Dow down 512 points today and over 1200 in the last 10 days

04 Aug 2011 11:21 #11 by The Viking

archer wrote:

The Viking wrote: We will see what the jobs report says tomorrow. Last month only created 18,000 jobs and 32,000 were created by Rick Perry in Texas so without him, we would have lost 14,000 jobs. And this month they are planning on a gain of about only 85,000 jobs. We need at least 120,000 and closer to 200,000 just to keep our unemployment number stedy. SO we are gong backwards fast.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles ... nth%20high

And yet....unemployment in Texas rose ....

Texas Hiring Improves With 32,000 Jobs In June

Posted on Tuesday July, 26 2011 | Job Creation | 0 Comments
Texas’ job creation got back on track in June as employers added 32,000 jobs, outpacing every other state and showing strength after sluggish May payroll increases.
Economists say the state’s energy sector is the main driver, but the state also made notable — if surprising and perhaps temporary — gains in the government sector.
Despite the gains, the state jobless rate climbed to 8.2 percent, up from 8.0 percent in May, the Texas Workforce Commission said Friday.

I guess Ol' Rick doesn't have all the answers......

Out of touch with reality again. SO you are saying ONE Governor cuts taxes and regulations and creates more jobs than the rest of the United States combined with obama running it and trillions handed to him, is the one that doesn't have the answers? Are you being serious?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Aug 2011 11:22 #12 by LOL

SS109 wrote: I was just about ready to get back in but this is holding me back a bit. Maybe I will do a little dollar cost averaging and ride the market down hoping for a dead cat bounce.

One of my big winners last year? Coal! It is one of the few things the US exports to China. China is buying commodities.

Has anyone ever seen a dead cat bounce? I would think it would just go THUD. LOL

Maybe this is time for ol Joe to get back in the game, I used to be quite the trader. Have to go find my Ameritrade account logins and see if they still work. LOL

Back in 2009 I tried buying some stocks on the way down, MSFT and GE if I remember. They kept dropping long after they looked cheap. Beware of trying to catch a falling knife they say. :)

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

04 Aug 2011 11:25 #13 by archer

The Viking wrote: [
Out of touch with reality again. SO you are saying ONE Governor cuts taxes and regulations and creates more jobs than the rest of the United States combined with obama running it and trillions handed to him, is the one that doesn't have the answers? Are you being serious?

Oh yeah....the answer is to create jobs AND raise unemployment......lets see how well that works for the country.

04 Aug 2011 11:32 #14 by The Viking

archer wrote:

Oh yeah....the answer is to create jobs AND raise unemployment......lets see how well that works for the country.

You really need to educate yourself before jumping on people. It happens all the time where jobs go up but unemployment does too. It has happened in our national numbers serveral times in the last few years. It is because people who gave up looking for jobs start to feel the climate is getting better to start looking again and see people getting hired again, so tens of thousands more throw themself back in the job search which takes the unemployment number back up when they are added back in to those looking, even when jobs are created. Economics 101

That is why they are not expecting the unemployment number to go above 9.2% this month because even though we are going backwards in job creation, the number of people who gave up looking and are just riding Obama's unlimited, endless unemployment has gone up. If they saw potential hope again and jumped back in the job search our unemployment number would rise considerably even if jobs were created.

04 Aug 2011 11:39 #15 by archer

The Viking wrote:

archer wrote:

You really need to educate yourself before jumping on people. It happens all the time where jobs go up but unemployment does too. It has happened in our national numbers serveral times in the last few years. It is because people who gave up looking for jobs start to feel the climate is getting better to start looking again and see people getting hired again, so tens of thousands more throw themself back in the job search which takes the unemployment number back up when they are added back in to those looking, even when jobs are created. Economics 101

That is why they are not expecting the unemployment number to go above 9.2% this month because even though we are going backwards in job creation, the number of people who gave up looking and are just riding Obama's unlimited, endless unemployment has gone up. If they saw potential hope again and jumped back in the job search our unemployment number would rise considerably even if jobs were created.

Well, that was pretty convoluted logic, basically you are saying that unemployment goes up when we create jobs.....I think I recall conservatives jumping all over Obama for not lowering unemployment even though jobs had been created......but now you are just full of excuses for why that's a good thing when Perry does it.

Carry on.......I think you have finally gone round the bend.

04 Aug 2011 11:42 #16 by LOL
Archer, not to gang up but Viking is right about the numbers. The Unemployment rate can move in either direction, because of the way it is calculated, you are only counted if you are looking for work. Its not a very good stat.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

04 Aug 2011 11:44 #17 by archer
I know that Joe....and that is not my issue with Viking, I just find it amusing that what Perry is praised for Obama is vilified for.

04 Aug 2011 11:55 #18 by The Viking

archer wrote: I know that Joe....and that is not my issue with Viking, I just find it amusing that what Perry is praised for Obama is vilified for.

I have always talked about the jobs created and when it comes to the unemployment number, up or down a couple points every few months is not as big a deal as a 2 year trend. Now THAT is a big deal. Under Obama 25 out of the last 27 months it has stayed over 9%. Under Bush after 9/11 took our unemployment up to 6.3% and after his tax cuts kicked in, with a Republican congress, he kept unemployment under 6% for almost 5 straight years. I have not critisized Obama for just a one month blip. It is his pattern.

04 Aug 2011 12:22 #19 by BearMtnHIB
DOW down 377+ as of this post!

http://chart.finance.yahoo.com/instrument/1.0/%5EDJI/chart;range=1d/image;size=239x110

04 Aug 2011 12:35 #20 by Kate
Could it be that this is the result of the deficit limit bill?

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds