Racist Democrats vs. Colorblind Republicans

23 Oct 2011 09:41 #31 by The Viking

archer wrote: The only truth in that post is that the republicans don't care if the blacks starve and are homeless.

Slavery was a long time ago... ancient history is all you have to bash liberals with.

Just had to save this so there is proof of your lies and your racism and attempt to keep racism alive. No one other than an extreme whack job would say that Republicans don't care if people starve and are homeless. You are a total hater and one that tries to keep this nation divided.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Oct 2011 11:25 #32 by archer
Yes...please do save that Viking....not that
you need reminding that you and your fellow conserrvatives don't care what happens to others. We heard it from the audiences in the debates..."let him die! ".

Bill...democrats have never promised to take care of blacks or anyone else from cradle to grave....only to assure them at whatever stage they may be in their life they will get assistance if they need it so they won't starve or die....can Republicans say the same?

23 Oct 2011 11:28 #33 by archer
And viking...you might want to considering an anger management course.

24 Oct 2011 10:21 #34 by Rick

archer wrote:
Bill...democrats have never promised to take care of blacks or anyone else from cradle to grave....only to assure them at whatever stage they may be in their life they will get assistance if they need it so they won't starve or die....can Republicans say the same?

Of course they don't say that, they say something like this "whatever stage they may be in their life they will get assistance if they need it so they won't starve or die" or they say the Reppublicans just wnt you to die quickly, or alone on the floor. It's fear mongering (and a lie) to say that if you vote for Republicans, you are voting for people who want you to die. If they were honest, they would say that Republicans want to make the American dream attainable to everyone by rewarding hard work and discouraging government dependency when at all possible.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

24 Oct 2011 11:31 #35 by Wayne Harrison
Republicans are with you as long as you contribute to society. If you are disabled and can't, or have a life-threatening disease, then you're on your own.

24 Oct 2011 11:50 #36 by Cat Crap Hill
Did CriticalBill imply that Blacks were like "children?"

24 Oct 2011 14:01 #37 by Something the Dog Said
So tell me, since Viking claims he is colorblind and only Democrats are racists, is the joke below that he posted sometime ago racist or "colorblind"?

Something the Dog Said wrote:

The Viking wrote: FOX NEWS BOWS TO THE PRESSURE:

Fox is already cowering down to the President.

In response to President Obama's complaint that FOX News doesn't show enough Black and Hispanic people on their network.

FOX has announced that they will now air " America 's Most Wanted" TWICE a week.......

I don't care who you are, that's funny!

PS, as most of you know I am the total opposite of a racist. It is just a joke.

That is completely and totally racist. You know, if you are not posting racist materials, you don't have to keep telling people that you are not a racist.

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/posting.php?mode=quote&f=3&p=35074 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">posting.php?mode=quote&f=3&p=35074<!-- l -->

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

24 Oct 2011 14:42 #38 by PrintSmith

Conservation Voice wrote: Republicans are with you as long as you contribute to society. If you are disabled and can't, or have a life-threatening disease, then you're on your own.

Are you truly trying to imply that everyone on government charity programs is disabled or has a life-threatening disease? I'm willing to bet the total sum of those afflicted with such situations account for a minority of all federal charity recipients.

As to the other part, why it's not worth responding to other than to say that the only difference between the Republican viewpoint and the one espoused by the Democrats is which level of government is responsible for the individual welfare of the citizens of the States. Republicans believe that the States retained their sovereignty regarding the welfare of their citizens and the Democrats believe that this sovereignty was delegated to the federal government. The demagoguery of the Democrats not withstanding, this is essentially the only difference between the two parties. One believes the federal government should not have all power of governance over domestic affairs of the States that belong to the Union and the other one feels it should. This is the true difference between those that support the concept of coordinate levels of republican government and those that seek to establish a single central government with plenary powers instead.

No one that I know of thinks that there is never a time where folks may need temporary assistance or continued assistance over a longer period of time. The question then becomes instead whether a one size fits all federal policy controlled from a distant location is the best means of providing that assistance or whether a more local, and therefore more responsive, level of government is the proper place for this power to reside. Myself, I prefer the more progressive form of government, the republican coordinate levels of government, over the regressive, though often tried, and failed central government model.

24 Oct 2011 16:46 #39 by Wayne Harrison

PrintSmith wrote:

Conservation Voice wrote: Republicans are with you as long as you contribute to society. If you are disabled and can't, or have a life-threatening disease, then you're on your own.

Are you truly trying to imply that everyone on government charity programs is disabled or has a life-threatening disease?

No, I'm not. And I didn't say that.

24 Oct 2011 17:20 #40 by swampfish

Conservation Voice wrote: Unfortunately, history is in the past and doesn't have a bearing on how voters vote today, no matter how much you wish it did.

You can't change the fact that the first female VP candidate was a Democrat or that the first black president was a Democrat or that the Democratic Party accounts for the majority of blacks in the House. There are only three black Senators and they are ALL Democrats.

Is it racism? Hard to tell, but go ahead and ignore the current unequal race situation in Washington and dwell on the KKK from 80 years ago.

I thought it was an excellent article. Pretty sure this poster didn't bother to read it. Either that or they insist on slinging mud at conservatives because it's easier than posting an inoffensive opinion as a liberal. Which reminds me of a quote I just read from a shop foreman at the old Republic Steel plant in Cleveland ....when a young black kid was being laid off. The black kid said to the shop foreman: "You're firing me because I'm black!" The foreman said "No, we hired you because you were black. We're firing you because you are useless!"

Sounds like a possible slogan for the 2012 election.

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give. - Sir Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds