cut back on the fries for ya- and add in some apples you never asked for.
With the government involved in everyones health care, there will be more and more of this kind of thing!
Can't wait to see what they all come up with next, and next, and next.

The move from McDonald's came after San Francisco and nearby Santa Clara County, California, passed laws that would curb free toy giveaways with kids' meals that did not meet nutritional requirements.

"Without the looming prospect of regulation in cities and states around the country, McDonald's would not have taken as seriously the concerns that the public health community and parents have been sharing with them about this issue," said Samantha Graff, director of legal research at Public Health Law & Policy, which drafted the models for the ordinances eventually adopted in Santa Clara County and San Francisco.

Field told Reuters that the changes announced on Tuesday were in the works for more than two years and had nothing to do with the Santa Clara County and San Francisco laws.
Field added that the new Happy Meals still would not meet San Francisco's nutritional rules, which also require a vegetable serving.

From the article that was linked, but apparently not read.

So the "gubermint" had nothing to do with this "outrage", but simply corporate decision. "Outrageous".

Don't worry- the government know what's best for us all!
http://news.yahoo.com/mcdonalds-happy-meals-apples-fewer-fries-145307231.html

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

30 Jul 2011 22:07 #26 by 2wlady
Take Hardee's--Please!! DH and I traveled to east coast the past two weeks in the 100+ heat and 90+ humidity, heat index 105-115 and up. This is to set the context.

Coming back, we stopped at Hardee's in WV or KY, can't remember which. There was NOTHING on the menu that was nutritious. All fat laden items. We ate there because we didn't want to go out into that almost unbearable heat and humidity. So, we CHOSE to stay there. We had to factor, go into the heat again and almost collapse, or eat here and listen to the arteries clogging.

So, yeah, we had a choice but it wasn't much of one. Oh, the other option was Dairy Queen. And to top it off, we couldn't get back on the Interstate immediately, but had to drive through town an additional 5 miles to get back on.

Gotta love those eastern, southern mountain states!

31 Jul 2011 16:57 #27 by Wily Fox aka Angela
I heard today that McDonald's is launching another campaign next month to attract more mothers with their kids to the restaurant.

White wine - Free refills

01 Aug 2011 08:30 #28 by outlawdenn
This is rediculous. The obese kids aren't ordering and eating the Happy meals in the first place. They are going for the bigger meals and mommy is letting them have them. If the streets were still safe, kids would still get up in the morning and have to be forced to eat breakfast before running out the door to go play with their friends all day, not even thinking about lunch and coming home in time for dinner. I think that we can thank the predators for obesity levels in kids now, parents can't let their kids out in most cities without the real fear of some freak attacking them.

01 Aug 2011 08:38 #29 by Wily Fox aka Angela
that's a leap... from child sex offenders to obesity

01 Aug 2011 08:39 #30 by Rick

outlawdenn wrote: This is rediculous. The obese kids aren't ordering and eating the Happy meals in the first place. They are going for the bigger meals and mommy is letting them have them. If the streets were still safe, kids would still get up in the morning and have to be forced to eat breakfast before running out the door to go play with their friends all day, not even thinking about lunch and coming home in time for dinner. I think that we can thank the predators for obesity levels in kids now, parents can't let their kids out in most cities without the real fear of some freak attacking them.

Good point, I remember when I was about 7 back in the 60s in Littleton, my buddies and I would get on our bikes and ride from Broadway and Arapahoe Rd to Cinderella City (Near Broadway and Hampden) and be gone all day. I didn't know any fat kids (maybe a few a little overweight), but it was normal for our little "gang" to be out all day and we were always moving. I blame technology also, starting with Pong.

Now it seems like kids have to be leashed to the property for their safety.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds