[Poll] Do you use medical marijuana?

28 Jun 2010 13:49 #31 by Gringa

towermonkey wrote: Just an interesting note - I have my card, but had to give MMJ up because of workplace drug testing. I wonder how many people get tested for narcotics who are hooked on pain pills or how many are alcoholics who test fine because they don't drink the night before the test.

Well, now, that is just wrong. My son-in-law and I were talking about this last month. If you have a medical mj card, it shouldn't count on a drug test, PERIOD. It stays in your system a long time. You will test positive even if you haven't smoked in a week.

We still need to work on this whole issue, but at least it is a start. thank goodness.

And ditto on the pain meds. I finally found one that worked but the rest just made me not care about the pain, didn't relieve it. They also made me not care about anything much at all. The only pain med that actually relieved my pain was 120 mg of morphine a day..... hummmmmm, 120 mg of morphine or a couple of hits off a pipe through-out the day, geeeeee, I can't decided which to do.......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jun 2010 14:53 #32 by JMC

Gringa wrote:

towermonkey wrote: Just an interesting note - I have my card, but had to give MMJ up because of workplace drug testing. I wonder how many people get tested for narcotics who are hooked on pain pills or how many are alcoholics who test fine because they don't drink the night before the test.

Well, now, that is just wrong. My son-in-law and I were talking about this last month. If you have a medical mj card, it shouldn't count on a drug test, PERIOD. It stays in your system a long time. You will test positive even if you haven't smoked in a week.

We still need to work on this whole issue, but at least it is a start. thank goodness.

And ditto on the pain meds. I finally found one that worked but the rest just made me not care about the pain, didn't relieve it. They also made me not care about anything much at all. The only pain med that actually relieved my pain was 120 mg of morphine a day..... hummmmmm, 120 mg of morphine or a couple of hits off a pipe through-out the day, geeeeee, I can't decided which to do.......

Exactly right IMO

28 Jun 2010 14:59 #33 by Pony Soldier
My employer is based in another state so their rules are made there. They just have to put up with the adverse effects of me not sleeping. I won't take the narcotics. They make me feel like crap and only do a little to help with pain.

28 Jun 2010 15:08 #34 by PrintSmith

Gringa wrote: Well, now, that is just wrong. My son-in-law and I were talking about this last month. If you have a medical mj card, it shouldn't count on a drug test, PERIOD. It stays in your system a long time. You will test positive even if you haven't smoked in a week.

And it is precisely because the drug stays active in the system for such an extended period of time that companies don't want employees who smoke pot working for them and use the drug testing to screen them out. You don't have a right to be employed by anyone - at least not yet, though I'm sure the Democrats are working on a way to "fix" that problem too. You are free to start your own company and not ever worry about drug testing again if you wish.

29 Jun 2010 20:40 #35 by Sunshine Girl

cydl wrote: Legalize it and tax it like alcohol. Be done with it.

:yeahthat:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

30 Jun 2010 07:28 #36 by Gringa

PrintSmith wrote:

Gringa wrote: Well, now, that is just wrong. My son-in-law and I were talking about this last month. If you have a medical mj card, it shouldn't count on a drug test, PERIOD. It stays in your system a long time. You will test positive even if you haven't smoked in a week.

And it is precisely because the drug stays active in the system for such an extended period of time that companies don't want employees who smoke pot working for them and use the drug testing to screen them out. You don't have a right to be employed by anyone - at least not yet, though I'm sure the Democrats are working on a way to "fix" that problem too. You are free to start your own company and not ever worry about drug testing again if you wish.

Perhaps the courts will have to rule on this.....

Last night I was told that my son-in-law's company, in the Denver area, came in Monday and pulled a bunch of people for random drug testing. 6 were fired on the spot that tested positive and held MMj cards. So, TM, it isn't just out of state employers you have to be concerned about.

30 Jun 2010 08:49 #37 by Wayne Harrison
What you didn't say is what they tested positive for. Just because they tested positive and have MMJ cards doesn't necessarily mean they only tested positive for marijuana. Having a MMJ card isn't a get out of jail free card for other drug use when it comes to drug tests.

I have a family member on prescription pain medication and who gets drug tested. All they have to do is present a prescription for the drugs that show up in the test and that's that.

30 Jun 2010 09:14 #38 by Gringa

Wayne Harrison wrote: What you didn't say is what they tested positive for. Just because they tested positive and have MMJ cards doesn't necessarily mean they only tested positive for marijuana. Having a MMJ card isn't a get out of jail free card for other drug use when it comes to drug tests.

I have a family member on prescription pain medication and who gets drug tested. All they have to do is present a prescription for the drugs that show up in the test and that's that.

They tested positive for MJ.... boss says he doesn't care if they have a card, it is his policy. PERIOD.

30 Jun 2010 09:16 #39 by Wayne Harrison
Is it a place where they operate machinery or something similar? He might have a point.

30 Jun 2010 09:46 #40 by Gringa
I think he may have a point but if they are on Oxycontin and have a scrip it is ok... that is the point, Wayne.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds