Dow down 512 points today and over 1200 in the last 10 days

04 Aug 2011 20:08 #71 by Hoot Owl
I dont understand the title of the thread

Dow down $350 right now and over $1200 in the last 10 days

Points and Dollars are a bit different, if your 401k is down $350.00 you are quite lucky. the market closed down 512 POINTS
today. There is a difference

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Aug 2011 20:09 #72 by The Viking

Hoot Owl wrote: I dont understand the title of the thread

Dow down $350 right now and over $1200 in the last 10 days

Points and Dollars are a bit different, if your 401k is down $350.00 you are quite lucky. the market closed down 512 POINTS
today. There is a difference

Am on meds and have no idea why I put dollar signs. Thanks for pointing that out. Changing it.

04 Aug 2011 20:12 #73 by The Viking

archer wrote:

The Viking wrote:

archer wrote:

The Viking wrote: Still waiting on those links archer or did you make up hearing that?

You really can be an ass.......I was out walking the dog in the rain, how was I to know you expected me to be waiting on here for your question so I could immediately answer you. Get a life Viking.

Not buying it. You have posted on this thread since I asked you.

If you are really that desperate for my attention to everything you post please PM me and make sure I see your latest insult. I'll be sure to check it out. When I post from the cell phone I don't always see any posts except the most recent. So would you like me to tell you where you can put your phony outrage?

Funny, you didnt seem this pathetic in person. I guess you can appear self assured when you want to.

I just asked for links on where you see that this market is dropping due to the hesitation in the debt ceiling deal. You are the one who won't give one.

04 Aug 2011 20:15 - 04 Aug 2011 20:17 #74 by LOL
Its kind of interesting to me to see these interest rates keep going lower to new record low territory. There is so much printed money pumped into the system by the FED that when it comes out of stocks or commodities, it has no where to go, the only place big enough to absorb it is, you guessed, the 16Trillion Federal debt and govt bonds. This seems dangerous to me, the markets are not working right, and the money is not invested in productive things to grow the economy. Not good. Too much money floating around doing nothing.

Joe wrote: Back on topic. This is interesting...
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Twoyear-T ... et=&ccode=

Two-year Treasury yield drops to a record low
The yield on the two-year Treasury note fell to 0.26 percent
The yield on the 10-year Treasury note fell to 2.39 percent,
The yield on the 30-year bond fell to 3.66 percent from 3.90 percent.
The yield on the three-month T-bill was unchanged at 0.01 percent

I also read there was so much money piled into treasury bonds so fast today that some bond interest rates were negative, investors were paying the gov't to hold their money! LOL

This is a big conspiracy to get all this new Federal debt financed cheap! Thats why the market dropped 500! LOL

These interest rates are insane.

Edit- Viking hope you get well soon! Do some day trading at home! LOL

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

04 Aug 2011 20:16 #75 by daisypusher
Now is a good time to refinance.....

04 Aug 2011 20:19 #76 by archer

The Viking wrote: I just asked for links on where you see that this market is dropping due to the hesitation in the debt ceiling deal. You are the one who won't give one.

what part of this post couldn't you read or didn't you understand? I said it was from a radio program, and since I couldn't post the link you wanted I retracted what I posted and apologized. What else do you want? Like I said, you sure can be an ass.

archer wrote:
You would have to ride in the car with me, it was being discussed on financial news this morning.....nope, not on left wing talk radio. It's certainly not the only reason the market is falling, I suppose you could say it's just coincidence that we get a crappy bill through congress that doesn't address our economic problems and the stock market just decided to fall. Yeah, that's gotta be it.

You have to look at cause and effect beyond just the congress and the stock market.......Do you think China would have issued it's negative rating if the debt ceiling vote had gone smoothly without rancor, and if the $4 trillion dollar original plan had gone through? Do you think that that little bit of news from China had no effect on the market?

Whatever, since I have no link, I will retract what I posted and let you all decide if the bill is at all responsible for uncertainty in the market. My apologies Viking......maybe some day down the line you will offer the same courtesy to me.

04 Aug 2011 20:34 #77 by The Viking

archer wrote:

The Viking wrote: I just asked for links on where you see that this market is dropping due to the hesitation in the debt ceiling deal. You are the one who won't give one.

what part of this post couldn't you read or didn't you understand? I said it was from a radio program, and since I couldn't post the link you wanted I retracted what I posted and apologized. What else do you want? Like I said, you sure can be an ass.

archer wrote:
You would have to ride in the car with me, it was being discussed on financial news this morning.....nope, not on left wing talk radio. It's certainly not the only reason the market is falling, I suppose you could say it's just coincidence that we get a crappy bill through congress that doesn't address our economic problems and the stock market just decided to fall. Yeah, that's gotta be it.

You have to look at cause and effect beyond just the congress and the stock market.......Do you think China would have issued it's negative rating if the debt ceiling vote had gone smoothly without rancor, and if the $4 trillion dollar original plan had gone through? Do you think that that little bit of news from China had no effect on the market?

Whatever, since I have no link, I will retract what I posted and let you all decide if the bill is at all responsible for uncertainty in the market. My apologies Viking......maybe some day down the line you will offer the same courtesy to me.

Been away from my computer for a while so I didn't see that one. And all I did was asked for the link. You sure are a defensive and anrgy person to call me an ass for that.

04 Aug 2011 20:41 - 04 Aug 2011 20:43 #78 by archer
You know darn well that wasn't why I called you an ass....first you accuse me of not answering you, then you accuse me of lying ...that makes you an ass in my book.....

04 Aug 2011 20:43 #79 by daisypusher
You guys need a room.... lol

04 Aug 2011 20:44 - 04 Aug 2011 21:08 #80 by archer

daisypusher wrote: You guys need a room.... lol

Oh please, one of us would end up dead within 5 minutes.

edited to add....Ok, that was a bit harsh....we seem to get along pretty well in person...but I may bring along my 20 lb ferocious Cavalier with me to the picnic for protection.

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds