Dow down 512 points today and over 1200 in the last 10 days

04 Aug 2011 15:48 #41 by archer

Joe wrote: I haven't read a single news article or opinion that says this drop in the market had anything to do with the debt ceiling BS. It seems to be related to the deteriorating economic numbers and Europe's unsolved debt problem. Does anyone have a link to an article blaming it on the debt ceiling? Other than the Huffing and Puffing post?

what I have read is the drop mon-wed was mostly driven by the bad bill on the debt ceiling, add in the European banks and we are creating a perfect storm that dumped them today. Bad news coupled with the feeling that the congress is really not serious about tackling our economic problems, or perhaps incapable of tackling them because of the animosity between the two parties. Either way.....things are not good. And it really does depend on where you get your information from on what is driving the market right now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Aug 2011 15:50 #42 by The Viking

Joe wrote: I haven't read a single news article or opinion that says this drop in the market had anything to do with the debt ceiling BS. It seems to be related to the deteriorating economic numbers and Europe's unsolved debt problem. Does anyone have a link to an article blaming it on the debt ceiling? Other than the Huffing and Puffing post?

Yes but it is easier to use deflections to take away the spotlight from Obama's incompitence.

04 Aug 2011 15:50 #43 by The Viking

archer wrote:

what I have read is the drop mon-wed was mostly driven by the bad bill on the debt ceiling, add in the European banks and we are creating a perfect storm that dumped them today. Bad news coupled with the feeling that the congress is really not serious about tackling our economic problems, or perhaps incapable of tackling them because of the animosity between the two parties. Either way.....things are not good. And it really does depend on where you get your information from on what is driving the market right now.

Link please?

04 Aug 2011 15:50 #44 by archer

The Viking wrote:

archer wrote:

The Viking wrote:

archer wrote: Ahhhhh yes, when you have no reasonable response bring out the cartoons. You conservatives ARE a cartoon.....but no one is laughing anymore. The coming collapse just ain't funny.

You are way too slow to comunicate with like an adult. THAAAATTTT WAAAAASN'T AAAAAAA JOOOOOOKKKE! It wasn't suppose to be funny. It is was you are proposing. Just give more money when Obama wants it and don't worry about the spending for the next budget.

I now think it was funny.....sounded like the Tea Party....It's ok if we let the nation default on it's debt......we'll be able to pay it in a few years after we balance our budget.....or Hey FAA......we're going to fly home, but we're not going to pay your salaries till were done with our vacation because we don't like the Democrats.

yep, I take back what I said.....it was indeed funny.

WOW you are slow. Not at all what I said. Takes too much time and effort to explain things to you.

I'm slow? this stuff was over an hour ago....and not worth the time we spent on it.

Perhaps you could spend some more time finding just the perfect cartoon?

04 Aug 2011 15:51 #45 by homeagain
Google Pimco's El-Erian and his commentary in Reuters,AdvisorOne,the economists.ect. I do NOT post links,however,I DO alot of research and El-Erian is a voice of reason in a time of insanity.......this world debt drama is just BEGINNING per El-Erian and he tells
you in EXPLICIT terms why, and what SHOULD be done,both global and domestic.......he generally is DEAD ON.

04 Aug 2011 15:52 - 04 Aug 2011 15:53 #46 by LOL

And it really does depend on where you get your information from on what is driving the market right now.

Well archer I use a broad index of google news headlines, WSJ, Yahoo Finance, and I watched CNBC for an hour or so (about all I can take). Some of the floor traders interviewed said it looked like more of an emotional sell-off, maybe not a long term downtrend. Who knows.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

04 Aug 2011 15:52 #47 by bailey bud
Well - my retirement funds lost about $5000 this week.

I don't really plan to change my investments, though.

Here's some thoughts from Brian Wesbury - from First Trust
(a perpetually bullish economist)

http://www.ftportfolios.com/Commentary/ ... ill-strong

04 Aug 2011 15:57 #48 by The Viking

archer wrote:

The Viking wrote:

archer wrote:

The Viking wrote:

archer wrote: Ahhhhh yes, when you have no reasonable response bring out the cartoons. You conservatives ARE a cartoon.....but no one is laughing anymore. The coming collapse just ain't funny.

You are way too slow to comunicate with like an adult. THAAAATTTT WAAAAASN'T AAAAAAA JOOOOOOKKKE! It wasn't suppose to be funny. It is was you are proposing. Just give more money when Obama wants it and don't worry about the spending for the next budget.

I now think it was funny.....sounded like the Tea Party....It's ok if we let the nation default on it's debt......we'll be able to pay it in a few years after we balance our budget.....or Hey FAA......we're going to fly home, but we're not going to pay your salaries till were done with our vacation because we don't like the Democrats.

yep, I take back what I said.....it was indeed funny.

WOW you are slow. Not at all what I said. Takes too much time and effort to explain things to you.

I'm slow? this stuff was over an hour ago....and not worth the time we spent on it.

Perhaps you could spend some more time finding just the perfect cartoon?

Still waiting on those links archer or did you make up hearing that?

04 Aug 2011 16:03 #49 by FredHayek
Maybe the financial people are waking up to the worldwide debt issues? Other than China, the biggest economies have major debt issues, Europe, Japan, the United States.

And contrary to popular opinion, the new debt deal didn't cut back spending, it only slowed the growth in spending, like going from spending 133% of your income down to 130%.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

04 Aug 2011 16:05 #50 by archer

The Viking wrote: Link please?

You would have to ride in the car with me, it was being discussed on financial news this morning.....nope, not on left wing talk radio. It's certainly not the only reason the market is falling, I suppose you could say it's just coincidence that we get a crappy bill through congress that doesn't address our economic problems and the stock market just decided to fall. Yeah, that's gotta be it.

You have to look at cause and effect beyond just the congress and the stock market.......Do you think China would have issued it's negative rating if the debt ceiling vote had gone smoothly without rancor, and if the $4 trillion dollar original plan had gone through? Do you think that that little bit of news from China had no effect on the market?

Whatever, since I have no link, I will retract what I posted and let you all decide if the bill is at all responsible for uncertainty in the market. My apologies Viking......maybe some day down the line you will offer the same courtesy to me.

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds