Mc Donalds regulated into fewer fries & adds Apples

01 Aug 2011 09:37 #31 by Rockdoc

outlawdenn wrote: This is rediculous. <snip> I think that we can thank the predators for obesity levels in kids now, parents can't let their kids out in most cities without the real fear of some freak attacking them.

Another example of not taking personal responsibility. TImes have changed. Kids spend a lot more time playing sedentary games and eating whatever. It is their choice. They aren't driven there by unsafe streets. Bzut, let's pass the buck and make someone else responsible for our poor choices. Oh man.........

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Aug 2011 11:18 #32 by outlawdenn
I started by addressing the personal responsibility of kids wanting the bigger meals instead of the smaller Happy meal and Mommy letting them have it. Oh man.... leave out that part. Looking at the big picture instead of just blaming restraunts and video games. There are all kinds of things that are fine in moderation and kept in balance, but seriously, how many parents do you know who can let their kids have the freedom outdoors that we used to enjoy? It is a sad state of affairs, and I believe it plays a big role in childhood obesity. You are right, times have changed.

By deleting part of my comments that do address personal responibility you do a great job of changing the meaning of my original comment. Gee, are you a professional journalist? I don't pass the buck, merely trying to look at the bigger picture. Childhood obesity is a combination of all these things, the saddest being that the kids can't be free to be kids anymore.

01 Aug 2011 16:35 #33 by Rick

outlawdenn wrote: I started by addressing the personal responsibility of kids wanting the bigger meals instead of the smaller Happy meal and Mommy letting them have it. Oh man.... leave out that part. Looking at the big picture instead of just blaming restraunts and video games. There are all kinds of things that are fine in moderation and kept in balance, but seriously, how many parents do you know who can let their kids have the freedom outdoors that we used to enjoy? It is a sad state of affairs, and I believe it plays a big role in childhood obesity. You are right, times have changed.

By deleting part of my comments that do address personal responibility you do a great job of changing the meaning of my original comment. Gee, are you a professional journalist? I don't pass the buck, merely trying to look at the bigger picture. Childhood obesity is a combination of all these things, the saddest being that the kids can't be free to be kids anymore.

Someone here deleted part of your post? Really?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds